Sign in to follow this  
MrBader

Please Explain Dr

I would just like to know how it works.

If I have dr63 chain does it just add the 63% to the chain making it 49 instead of 30 defense? Or does it add 63% to everything I am wearing? Would dr63 hose be worth wearing? I truly have no idea how this works so any info would be much appreciated.

After reading HB Portal it just makes it sound like it adds more dex so dr63 chain would give me +31 dex? but that doesnt make sense unless it is figuring off of 50 dex. Is that right? Im confused

Yes it is a little confusing. An easy way to look at the value is by comparing it to DEX, because DEX also gives you defense ratio points. Your base defense ratio is DEX * 2, so that's why people say dr63 is 31 dex.

Defense ratio is indeed not a percentage like HP or MP.. If you have a Defense Ratio+63 item, it adds 63 to your defense ratio when defending physical attacks. So really basically: your defense ratio = (DEX * 2) + DR on all equipped items

The defense ratio is compare to hit ratio of the attacker to determine the hit.

Yes it is a little confusing. An easy way to look at the value is by comparing it to DEX, because DEX also gives you defense ratio points. Your base defense ratio is DEX * 2, so that's why people say dr63 is 31 dex.

Defense ratio is indeed not a percentage like HP or MP.. If you have a Defense Ratio+63 item, it adds 63 to your defense ratio when defending physical attacks. So really basically: your defense ratio = (DEX * 2) + DR on all equipped items

The defense ratio is compare to hit ratio of the attacker to determine the hit.

Thank you jaapy

That is why if you dont have a High DR set it doesnt worth to be used.

Why? because if the Attacker has a Hit Ratio higher than your defense ratio (with set) he will hit you often and with a Higher Damage.

Is better to be hitted 9/10 times with a Dk set than the 7/10 times he will hit you with a low dr set.

That is why if you dont have a High DR set it doesnt worth to be used.

Why? because if the Attacker has a Hit Ratio higher than your defense ratio (with set) he will hit you often and with a Higher Damage.

Is better to be hitted 9/10 times with a Dk set than the 7/10 times he will hit you with a low dr set.

I see that now, I was wondering if it would be advantageous to use as a mage but now I see that it is not unless I have like 4 pieces at 91% then that would own.