Sign in to follow this  
Serenisima

Physical Damage Formula Nemesis

The title says it all, i want to know how the damage formula works. Because I can not figure out how it is possible to get from 26 to 98 damage with zerk, dk15, 200str, dm+4 and ring of dragon (i make -100 with 190 str and same weapon, but i cant bealive my self)

as i know the common formula with zerk is

(WAPON DMG+WEAPON DMG*STR BONUS)*2 + DAMMAGE BONUS (DK+RING+NECKLACE)

as i know str bonus is str/10*2%

so its would be

(26+26*40%)*2 + 15 + 4 + 4 as max damage in my case, and that is 36.4*2 + 23 = 95.8 not 98 or 100

I dont know if CAD add some damage if weapon dont have rep.

I would love to see the response of someone who knows about the topic in Nemesis (developer will be the best)

Regards

Combo gives +1 to max hit for each consecutive combo hit:

short sword - 1st combo hit +1, 2nd +2, 3rd +3

long sword - 1st +0, 2nd +1 3rd +2

axe - 1st +1 2nd +2 3rd + 3

fencing - 1st +2 2nd +4 3rd +6

arrow - 1st +0 2nd +1 3rd +2

hand -1st +0 2nd +2 3rd +3

i think this was kinda already covered in the CAD thread, so be careful man gm's hate repeating themselves.

ps: i think exact formula is a secret.

i think this was kinda already covered in the CAD thread, so be careful man gm's hate repeating themselves.

ps: i think exact formula is a secret.

I know that, hunter make a special topic

' date='Dec 9 2006, 05:19 PM']

1- checked forum for a topic like yours/ use search

2- checked hbportal.net website for the answer

3- asked your friends in game or guildmates

4- asked in town or global chat

5- Used the GM-Player liasons in game. They are always willing to answer questions.

(Magic Joker, cidnly, elguason, King, Trinity, Isabelle, Hisoka)

So I do as hunter says before make a new topic, i look in helbreath portal (USA Server) and i have formula for normal dmg+str bonus as i say in firs thread. I ask to guildmates and no one be sure about formula (or dont care XD, but im a mathematic boy je)

The zerk + bonus (like rep,Dk, rings, necklace) after zerk I take from CAD/REP topic that white explain it so well.

But whith this formula i cant get my 98 dmg XD (98 with cad yes, but no my new 100 and 190 str), so i ask.

Thanks

Edited by Serenisima

the info i posted is not related to CAD as a weapon stat, it means different weapons (skill) have their own bonus when you hit consecutive attacks,

example, you hit with a blacksmith Flameberg, Claymore, or event DK sword ( Long Sword Skill)>>> 1st consecutive hit adds +0 to casual damage (hit dice of the weapon itself), 2nd consecutive damage =+1, 3rd =+2, 4th start all over again the combo.

lets put an example:

Flameberg. (S-M mob) = 2d10+0

first hit: Max dmg= 2d10+0=20

(starts combo)

second Hit: Max dmg =2d10+0=20

3rd Hit: Max dmg= 2d10+1=21

4th Hit: Max dmg= 2d102= 22.

Esterk. (S-M mob) = 1d7+0

first hit: Max dmg= 1d7+0=7

(starts combo)

second Hit: Max dmg =1d7+2=9

3rd Hit: Max dmg= 1d7+4=11

4th Hit: Max dmg= 1d7+6= 13.

same goes for each skill with the info posted above.

the info i posted is not related to CAD as a weapon stat, it means different weapons (skill) have their own bonus when you hit consecutive attacks,

example, you hit with a blacksmith Flameberg, Claymore, or event DK sword ( Long Sword Skill)>>> 1st consecutive hit adds +0 to casual damage (hit dice of the weapon itself), 2nd consecutive damage =+1, 3rd =+2, 4th start all over again the combo.

lets put an example:

Flameberg. (S-M mob) = 2d10+0

first hit: Max dmg= 2d10+0=20

(starts combo)

second Hit: Max dmg =2d10+0=20

3rd Hit: Max dmg= 2d10+1=21

4th Hit: Max dmg= 2d102= 22.

Esterk. (S-M mob) = 1d7+0

first hit: Max dmg= 1d7+0=7

(starts combo)

second Hit: Max dmg =1d7+2=9

3rd Hit: Max dmg= 1d7+4=11

4th Hit: Max dmg= 1d7+6= 13.

same goes for each skill with the info posted above.

Ok if CAD dmg is before zerk its ok :) numbers go well now. But im not sure CAD goes before zerk :P

weapon stat as Consecutive attack Damage+ X goes after zerk

implicit CAD of each weapon (the list posted above) goes straight to Hit Dice before any bonus (str, zerk, etc). this way u explain you can hit 20+ with a BS Esterk swinged with a 40 str mage. 1d7+6 at 3rd hit = 13 *2 = 26 (40 str has very low str bonus (8 %))

As a reply to the first post of this thread:

First of all, the exact formula is a secret, we'll never release it.

Second, your formula is incorrect.

Why incorrect? you don't take combo-attacks, weapon's +15, enemy absorbtion (both natural (vit) and armor), the weather, dash, crit, weapon type bonus, ... into account.

The formula for physical damage is VERY complex, there are no calculators for this as there are too many random and unknown factors which manipulate the damage (mostly enemy's PA and natural PA)

Therefore, your 98 or 100 is perfectly possible, judge from play, not from theoretical models ;)

Regards,

White[GM]

Helbreath Nemesis Developer (Coder GM)

Dammit its a secret formula :(

Ok i have no problem with this (cof, cof, lier), i just wonna see how my damage will reduced if i go from 200 str to 160.

But as you say i will go first and then i will know how my damage is reduced, and roll back if i dont like it :P

Thanks very much White, yours is the kind of answer i was looking for. And thanks bachelet for your fast answer.

Edited by Serenisima

As a reply to the first post of this thread:

First of all, the exact formula is a secret, we'll never release it.

Second, your formula is incorrect.

Why incorrect? you don't take combo-attacks, weapon's +15, enemy absorbtion (both natural (vit) and armor), the weather, dash, crit, weapon type bonus, ... into account.

The formula for physical damage is VERY complex, there are no calculators for this as there are too many random and unknown factors which manipulate the damage (mostly enemy's PA and natural PA)

Therefore, your 98 or 100 is perfectly possible, judge from play, not from theoretical models ;)

Regards,

White[GM]

Helbreath Nemesis Developer (Coder GM)

+1

thank for the information