Sign in to follow this  
Quest's R Sux

This is written from the view of an lvl 130+ mage.

Ran around in D3 trying to do the "Kill 15 ogres" quest and well, I did find some ogres, but at the same time there were cyclops, skeletons and all those range hitting mobs around. I managed to kill 2 but then i decided to try the other quest the cityhall guy offered me.

Kill 20 mountain giants in Silent woods. Sounds like "yeh.. that'll do". Sooo I ran to Silent woods.. Ran it around 2 times and found 2 mountain giants total. Not that's all, there were also tentacles, skeletons and hellhounds around on the same screen.

Maybe farjat and sexy should tweak the quests a little? Maybe make the quest mobs spawn more and lower the number of the little annoying useless mobs? Dont think that some pits on the huntzones would be bad idea at all. ATM there is only 2 pits that are worth grinding and those are the rudolf pit in town and the clay golem pit in PL.

Yes, tweak quests please.

It would be also nice if ares ww was tweaked so that it wouldnt spawn on top of the hill in up left. And perhaps both town pits would be cool with couple more wws. Ww experience should be raised little, cause now its not even worth to kill those.

Ps. there's couple pits in dungeons worth grinding and also 1 in toh.

There are usefull pits at D2...

I allways make quest at the beggining when im lvl really low, then i train to lvl 180 and make the Frost quests...

Because i know the quests sux in lvls 120-179

good. i was just about to make a topic about quests, but it looks like someone else has something to say.

well, i think the quests now are pretty dumb. for instance, kill 20 ettins in SW. there's probably only 2 ettins in the SW map at a time. so this quest never gets done. the map should be ML or both, not just SW.

the frost quest is really good. basically, the only quest worth doing.

anyway, my problem isn't the quest themselves, but the way you select the quests. i'm thinking there's 2 ways you can do this:

1) make it so the quests cycle through a certain pattern.

for example: 1st the GG, 2nd the Demon, 3rd the Frost, 4th the Ettin.. etc.

2) make it so you can select which quest you want from a list.

i must've spent 5 minutes going through those damn quests trying to get the frost quest. i was pressing decline so many times, finally when the quest appeared, i hit decline by accident.