Sign in to follow this  
Sweetexxx

Cast Delay Vs Fps

Hi,

Is low FPS causing cast delay or does it have to do with bad ping?!

Im playing with FPS around 70 (could be worse) and having huge cast delays.

Is there a way to decrease the time between clicking and the effect?

Thanks in advance.

P.S. I'm not technical at all so please try and keep it simple -.-

Is low FPS causing cast delay or does it have to do with bad ping?!

Is about your ping, you have a bad ping.

Is there a way to decrease the time between clicking and the effect?

Move to USA or a close country :lol:

Change to another Internet Company, it might decrease your Delay... around 20~30 ms

However you dont know if with another Internet provider you will have a better ping and which provider will be.

Ask to your friends (from turkey) to do a ping 69.93.31.90 and compare which yours.

I play with 200ms, after a time you get used to it.

I know it sux to not be able to chug pots fast enought (you will die with most of your pots on your bag :lol:), change sets fast, get stuned easily, aim far from your target, be like lagged with an Ice, get bumped easily, or dont beat the enemy casts... but it still possible to play well, you just give an advantage.

Thanks for your reply!

Outta your info I understand that lower ms is better right?!

I pinged to the adress you provided and get an average of 246 ms.

So that's bad?

Edit:

I don't have friends in turkey?! :\

Yes, lower MS is better.

250ms is "bad" but still playable.

Ask to your friends from your nation to ping nemesis, or ping it yourself at their computers.

if u ahve 70 fps and it gets lower you DO cast slow since the video animation lags your screen

Yeah para with 250+ MS is a great skill. I know personally I have to sometimes aim up to 4 sqaures ahead, usually its about 3 (it shows in my lack of hitting paras :lol: )

Its not all about casting though, you also have to learn to adapt to bumps, knowing where to run in group situations, how to dodge people who refuse to run in a straight line :glare:

Although elgusason is right in saying you need to focus on your internet connection to solve the MS problem, short of moving to the USA theres no a whole lot you can do to improve it to a level where you are quite fast.

At the moment you are at a distinct disadvantage because you have both high ms and low fps, you can do something about the FPS, so unless your planning on moving country I would look at that.

Lots of Vista users have an extremely hard time running this game and suffer very bad FPS whenever an angel is on screen. Some people have managed to fix it, not sure how though they havent shared their tales of success on the forum.

Lots of Vista users have an extremely hard time running this game and suffer very bad FPS whenever an angel is on screen. Some people have managed to fix it, not sure how though they havent shared their tales of success on the forum.

ah k, thats cool

i thought you were going to start saying "VISTA IS A BIG VIRUS" and things along that line. All good :P