Sign in to follow this  
Vampyr

Magic Gems And Percentage Rounding

Ok what I would like to know is if Magic Gems percentages get rounded. Ill use a few examples.

Say I have a 89% magic sapphire. The function rate would be 8.9% PA, would it round up that .1% to 9% PA?

If it does get rounded, where would it round from? Ive got a 96% magic emmy, with a function rate of 9.6%, usually > 5 rounds up would that mean that it would be equal to 10%?

the percentages of magin saphire and ruby works /10, so if u have 69% magin saph you get 6% pa

on maging ruby and diamon its /5, so if you have 84%magin ruby, you will receive 16% hp recovery

So what your saying is that they only work on whole numbers ie 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10. They dont have increments of .5 or .6 for example.

Would that mean that a 96% magic emmerald is the same as a 90% magic emmerald and that extra 6% does nothing?

Dam, I was hoping for some sort of rounding up system :P

They do not get rounded at all (as far as I know).

Their %'s are applied separatly and a 69% sapphire reduces the damage by 6,9%, if the final result damage (after the decrease) ends with numbers after the , (comma) it will be rounded. (0,5 goes UP all the rest rounds DOWN).

100 dmg -> 6,9% = 6,9 dmg reduced -> 100 - 6,9 = 93,1 -> it rounds down, so the dmg becomes 93.

ty white, made me a little happier about mine magin saph =)

hehe, np ;)

The is a rounding ofcourse, but it's applied AFTER the calculation of the PA/MA/HitProb/HP percents.

The percent doesn't round, the final value rounds, which makes your magin item make a diff on 75% or 79% ;)

I didn't see the codes of those, but I think it's the same way.

The moment the HP is added, it rounds I think, it adds all possible HP there exists, and then rounds it after adding.

same for ruby on regens, when regen it adds the % I think and then rounds the values after adding all %'s together.

the 99% diamond still is better then the 90% diamond... lolz thats the entire point of the rounding system.

It adds hp, calculates HP on success or failing hit, it sounds only at the very final moment of usage.