Sign in to follow this  
khelben

All The Talk On Changeing Towns

Giving it some serious thought the idea of being able to change towns has been a balancing act the admins have to worry about.... why not find a way to take the admins out of it.

there would have to be two fundimental changes to the way things work in the towns before this can happen

First a safe zone around the front door of the city hall

Second the ability of the members of the other town to enter the enemy city hall.

Then the city hall guy would have to offer the option to join town at a price.

This price would be

First 1 million gold

second all eks the player have convert to Criminal points. Which means if the player was massive on the eking and got the full set from town they would wind up with what over 500 crim to deal with. Couple this with a sliding xp/level table aka if you drop below the required xp for a level you lose the level and stat points you assigned for that level... This can get costly for mages because if you lose int you lose spells.

Now you get to keep the hero items you won but they cost you hp to wear them in town. the price of betrayal

this is kinda a work in progress idea please someone take a spark from this and run with it and polish this diamond in a lump of coal... mayhap someone can tweek this so it sounds alot better.

Run with it. dont slam it fix the suggestions til they work.

i think its a good idea but i think we can figure out better prices to be asked by the city hall guy.

i say this just because once u've taked the hero items from the city hall the ek's are gone are the db doesnt keep the count of ur eks it just goes back to 0 so i think the 2nd price u suggested its kind of "impossible". It can be made but it would be very hard to code

hmm is there a way to keep track of the bound items, they have set prices.

like the cape is what 300 eks worth

so if you have a cape bound to you (and it is still bound even if it is traded off) then that puts you at 300 crim

keep working the ide we can figure out a solid one to suggest correctly. after all we come up with a solid idea and word it right we might be able to make the admins go 'I want that" because that is who we have to make go "oooh I want that" the admins, I seen enough post where players say they want it now lets sale it to them.

I think full ek and hero wipe should be the cost. And the million gold. People claim they dont wanna change town cause they dont wanna level new chars, fine then take their eks.