Sign in to follow this  
Hilmer

Rollback?

Whats up with this, I just lost 20 levels and a zem from a rollback, just now?

This is just sad

Edited by Hilmer

We have a Arbor TMS mitigation system of 58.000$ installed... and you feel sad because you lost 20 levels?

When an attack occurs, we cannot predict behavior. We have fail-over systems including this mitigation shield that helps us fend it off and allows you guys to keep on playing.

If you lost a couple levels, we'll gladly make a global summon event for you to participate and gain some extra exp in a fun way.

Who cares man. I went on and started leveling again. Boom after 10 levels. Rollback! Surprise surprise. Sorry but on a lowrate like this .

I honestly wont put up with rollbacks, have fun everyone.

Same stuff happened on legion 120. Atleast on that server levels wasnt super slow.

But its a nice legacy youre aiming for right here.

Wipe. Rollback. Crash.

Honestly, I won't put up with people like you who complain and whine 24/7 thinking they're king of the hill.

Rollbacks we cannot compensate on this scale, there is too many people affected in too many ways that it cannot be handled. So the solution we give to it, is resolve the issue causing it so it doesn't occur again and then add some fun events around the game to enjoy and give the opportunity to earn (partially) back what was lost in a slightly faster and more fun way.

and who cares? we care! we care that YOU can keep on playing... if we didn't put in this shield, we would be down for the next 24 hours. If you don't care, I will freely ban your IP for 24 hours from playing... I guess that's ALOT MORE loss then your 20 levels... it's only a word to get it done... and if you don't care at all, the 2030 button ain't that far away either, a single click will solve all your issues.

We offer here a FREE server for your to play, hosted 24/7 on a dedicated machine that has fail-over systems and VERY EXPENSIVE shields to protect us from DDoS attacks. You'd better show some respect an appreciation for the work, effort, time and money we're putting into this game to bring it to you.

How does a DDoS cause a rollback?

it can if it makes the server crash before the autosave

And how does the server crash from DDoS? DDoS should only make the server unreachable from the public.

depends if it makes the net crash or it put too much work on the server (basically the network can stand vs the ddos but the server doesnt)

How does a DDoS cause a rollback?

it can if it makes the server crash before the autosave

And how does the server crash from DDoS? DDoS should only make the server unreachable from the public.

It does, and the sudden cut from the net causes in very very very rare cases for a send notify msg to delete the client (cuz no connection) and after the send notify some more code is done with the client, but it is already NULL, causing a null-pointer exception... it's extreemly rare to occur in some pieces of code as I don't always check if the client is null right after sending a notify message. the more it crashes on such, the more of them I can fix (i'm too lazy to go over the code and fix them all atonce)...

But the rollback this guy is talking about is probably the one from 4:15 AM yesterday when the world server crashed. If that one crashes, (part) character data is lost. It happend, but I fixed the bug already. Right after it we had summon events for free and more experience.

Same stuff happened on legion 120. Atleast on that server levels wasnt super slow.

But its a nice legacy youre aiming for right here.

Wipe. Rollback. Crash.

That attitude. Why are people this stupid?

And thanks for putting up this great server white.