Sign in to follow this  
Hunter[GM]

Bounty For Reporting Unattended Macro?

What do you guys think of a bounty system for unattended macro'ing?

We allow macro use here but you must remain with your player at all times and respond to the GM staff

when directed to do so. Some players take advantage, and still use macros AFK.

What do you think of a ZEM bounty?

If you see someone using macro AFK, notify a GM in game, if it checks out and we verify that the person

is indeed AFK, you get a ZEM.

The only way to get the zem, is to notify a GM in game....not PM's on forum, not tickets.

What do you all think? is there a negative to this I am not seeing?

discuss

Edited to add...the person reporting the offense would remain confidential if they so choose

Yes there is a negative way. You can create a new account, create a new character and just have it AFK macro. Then you report yourself on another character and you get a free easy zem.

Same can be done with a friend so IP checking is useless too.

i think most players would report macro users to a gm with out the

zem reward, but i like where your going w/ it hunter.

But jaapy has a good point aswell.

WHOA! I am strictly against this. It is rather like the East German Stasi, Hitler's Gestapo, Stalin's NKVD. All relying on setting neighbour against neighbour in the hope of reward or currying favour.

Jaapy too has a valid point but to me setting up a reward system for being a sneak just doesn't sit right.

I did think about the making a character just to get a zem bit, or using someone to get them...

I guess kids would do this. and we do have players willing to let us know what is going for free so...

dead idea

I?d easily become a full time bounty hunter if i could change every 3 or 4 zems, for a merien stone ;)

I havent really thought on that about lamming, but i guess it could be possible. and hard to tell then who was laming and who wasnt.

I could have sworn Hunter had closed this...

If anyone re-opened it for a reason, just let me know, cause I'm re-closing it.