Sign in to follow this  
Belv

System Restore

anybody know how to get to it when ur comp is initially booting up? i think its something along the lines of a destructive partition. its basically like a reformat.

anybody know how to get to it when ur comp is initially booting up? i think its something along the lines of a destructive partition. its basically like a reformat.

mmm not sure what u really want.

i guess u screwed your windows and want the easy way to fix fast.

boot PC. once it passed bios load, start pressing F8 (if u get to boot menu u started to F8 too early, just choose the HD and start F8 inmediatly after that)

Once u pressed F8 on the right moment, u will get to a txt menu where u have the option "last good known configuration". i guess thats your exit.

boot PC. once it passed bios load, start pressing F8 (if u get to boot menu u started to F8 too early, just choose the HD and start F8 inmediatly after that)

Once u pressed F8 on the right moment, u will get to a txt menu where u have the option "last good known configuration". i guess thats your exit.

wasnt my comp, was my buddies. but no that doesnt work either, basically whats happened is, no .exe can be ran because the rundll bla bla is missing. so even if i have the proper things to fix it on a CD and insert it to the comp, i still cant run it as i get the same error obviously. thinking the only possible fix is to reload windows. but was trying to avoid that because he doesnt have the disk, which is why i asked how to get to that recovery screen from the initial boot. i did it before, just dont remember how...

wasnt my comp, was my buddies. but no that doesnt work either, basically whats happened is, no .exe can be ran because the rundll bla bla is missing. so even if i have the proper things to fix it on a CD and insert it to the comp, i still cant run it as i get the same error obviously. thinking the only possible fix is to reload windows. but was trying to avoid that because he doesnt have the disk, which is why i asked how to get to that recovery screen from the initial boot. i did it before, just dont remember how...

well at that point on errors on windows, theres no way back. Even if u can sort it, that really means windows is already screwed. Reload is best choice no doubt. He just need to be sure he have backups.

--------------------------------------------

TIP

If u care your windows. basicly u cant use internet. Or u can do a little trick that helps u be safe and clean.

Split your HD into 2 primary partitions:

C: 30gb or little more if u run heavy games

D: rest

Use C: for windows

Use D: for storing your files (u can map "My documents" to it also)

With nothing to loose on C: u can format C: and reload windows without care...

maybe if enough of population votes, like if sade bugs or something, there can be some sort of vote system to begin sade :D that way players can help themselves if is bug. The threshold would have to be quite high tho, like 75%+ of players need type command /startcrusade for it to register, or maybe it would count how many votes are cast until it reaches a critical number, like 120. Obviously anyone detected using command at the wrong time would be punished for trying to change server schedule.

maybe if enough of population votes, like if sade bugs or something, there can be some sort of vote system to begin sade :D that way players can help themselves if is bug. The threshold would have to be quite high tho, like 75%+ of players need type command /startcrusade for it to register, or maybe it would count how many votes are cast until it reaches a critical number, like 120. Obviously anyone detected using command at the wrong time would be punished for trying to change server schedule.

:unsure: what ?

On topic, if you have a slave drive that has windows working properly on it, you can run a registry repair from the slave to the brocken drive and it should replace the .dll the hes missing. Tell him to stop watching naughty videos online and downloading music using limewire. :P