jmar4c

Platemage

Uh i wanna make a platemage or battelmage thing. On the old nemesis i had

195 int

200 mag

104 str

50 dex

rest vit

it worked well. the low vit was annoying if i lagged, or i was caught when i was not amped. or when 4+ warriors would dump crits on me. i wanted to know if there was a better platemage to make?

it doesnt even really have to be a platemage, i was thinkin about 62 str or 40 str, and using a high hp fencing weapon to beat the shit outta mages, and then just blizz warriors.

ive seen people with stats like 195 int, 130 mag. do u do good blizz damage with 130 mag? post your ideas plz :D

here goes:

- fencing blows, only get 62 str if u have stated penis helm, u could get rep7 anc esterk and u would hit nothing

- now that pa isnt stackable, if u get that stats or u get high dr set or u will be a free ek

- u should get lower magic, 130 too low, but u could get like 160 or 170, and if u train a lot and get dk15 wand u could lower it mayb (dk15 very high dmg)

thats my opinion

besides u should get that stats if u really know to play a mage with that stats, a plate mage with 130 str definetly not good for some1 who wont knows to use =X

what about lowering a little bit your mag like to 190-180 or 170 mag and give it to vit, so you could last a little longer

:) just an idea, other thing is you could put 91 str for full swing claymore, not as good as gs but with a nice critical claymore you could hit well a mage back. ^_^

I'd personally say go for 170 or even lower mag, maybe put those extra points into Str (130, DK15 Sword) or more Vit. I've never personally done a battlemage before, but it sounds nice, eh?

But you know what we really need? Lower-levels spells that are more useful than they are now. Someone should go over to my topic in the Suggestions Forum if they have any good ideas for improving them...*hint hint*

ok thanks for the suggestions.

exec: i actually agree. fencing does blow. there is just something that seems so cool about holding a tower shield and hitting people at the same time. i have an ancient rapier and an esterk and i dont hit shit with them. and when i do the damage is laughable.

-dk15 wand, does the magic itself do more damage? or when i hit people with the wand it does damage?

-i agree completely that you should get stats you know you can play. 50 dex and 130 str, you think i could do good damage with a dk 15 sword? does dk 15 sword have good hitting prob.

chips: good idea about the claymore, but since im so close at that point to 91, i think i would want to get the extra defence from the dk plate. and then spend the extra 4 stat points for more dmg from gs. i honestly forgot the claymore was even part of the game :P lol

jing: with 170 would the reduction in blizz damage be serious? also i posted in your suggestion forum with my opinion. im also tryin to think about some other ideas to make yours more realistic :rolleyes:

the bane of a battlemages existence is his low vit. Im not planning on getting hit too much, but from my previous battlemage i know one blizz almost took him out. however, 1v1 against a war the dk plate helped alot. 1v1 against a mage i could always keep the pressure on them by attacking with gs or a spell. in bigger fights i would get targeted cuz of my low vit, so i would try and support.

here is where im at now thanks to your inputs:

130 str for dk sword and i get dk plate.

169 for meteor strike(i could kind of do dmg to piss a warrior off), the 130 str with dk sword could also help me

50 dex *maybe 100? to increase hitting prob, and decrease me getting hit

150 mag *would i do good meteor damage?

98 vit

with the above build, i could rape mages easy, but i have a feeling against a war who knows what he is doing i wouldnt be able to do much damage.

104 str ill use some sorta statted gs and i still get plate

195 blizz

150 mag

50 dex

98 vit

with this build i can rape mages again, and still *censored* with warriors. however i dont know how much dmg blizz does with 150 mag. and i wouldnt be able to cast blizz like a nutcase because of low mana.

also 50 dex against a mage with 50 dex and dk armour. i doubt i would hit often. with my other battlemage i didnt hit often, but i hit enough to keep em moving so i guess that counts ^_^

any other input would be appreciated. thanks again for your ideas!

i play a pate mage with these stats

104 str.

195 int.

50 dex

180 mag

75 vit

its a fun char. to play, but you need good Fps or war. kinda kick your but.

i play a pate mage with these stats

104 str.

195 int.

50 dex

180 mag

75 vit

its a fun char. to play, but you need good Fps or war. kinda kick your but.

i like those stats. When you fight mages, especially vit ones that gs comes in handy right? I'm kind of worried 50 dex might not cut it anymore, since some dk armour seems like pure titanium. thanks for stats