Sign in to follow this  
hihihi

Questions On Fps And Detail Level

1. What is a "normal" FPS? I have FPS around 100-150 when detail level is low, 70-130 when detail level is high.

2. I saw in rules section that no mod on trees is allowed. I am not sure what tree mod is, but when I set detail level in game to low, some trees disappear, is this normal?

3. What does timing do? I see that on some screenshots.

4. I also see a set of figures on right hand side of some screenshots in forum, what are they? And how to make them appear?

Thank you.

1. I have fps around there also but i have met ppl who have 400 and over so your fps is okei i think but always can be better.

2.Because of the low detail the trees disappear don't worry about that, it is alright.

3. Timing helps you to time your spells on right time. So u can pfm or amp yourself before someone else can para or kill you. Zerk lasts for 45 secs and pfm, amp, pfa last for 1 minute (60 secs). So when you fight you know when to hit him/her.

4. I don't know what you mean with that sry...

Hello there,

1. Normal FPS changes for a lot of people, if you are using windows XP there are ways to boost it a bit (legally). 100-150 is not bad (with no angel in your screen). I consider 180-200+ to be fast.

2. Trees are meant to disappear on low detail, helps sometimes to set this down in pvp with a lot of trees.

3. Timing is used in pvp/pvm to time your/enemy player shields. For example, a protection from magic, invis, protection from arrow spell will all last exactly 60 seconds. So if you type /showtime (shows the timer) and someone PFM's at 30 seconds, when 30 seconds comes up again, their PFM will be out and they will be vulnerable.

4. Not sure which figures you mean, you mean in the top right? Sometimes servers have automatic imprints of the time/server on their screenshots.

Cheers,

Eldon.

The first three have been answered so on to the last one...

4. That's a special time stamp that's automatically put on every screenshot that you take. It won't appear in-game, and you can't choose to turn it on or off. It's just there.

thank you guys for answering my questions.

one more question: how to boost the fps legally in windows xp?

I dont think that's really possible using a software based solution. Guess you can only boost op your fps using new hardware.

If I'm wrong please let me know.... boosting up my fps with the crap I have is just a dream come true :o

Currently Helbreath is a game that is mostly run on the CPU. Therefore it is the biggest bottleneck for good FPS. Upgrade your CPU and you will notice improvements. Graphics card will not matter much beyond a certain quality of card.

I'm in the process of rewriting the graphics engine for HB, so that it will run hardware accelerated. Also looking at the possibility to run some parts of the game in multiple threads (like a network thread, a game thread, etc) so that people with Core 2 Duo or Quad cores have speedups. Most people nowadays have a multi-core processor, even if it just HyperThreading.

thank you guys for answering my questions.

one more question: how to boost the fps legally in windows xp?

do a search in forum there is a topic on this where several players show their setups.

i have my graphic card settings the same way ramz does and now i get around

220-350 fps depending on angels and lag.

another option is to disable all 3d graphix rendering on your computer this will give you

a nice increase in fps, however it makes Internet browsing a nightmare and i recomend against

it.

?

fps =/= lag

another option is to disable all 3d graphix rendering on your computer this will give you

a nice increase in fps

sry, but another bullshit

some options enabled gives better performance... READ instead of mindless CLICK

set is as a better performance, worse quality

?

fps =/= lag

a nice increase in fps

sry, but another bullshit

some options enabled gives better performance... READ instead of mindless CLICK

set is as a better performance, worse quality

WOW, DeZ your a real rocket surgeon arent you ?

his first questions 1. was about FPS, no one here really offered any advice on how to improve his fps

anything under 180 fps is slow.

by doing a simple forum search on how to get better fps, you will find what i was talking about.

and yes if my internet is laggy i get lower fps, if you dont know how that works then that sucks for you.

and your second point makes about as much sense as a box of rocks.

maybe you should READ instead of mindless CLICK.

p.s. I still find it cute how when a person (me is trying to help another player) another person you

a complete duche bag tries to belittle them, get a life kid.

WOW, DeZ your a real rocket surgeon arent you ?

not rly

his first questions 1. was about FPS, no one here really offered any advice on how to improve his fps

anything under 180 fps is slow.

by doing a simple forum search on how to get better fps, you will find what i was talking about.

and yes if my internet is laggy i get lower fps, if you dont know how that works then that sucks for you.

i only dont agree with lag = lower fps. It doesnt work as you think:S

and your second point makes about as much sense as a box of rocks.

no. people make common mistakes with it

and writing like you did is the same as those people do

p.s. I still find it cute how when a person (me is trying to help another player) another person you

a complete duche bag tries to belittle them

its ok

im just curious

that wasnt offence. it maybe looks like :P

If i wanna help somebody i write only reliable infomations. I'm not sure of that you wrote up here. Clear up please

get a life kid.

what do you mean? ^^ (now you can write an essay)

hihihi: set is as a better performance, worse quality in graph card :D :P

Currently Helbreath is a game that is mostly run on the CPU. Therefore it is the biggest bottleneck for good FPS. Upgrade your CPU and you will notice improvements. Graphics card will not matter much beyond a certain quality of card.

I'm in the process of rewriting the graphics engine for HB, so that it will run hardware accelerated. Also looking at the possibility to run some parts of the game in multiple threads (like a network thread, a game thread, etc) so that people with Core 2 Duo or Quad cores have speedups. Most people nowadays have a multi-core processor, even if it just HyperThreading.

Jaapy, wouldn't it just save you a bunch of time to just make several functions of the game fps-independent? Make a set running speed instead of fps effecting it.

My machine 1.300mhz amd athlonxp, 700 ram, gforce5200 128.

I get same FPS with low and high details.

If I change options nvidia does not improve.

Start the game with 1024 resolution 80-90 FPS, with 800, 90-100 fps.

I can try omega drivers or gameboost or gameaccelerator, but i think will not better work.

P.D. Sorry for my english.