Sign in to follow this  
oceaneagle

Darn Bug

I was playing normally in DV and went to use my MP 63 Targe, it wasn't there. I knew I had it with me because I had used it earlier. Anyway to cut a long story short I had been hit by a bug.

It works like this. If you take an item to put into your sack and miss the sack instead of being asked do you want to drop this item, it just drops. So I must have thought I had dropped the shield back in my sack but in fact thrown it away. I retraced my steps, it wasn't there, 3 other players were there but they ignored me when I asked if they had seen it.

The bug was fixed by simply re-booting the game.

Anyone got a hi-MP shield they want to trade to me?

its not a bug, i dont remember what key it is, but you can turn of the pop up that asks you

if you want to drop something.

I dont know if it was Maynard or a diff. elv. mage but this happened to them while fighting

me & a friend on HBusa and dropped their Mer. Sheild.

if you dont find on by the time i log later i think i have a mp 32 i can give you.

p.s. This is DropDedFrd / Miltank

its not a bug, i dont remember what key it is, but you can turn of the pop up that asks you

I dont know if it was Maynard or a diff. elv. mage but this happened to them while fighting

if you dont find on by the time i log later i think i have a mp 32 i can give you.

Hmmm! I wonder what key it is and how I came to activate it. Ho-hum some lucky sod has my MP63. Thanks for the offer, very kind of you. I am OK though as I still have my MP49 which I will use.

ok ocean

when you go to drop something...that box that comes up

on the bottom says NO ASKING FOR SAME ITEM

if that is checked ON instead of OFF, you will auto drop without being asked

Players use this to drop a load of pots, quickly

I'm sorry you lost your shield. I have MP 28 you can have :unsure: sorry its not more

' date='Dec 31 2008, 06:04 PM' post='247011']

ok ocean

when you go to drop something...that box that comes up

on the bottom says NO ASKING FOR SAME ITEM

if that is checked ON instead of OFF, you will auto drop without being asked

Players use this to drop a load of pots, quickly

I'm sorry you lost your shield. I have MP 28 you can have :unsure: sorry its not more

Hmm! I will be careful in future and thanks for the heads up. I have an MP49 which I am using, funnily enough I was going to offer it to you for your Mage as I recall on that dragon hunt you didn't have a very good one.

Ah well, worse things happen at sea and finding my mp63 will have made some Elvine very happy.

so true

maynard dropped mer shield on hbusa

also some kid dropped ms30 same way

so true

maynard dropped mer shield on hbusa

also some kid dropped ms30 same way

XelBlade were dropped exactly on hbusa too

i was running from a group of ares from ogres, i had wood shield in my bag that were end+14 that had dropped for me, so i decided to throw them away, little did i know that i also threw my hp+63 wood shield, i realized when i was safely in elvine

me shartting my pants run to ml and retrace my steps and BAM, my shield is still there ^_^

you just had bad luck and someone picked it up :(

Ok how can I turn it back ON? Coz I turned it OFF but don't know how the hell to turn it back ON.

Just log out, when you come back on it is back to normal.