Sign in to follow this  
wutafreek

Town Pits

Actually my suggestion is getting rid of a pit, not adding any.

My suggestion? Take away town scorps.

Why? Because so many people can get "lame" eks there, and there's plenty of other places a mage can level. I got my mage to 180 here on Nem2, and I only went to town scorps about 4 times total. It would get rid of the level 180s killing low level mages and wars for easy eks, and it would get rid of Elvines 1-minute raiding Aresden. It would also get people to actually search around in the other maps a little bit, if they can't train in town.

To answer some questions I know will come up...

"Where will I train as a mage if there aren't any scorps in town?"

Find another pit to train in. There's 4+ Skele pits in D2, 2 in ML, 1 in Icebound, 2 Scorp pits in ML, 4 Orc pits in ML (yes, a mage can train there), several Orc pits in D2, 2 each of Scorp, Skele, and Orc pits in Promiseland, or *gasp* find a war to party with! Trust me, it's not hard to find another place to level a mage.

"Where will I get my EKs if there's no scorp pit in town"

Raid ML pits. Raid Hunt Zones in town. Raid Icebound. Stand outside Shop or WH. Find somewhere other than the scorp pit to get EKs.

(If anyone feels like translating this to spanish, please do so)

(Si alguien quiere traducir este a espanol, porfavor hazlo)

"Why get rid of scorps if you're suggesting camping WH/Shop?"

Because while a mage training in scorp pit is a free EK, camping/boxing shop/wh will cause a lot more fights, and it will usually be between lvl 180s, not a level 90 mage who's trying to train.

Now, give me one decent reason to keep the scorps in town that ISN'T about getting EKs.

Actually my suggestion is getting rid of a pit, not adding any.

My suggestion? Take away town scorps.

Why? Because so many people can get "lame" eks there, and there's plenty of other places a mage can level. I got my mage to 180 here on Nem2, and I only went to town scorps about 4 times total. It would get rid of the level 180s killing low level mages and wars for easy eks, and it would get rid of Elvines 1-minute raiding Aresden. It would also get people to actually search around in the other maps a little bit, if they can't train in town.

To answer some questions I know will come up...

"Where will I train as a mage if there aren't any scorps in town?"

Find another pit to train in. There's 4+ Skele pits in D2, 2 in ML, 1 in Icebound, 2 Scorp pits in ML, 4 Orc pits in ML (yes, a mage can train there), several Orc pits in D2, 2 each of Scorp, Skele, and Orc pits in Promiseland, or *gasp* find a war to party with! Trust me, it's not hard to find another place to level a mage.

"Where will I get my EKs if there's no scorp pit in town"

Raid ML pits. Raid Hunt Zones in town. Raid Icebound. Stand outside Shop or WH. Find somewhere other than the scorp pit to get EKs.

(If anyone feels like translating this to spanish, please do so)

(Si alguien quiere traducir este a espanol, porfavor hazlo)

"Why get rid of scorps if you're suggesting camping WH/Shop?"

Because while a mage training in scorp pit is a free EK, camping/boxing shop/wh will cause a lot more fights, and it will usually be between lvl 180s, not a level 90 mage who's trying to train.

Now, give me one decent reason to keep the scorps in town that ISN'T about getting EKs.

completely agree

Here's an old post by Hunter about Scorp Pit Heros...

' date='May 30 2006, 11:32 AM' post='107985']

This ode to the Scorp Pit Hero goes along to the music JukeBox Hero by Foreigner

google it and listen to the song while reading the lyrics for better listening pleasure :P

Standing in the rain, with his head hung low

Couldn't get a real EK because he is too slow

See the shine of the real heroes, if only he could be

Put his sword to the noobs , what a lamer is he

He had one PVP , just blew him away

dead in 3 crits, and the very next day

bought a beat up bbh in the blacksmith store

Didn't know how to use it, but he knew for sure

That one bbh, felt good in his hands

Didn't take long, to understand

Just one bbh, and 200 str to show

Was a one way ticket, to a full hero

So he started rockin' ain't never gonna stop

Gotta keep on rockin'

Someday he's gonna make it to the top

And be a SCORP PIT HERO got stars in his eyes

He's a SCORP PIT HERO

He took one bbh got 120's in his eyes

SCORP PIT HERO he'll come alive tonight

In a town without a name, in a heavy downpour

Thought he passed his own shadow, by the warehouse door

Like a trip through the past, to that day in the rain'

And that one bbh made his whole life change

Now he needs to keep ek'in he just can't stop

Gotta keep on ek'in' that boy has got to lame his way to the top

And be a SCORP PIT HEROgot stars in his eyes

He's a SCORP PIT HERO stars in his eyes

Yeah SCORP PIT HEROgot stars in his eyes

WITH THAT ONE BBH he'll come alive

Come alive tonight

You know who you are..

lurking in the scorp pit for that goldie or even better..that mage casting ES with her new

Wiz hat on...then youre sure it's an EK.

You hide invis in the shadows of the scorp pit waiting for your chance to pounce and take out

that little noob. One by one youre on your way to becoming the

SCORP PIT HERO!!!!!!!!!

Scorp pit heroes, yay-uhyayeyeyahuh

:wub:

Long live the scorpions! I love training at them.

Scorp pit heroes, yay-uhyayeyeyahuh

Long live the scorpions! I love training at them.

Still can't believe I'm related to you... :sleep:

I wonder if it really is such a big deal that some people are able to get an easy EK from this pit. Besides the scorp pit, there are other possibilities of getting a relatively "easy" EK. When you remove the scorp pit, people will just camp ML entrances more because that's where more mages will go through then.

If you are a mage and you don't like being the victim of these people you can simply train somewhere else (you already listed some good alternatives).

So, can you answer why this is an issue in the first place? You mentioned what will change after the scorp pit is removed, but are all these things so troublesome that it will justify the removal of the pit? I'd like to think they aren't.

I wonder if it really is such a big deal that some people are able to get an easy EK from this pit. Besides the scorp pit, there are other possibilities of getting a relatively "easy" EK. When you remove the scorp pit, people will just camp ML entrances more because that's where more mages will go through then.

If you are a mage and you don't like being the victim of these people you can simply train somewhere else (you already listed some good alternatives).

So, can you answer why this is an issue in the first place? You mentioned what will change after the scorp pit is removed, but are all these things so troublesome that it will justify the removal of the pit? I'd like to think they aren't.

very well put :)

to be honest i don't really care that its there, its a good place to train for mages and if they started getting eked, they can just call for back up in town and plenty of max levels will come help, thus creating more pvp in town which is what we all want anyways.

When you remove the scorp pit

dont remove.

just swap sc pit with snake one in aresden

or swap with snake one in elvine.

and everyone will be happy.

or both cities will have same chance to get sc ek or noone will

When you remove the scorp pit

dont remove.

just swap sc pit with snake one in aresden

or swap with snake one in elvine.

and everyone will be happy.

or both cities will have same chance to get sc ek or noone will

Where they are now, or if your switched them with snakes everyone would still be able 2 get a ek

You just haave 2, or will have 2 retime in d1

i think instead of removal just move ares scorp pit to the bottom near EF ent, like elvines is at the

top near RH.

but there goes my chances of getting my hero helm to soon. :lol: