Sign in to follow this  
rainer

Nemesis & Linux

I've been trying to get Nemesis to run under WINE for awhile now, but it doesn't seem to work no matter what I try. Anybody else using a Linux distro to play? I can get official servers to load just fine, but Nemesis auto patcher just force-closes.

Using WINE and PlayOnLinux with Linux Mint 15 (Olivia). Have tried all config options within WINE itself, including limiting emulated desktop resolution to 640x480. I am able to get the auto-updater to install, however booting it within WINE or PlayOn causes it to crash. Mono is up to date, so I don't think it's related to .NET compatibility, however here is a snippet from the debugger loaded on crash:

[11/08/13 06:48:58] - Running wine- NemesisAutoUpdater.exe
fixme:mscoree:parse_supported_runtime sku=L".NETFramework,Version=v4.0,Profile=Client" not implemented
fixme:mscoree:CLRMetaHost_GetRuntime Unrecognized version L"v4.0"
wine: Install Mono 2.8 or greater for Windows to run .NET 4.0 applications.

Confusing, as I have Mono 3.5 right now.

Any help would be appreciated, I hate having to boot into Windows just for HB. :)

I just went and installed .NET official with WINE instead of Mono, and it's spitting out the same error.

Might have to just suck it up and boot into Windows. Bah.

Another good alternative is getting virtualbox (vb) and install a windows in there.

VB should run on Linux I think...

WINE just emulates windows, while VB is an actual virtual machine where windows behaves like windows inside and isn't some emulated-windows thing like WINE.

https://www.virtualbox.org/

Hmm. I haven't used a virtual machine before, but I have read that it works. I'll figure this out and update you if I get it working.

Thanks! :)

Hmm. I haven't used a virtual machine before, but I have read that it works. I'll figure this out and update you if I get it working.

Thanks! :)

white is right. this way u just run a windows inside a linux window...

Appreciate the info, I have it working smoothly within VB. My only problem now is that it's running @ 640 in a tiny window. Pretty awesome, though.

My screen goes from this adorable thing:

Z4gJvZN.jpg

and when I stretch to scale (or really, move it larger at all):

qJEha3h.jpg

Any ideas? lol

That's one of the disadvantages, going fullscreen or scaling the virtual box while in HB doesn't really work all that well... maybe if you try to fiddle with some settings in VB it would turn out properly, but I doubt it though.

I see. I'll tinker around with it, I guess worse comes to worst I can always just change my desktop reso.

Thanks for the help, guys. And yeah, Dark Souls ftw. Just got done with the stress test for the sequel last night, it's going to be amazing.