Sign in to follow this  
fyw721

Lag Spike

Previously post gm's basically completely ignored me. I usually operate at around 101 ms ping which is completely fine....but lately I've been getting lag spikes going up to 500-800 ms at a time and my whole screen freezes...what is going on with host? I'm not the only one getting these lag spikes...it's especially during fights....very annoying....

Nothing, if your screen freezes it means your GFX card is overloaded.

What GFX card do you have and which programs do you run besides nemesis.

Also, does it only occur in specific places or when doing specific actions? or is it always random?

The other day it happened to me and 3-4 other players in my guild at the same time. That's not a graphics problem. :/

The other day it happened to me and 3-4 other players in my guild at the same time. That's not a graphics problem. :/

A screen that freezes is a graphics problem. Regardless of the network communication, at ANY time there is always SOMETHING moving. IF there would be severe lagg, your character would not move and show an idle animation (characters nod their body very gently). When your say "freeze" to me that means no movement at all, which is only possible if your gfx card/driver stopped working (due to overload). If that's not what you mean by "freeze" then you've chosen wrong terminology and don't know what you're talking about...

if it would be a lagg spike, you would not freeze, you would get a network/traffic-lagg message popping up after you try to run 5 tiles or perform any 5 other actions that require server intervention. A very easy check is CTRL+G, that ALWAYS requests something to the server (your guild info!) So if that dialog sticks on the loading page, then there is indeed a network communication issue.

Ok maybe the terminology is incorrect then, by freezing I mea there is a network traffic lag wait a moment on the bottom left and there is delay and pause and I can't cast or do anything....and then either lag dc or like 20 seconds later it resumes. This is what I mean by freeze

OK, then the issue is more likely a network issue.

Can you tell me which country you live, provider name, broadband speed, times at which it occurs expressed in server time, and other applications running in the background like steam, browser, Skype, ventrillo, teamspeak??