Sign in to follow this  
Hunter[GM]

*attention* All Players Please Read

Please make sure that you routinely change your passwords.

Do NOT share your account information with anyone. If you share accounts and items are stolen, we will not

replace them.

Also... if you play other Helbreath servers, please do not use the same acct info here.

Make sure your password, at least, is different than any other servers.

This is critical that you protect your items. We will do our part to keep your accounts safe.

But if you share access with others, you are inviting trouble and we will not assist you.

Thanks everyone !

' date='Feb 10 2009, 12:08 AM' post='252271']

"routinely" means we should change passwords often? ( like every couple of months?)

' date='Feb 10 2009, 12:08 AM' post='252271']

"routinely" means we should change passwords often? ( like every couple of months?)

like every month!

WHat I thought it was, and I could be wrong. I thought it was probally the same deal as the last time we were told to change our passwords. Someone got a hold of another private server's files and some players who had played there also played here and used the same accounts and passwords on both servers. Items went missing.

So I spose GM's though it mightve happened again.

Can you explain whats going on? We are told to change our passwords inmediatly, that is a critical situation....

Someone explain please..

Hunter isn't telling you that you must change your password immediately. He is just issuing friendly sensible advice and telling you that as a precaution you would be wise to regularly change your password.

But the way he told it in the server made me think that the situation was critical.

I know he told he was probably overreacting, but it sound pretty dangerous the issue.

Just want to know a bit of whats happening.

Maybe when the situation is controled it would be better then.

WHat I thought it was, and I could be wrong. I thought it was probally the same deal as the last time we were told to change our passwords. Someone got a hold of another private server's files and some players who had played there also played here and used the same accounts and passwords on both servers. Items went missing.

So I spose GM's though it mightve happened again.

No! hunter quite clearly says "ROUTINELY" you should change your passwords. This is sound advice for all applications where a password is required.

Theres a Guy Stealing lots of accounts.

We still dont know how he got the passwords.

But if u guys didnt took Keilogers or didnt used same passwords in other servers or Didnt Shared u are ok.

This is usually made, by owners of Shit servers. Players go and test and they leave his passwords there and then the admins use them to hack!

i think keyloggers,

there was a guy who sended pm everyone with some link.... and IE downloads atomatically some shit...

In addition to your home antivirus, u guys can use some online ones also to feel more safe.

Just search for "online antivirus" in daddy google and he will give u some

They take time but worth the work