Sign in to follow this  
Synz

Anti-pulling Coding

I like the first idea synz, but the down sides as several have posted is what about if you DC ?

ive been getting alot of really bad lag spikes lately and DC about once or twice an hour stupid ip.

So for this to work there needs to be a way to discern a player who gets DCed from a puller.

I dont know much about video game programming or programing in genral so maybe it is possible to discern the two.

Well, the problem is there's 2 different types of "pulling." A soft pull, which is something that makes you disconnect instantly via program or by other means. Then there's a hard pull, which means disconnecting yourself from the internet.

With a hard pull, you can discern a difference because that is when the character appears to still be in the game but no longer takes damage. A soft pull would be harder to discern between a normal disconnect because both of them produce a visible "You have been disconnected" screen.

Elguason - I'm going to open this discussion to logging and recalling discussions as well.

Let's hear some ideas people.

Enemy town ill log if it happens. I shouldnt have 2 look for another server 2 find a fair fight... Oh and if you wanna say "well this is MMORPG" nowhere in there does it say that PvP is solely group, or solely 1v1. Just cuz its mass multiplayer in no way means that it is ok 2 bum rush people.

You shouldn't raid then, Infact, you should be playing hello kitty island.

On most games, 5 v1 you are expected to die.

The only issue is in HB you drop an item when you die, and get flamed (e.g. can understand enemy talk).

If you don't like mass numbers, don't put yourself in the enemy hive.

It's like reaching into an ant hill then asking for 1v1.

I never said I expect to have a 1v1 raiding the opposite town. But if in a 1v1 they happen to call 6 guys, little overkill, I basically have no chance to survive other than recall. Quite frankly I dont see it any differently than if I could recall, recall is easier 2 stop, and then u can still camp the individual.