Sign in to follow this  
razorza

New To Helbreath

Hey guys

I normally wouldn't come to a forum asking for help... but it's a last resort as I can't find ANY material on the net.

My friend and I want to start playing Helbreath but are completely and utterly confused. We've both played UO so we understand the whole skill system, but for example we have no idea where to train shields. (Well I think I do, in Barracks, but I can't seem to find any teleport back out of town :P).

We're not asking anyone to hand out anything here, we'd prefer to earn our characters, but we would like a bit of help regarding HOW to play. Maybe a website with labelled maps to help us, or a very newbie guide (most of the guides on the main Nemesis site don't work).

Anyways, thanks in advance

theres a website called hbportal.net that is very useful. theres also a guide on warrior/mages at the guide section of forum if you check the main topics

Hey guys

I normally wouldn't come to a forum asking for help... but it's a last resort as I can't find ANY material on the net.

My friend and I want to start playing Helbreath but are completely and utterly confused. We've both played UO so we understand the whole skill system, but for example we have no idea where to train shields. (Well I think I do, in Barracks, but I can't seem to find any teleport back out of town :P).

We're not asking anyone to hand out anything here, we'd prefer to earn our characters, but we would like a bit of help regarding HOW to play. Maybe a website with labelled maps to help us, or a very newbie guide (most of the guides on the main Nemesis site don't work).

Anyways, thanks in advance

what are you planning to do

wars or mages?

i bet some players here could be give you some advice

Shield skill is like any weapon skill, each block with a shield equals to an hit with a weapon, and when you have enough blocks in your "bank" you gain a shield skill level. Best way to train shield skill is in barrack lvl 2(?) on the hitting dummies that have huge hitting prob. each time they dont hit you -> you get a block on your bank -> fast shield gaining :)

Join a guild your guildmates I am sure well help you learn the ropes for the stuff that isnt mentioned in guides.

If you ever see me on I will be more than happy to show you around.

Also I believe Hunter[GM] and other players will be holding clinics for people such as yourself. So keep an eye on the forums for information about those aswell.

Good Luck!

/to BadingMage

Thanks for the advice guys, I'm gonna start reading Tricker's Helbreath Manual and see what I can get out of it :). As for exploration... well I'll guess I'll just have to get on with it and explore ;).

Thanks again

Oh and Moha... we're planning to play Mages, never really enjoyed the warrior side of things :)