Sign in to follow this  
WhiteFang

Nemesis 3 Buff Icons

Nemesis 3 Buff Icons  

47 members have voted

1. 1. How would you like to see the Buff Icons in Nemesis 3?

• Buff icons for all magic effects (including Freeze, Poison, ...)
    • Buff icons for friendly magic effects (not for effects applied by the enemy such as Freeze, Poison, ...)
    • Buff icons for friendly magic effects except PFM, AMP, PFA, GDS and DS
    • Buff icons for consumables (not for magic effects)
    • No buff icons at all (not even for consumables)
  2. 2. How would you like to see the Cancelling of buffs?

• Friendly applied buffs only (all magic effects)
    • Friendly buffs except PFM, AMP, PFA, GDS and DS
    • Any buffs except magic buffs (includes consumables)
    • No buffs at all (not even consumables)

Vote in the poll and explain your choice in a reply, why you chose it and why you didn't pick the others.

My choice goes to:

- Buff icons for friendly magic effects (not for effects applied by the enemy such as Freeze, Poison, ...)

Consumeable buffs are useful to quickly know how much time you got left, removing them will make it harder to see how much time is left for them. They don't add or change value to PvP as most of these consumeables are rather things like exp boost, gold boost, drop boost etc...

I could also live with the "Buff icons for friendly magic effects except PFM, AMP, PFA, GDS and DS" option as that would keep the current buffs available and only removes those buffs related to PvP.

- Friendly buffs except PFM, AMP, PFA, GDS and DS

This was drawn from experience with Nemesis 2 buffs, where the cancelling of this type of protection buff makes PvP'ing and timing the enemy impossible as he could cancel it at any time without the enemy knowing it.

I also think the cancelling of other buffs, such as invulnerability, berserk, invi, slates or consumeables should be allowed as it doesn't change much in PvP, it's rather a negative effect to cancel them early.

i think its ok to see what you have, specially consumables.(but with a small size icon)

delete buffs?...well i dont really care about it, but it can be done that you cant delete the buffs that you casted on yourself, that way you can erase the pfa given from an "ally" that wants you killed.

As i said before:

Ive been checking forum since nemesis announced the new version. I didnt know about some stuff, like this buff and invu, just what ive heard on here.

First of all, i just wanna say that imo nemesis is the best server to play, due to the adm support, players and the gameplay. With buff, the gameplay will be just killed. When i started on here i didnt even know how to time. The fact that i didnt have an automatic timer on my scren, made me train and think about it during fights. The new players should learn it too, and not turn it into an automatic server response, it will just ruin the pvp action. Its part of the game, you cant change some basic stuff in game, or it will lose his essence, which makes ppl keep playing hb after 10 years, even with some other 3d games in scene.

Same as the invu. Box isnt the best demonstration of skill, but as somebody said on here (if did), its part of the game and its really fun. Its nice getting those stacked players into a box and see they slowly die.

You guys should keep those things how it was, and focus in some stuff which will motivate ppl on keep playing, like: constant events; new contents; more hero parts or colorful ones after you reach the necessary for a full set (an idea that i always had, because you will keep looking for eks, even if you already fh); get the dk set with half of its stats in 180 (usual black), and then turning it into color after each some amount of majs you get, until you reach the full usual stats. Those are just some ideas, that does not involve the chaging in basic gameplay.

Thats just my opinion tho, and im just saying because i really want a great server again.

Thank You.

Marcos

In general:

Classic HB with only change Pandents , Hero Set's and Delete Tamming skill

Give us some different set colors in order to an upgrade. Rest, keep it classic nemesis!

invul and erase of safe zones MUST stay, so boxes MUST dissapear.

the number of seconds on every buff... i think its only necesary on the consumables.

and as i said before: delete buffs? just dont let some1 delete the buffs that they casted on themselves. or some1 from the party.

the other things => i dont care

In my opinion there should be no buffs to see, and no timer, like in the good old days, in that way fights will be much more interesting, more deaths, and more skills are needed to survive.

Can anyone who voted "no buff icons at all" please expand on their choice as of why you would not want to have the buff icons for consumeables to show up?

Considering a possible reply would be that the icons are too big, we'll be adding smaller icons and the option to change size as desired.

To explain a little bit abou the consumeables from our end, the consumeables such as "increased experience booster" have a 1 hour time on them. Once used the boost of experience lasts for 1 hour.

The remaining time can be shown in 2 different places:

1. The item's description (which we won't remove at all) - this takes some effort to see, open bag, find booster, hold-down mouse on booster to see item description.

