Sign in to follow this  
farjat

Getting Game Setup Ready. [Autoupdater Test Required]

Hello People.

As many of you know we used to have some problems with our Game client Autoupdater.

We are figuring to fix that problems for Nemesis 3 and we made changes which we suppose fixed the problem.

We have a BETA version of the new nemesis installer/updater/fixer for .Net framework which should work ON ALL WINDOWS VERSIONS now.

We have tested it on a few machines and different windows versions and we would like to test it on real time.

We request u to download this file and just run it no matter the folder where it is.

If your windows is ready for Nemesis u will see usual autoupdater window. And if u are not ready, u should get some installation messages from Microsoft .NET components needed and following the dialogs it should be fixed.

Then press PLAY GAME and u should be starting getting files as on old autoupdater.

http://www.helbreathnemesis.com/downloads/NemesisAutoUpdaterSetup.exe

Please post here if it worked or not for you. If didnt worked, please post your windows details, like version, language and x86 or x64 bits.

Thanks!!

PD: This same setup will be fixed for Nemesis 3 Beta so Keep the installation done to win Time!!!

Spanish:

Basicamente estamos afinando el cliente. Bajense este updater y prueben si les funciona y si actualiza y abre el cliente.

Si no les funciona, posteen sus versiones de windows y si es 86 o 64 bits!

Gracias

it works, it opens, but it downloaded nothing.

tryed to log in, and it tryed to connect(X secs and gooing up) instead of saying that the account doestns exist.

pd: tomorrow i will try to do a clean instalation

Edited by aengis

Windows XP, SP3 32 bits

Validates and runs perfectly, no errors.

Just to clear up some confusion amongst some of the people who have tested the auto-updater INSTALLER:

It's only the installation we're testing. The auto-updater will run but it'll downgrade itself to nemesis 2 auto updater and download the nemesis 2 files and if you launch the game, it'll attempt to connect to nemesis 2.

Which has been closed last sunday... So it's very much normal that you cannot connect to the game.

It's only the installation that matters in this test. Later today we'll be moving the secretly-hidden nemesis 3 website to the public location and redirect www.helbreathnemesis.com to the new nemesis 3 website. Shortly after that we will build the nemesis 3 auto updater, update the auto-updater configurations and put all nemesis 3 beta files into place. At that point you can run your nemesis 2 auto updater and it'll update itself to nemesis 3 auto updater and it'll download the latest files.

The Nemesis 3 auto updater has some changes:

- Support for Windows XP SP2 or earlier has been abandoned (we ONLY support Windows XP SP3 or higher !)

- File validation procedure has been slightly reworked and now uses multi-core processing to speed it up. so having a dual, quad or even hexa core with (or without) hyper-threading will speed up the validation precedure as each core will be used for validation. (in the Nemesis 2 version it only used 1 core to process all of them sequantially.)

4 hours to go time yes?

Somewhere between 4 and 8 hours untill the Beta opens.

In about 4 hours, maybe 4h30 i'll be commencing the last check-ups to ready up the beta. I expect some web pages and parts of the game to have some initial problems left which either need fixing or need to be disabled for the time-being (e.g. cash-in page of market place, e-mail change page, ...). For the game I think it's a matter of preparing the release beta files, which I'll also start doing around noon server-time.

So I estimate the actual beta to go live for the public around 2 PM server time. (this is only an estimate though).

But you're free to join in the forums around 12.00 and keep an eye on what's going on.

Perhaps we should have some chat room available for everyone to join together and talk while we prepare the beta to go live ;) That way we can keep you guys up-to-date :D

Perhaps we should get our live-broadcasting channel up again so we can actively stream the commencing of the beta, and there's also a chat room in there anyway ;)

Windows Vista - Home Premium X32 Bits :) Ok :)

Windows 7 - Home Premium X64 Bits :) Ok :)

Pero Al instalarlo ademas de tardar unas 2 horas :wacko: se paro en un momento y no avanso,lo volvi a abrir y descargo el juego completo xfin ^_^

Perhaps we should get our live-broadcasting channel up again so we can actively stream the commencing of the beta, and there's also a chat room in there anyway ;)

YEAH Turn it on and link please ! :D

4 hours to go time yes?

In about 4 hours, maybe 4h30 i'll be commencing the last check-ups to ready up the beta. I expect some web pages and parts of the game to have some initial problems left which either need fixing or need to be disabled for the time-being (e.g. cash-in page of market place, e-mail change page, ...). For the game I think it's a matter of preparing the release beta files, which I'll also start doing around noon server-time.

So I estimate the actual beta to go live for the public around 2 PM server time. (this is only an estimate though).

But you're free to join in the forums around 12.00 and keep an eye on what's going on.

Perhaps we should have some chat room available for everyone to join together and talk while we prepare the beta to go live ;) That way we can keep you guys up-to-date :D

Noon is 1AM for me. I'll probably be sleeping by the time the beta starts. I hope I get up in time for phase 1 attendance! Don't want to miss out on the cape, bahaha.

@J-Power: I'm looking into the broadcast channel, we'll go for www.twitch.tv/hbnemesis so for now you can hang around there. I'm not in the channel right now, but I will join in around 12.00 server time.

@evocator: the stability phase lasts 1 to 2 weeks, there'll be plenty of moments to interact and assist the staff around the game to get your attendance checkmark ;)

I'll be there as soon as I wake up man. I can't wait for the flood of people, so fun playing HB with tons of people starting out at the same point as you!

4 hours to go time yes?

All the spanish texts are mostly "works for me"

Theres one which says updater works but when try to open game says need directx 7 !!!!! He have win7 x86.