Sign in to follow this  
Boss

Axes

Hey,

I'm a player from a long long time ago. Decided to jump back in for a little bit.

I noticed axes now have shield strip ratings? What is that about? Can someone explain that to me.

Thanks in advance.

Easy. Axes now have the abillity to destroy your enemy shield. Before only hammers could do it, and now the battle axe class is worth to use :) a bit more

Sometimes you will face enemies carrying a pa30 shield and you will definetely need an axe to strip that shield, coz if boxed the 1st thing the guy is gonna click is the shield, in fights a pa30 shield (or ma30) can decide between Life and Death :lol: i've seen many BAXE users since this change, makes me really happy, btw you're posting on the neme2 forums :P

It looks like a battle axe only reduces a tower shield endurance 2 per hit, and it begins stripping around 300 endu.

To strip a tower shield, a battle axe takes a very very very very long time.

in nem 2 the values were something like sword did 1 end dmg, hammer did 2, axe did 10, when concerning shields.

perhaps 10 was too high at the time, many hp axes were available and shields couldn't be +3 easily.

however now hitting with axe is harder since good hp one is rare, so imagine you must hit 30 times to break wood (the lowest shield), but you wont hit with every swing, so 40-50 swings to break wood with the old endurance modifier, meaning a mage using PA wood could be para'd 2 or 3 times and lose his wood shield 1 on 1. That sounds roughly fair, seeing as a high PA wood can reduce damage so drastically that eking 1 on 1 is not possible when attacking with physical damage.

a +3 tower is easy to make, and has over 1.2k endurance. by current values you will never destroy that shield before user has opportunity to escape, which is why very few people are using axes. (600 hits required currently, at 50dex and dk set+ tower dr, actual swings required will be over 9000)