2. The buff icons - When the booster is first used, a buff of 1 hour is added to your list of buffs and shows up along the list of other buffs at the top-right of the screen. This way you don't have to do the time consuming action of the first way to know the time remaining, you simply look at the top right corner and know how long your booster has left.

I can clearly understand that having PFM/AMP or other PvP related buff icons sort of move away or change the way PvP is played, yet I don't see how the time remaining on your experience booster would interfear on PvP at all. It is even unrelated to PvP, it's a PvE part as PvP isn't that rewarding for Experience. It would be great if someone could expand their idea why this consumeable-buff icons would be a "bad" thing to have.

Quoting myself from different posts. I will be adding as I find them around threads.

Delete a friend buff is wrong. In that case you can use Cancel.

Besides, learning to aim correctly is part of pvp.. You would cancel a buff a friend gave you under 2 circumstances:

1. He pfa/ds you instead of doing it to the enemy. Thats an error that can make a decisive turn in the fight. If you got pfa/ds by your friend you should wait until its gone, either resisting yourself, with your friends backing up or maybe the enemy dont even notice.

2. You want to re amp/pfm in a specific time. Timing has always been a vital part of fights. Not everyone makes it good, and the ones that do it can control the fight. Allowing it goes against the ones that learned, or not, to fight along the years and fosters crap fights. People backing up, or waiting behind to all get reamped at the same time.. Being unable to keep track of time of your enemy or introducing a "guess fighting" instead of a tactical fighting.

-----------------------------------

This way the old way of timing is sensless if your enemy can cancel his protection without notice, or when you can fight without any worry about your timing. Thats what, in addition to other things, made HB pvp so fun, the amount of stuff you have to pay attention at, and these are the kind of things that make a worse or better player. Its part of the acquired skill.

--------------------------

Example 1: While fighting you have to take decisions. If you raid with mages, and these are in a situation that cant amp you or they are dying, then you failed to support them (or you got outnumbered). Everyone know mages are first aim at fights, unless theres someone easier around.. If you decide to take pfm, its a risk you take, you shouldn't be able to revert that, why make it easier? Sometimes fights are won because of that, someone that took a pfm instead of amp.. Thats why its great to have a cancel mage with you also.. the fact that he can cancel your pfm or whatever..

Example 2: Again, mistakes that happens which can be avoided.. Once again, always making it easier when it doesn't have to. Wait the minute, or keep luring, or change lurer, or get canceled by a cancel mage and not a *censored*ing button.

Example 3: I dont get it.. People have to learn to time theirself, dying is part of the game..If you failed to pfa between 20 dark elfs, or try to run, or die.. face it.

Example 4: Again, risks you run while figthing. As before, things like this can decide the winning side on a battle. Once again, taking away one of the advantages of having a cancel mage on your side. If you pfaed a friend, then make everything for him to survive in the case he dies. It also forced you to train your hand and aim.

Example 1 and 4 are two important aspects of PVP.. Why make it easier, its stupid the way i see it..

------------

WoW and those games are pure shit regarding pvp.. Helbreath has (had..) this thing that makes it great: a great pvp action.

Timing yourself is essential in a fight.. But now you dont need to..Watching 1 second the number thats above you wont make you loose concentration. New players have to learn to time theirself, its a basic from the game. Besides "the today's" game sucks dicks, this is why I always kept playing HB, because it was from the "ancient era" and had the best pvp action ever.. Turning it into WoW or some shit like that its so wrong..

@Svafnir: That's an opinion I value, it reasons the choice to not have buff icons for PFM, AMP, PFA or other PvP related skills. Your opinion makes sense, it builds on good examples and clearifies exactly why such buff icons could possibly harm the way PvP is played in Helbreath.

I still like to hear from those people who have chosen to have no buff icons at all, not even for consumeables (which arn't even PvP related)

Honestly with ps4 coming out soon da real skill in Hb is pvp and timingg. Thats wat makes this game. box can b cheesy but its part of it ... mayb just limit invul to ML... that is fair. in da respective town, mayb randomly change da invul zone... every 30 min or something. 1 point. un town. as for buff non pvp related ... ok

Edited by Guerrero

I think their are great arguments for why theyre shoudnt be buff icons for magic spells. I changed my note to not include consumables bc as you've pointed out white, boost potion's timer or any other of that nature will have no hiderance on pvp. Keeping buff icons for consumables will only make game easier for pvm and new players to know how much time they have left.