Sign in to follow this  
as87

Event Lag

One of my friends and I have participated in the recent EXP events, however it's been pretty crappy as we seem to lag a lot and DC a couple of times too. This only happens if we're near the event/ if we're in scorps or middleland or anywhere else, it doesn't lag at all.

Both on cable internet, live close to texas and have amazing computers, so this simply shouldn't happen...

Lag a littttle bit during crusades aswell but it's not too bad. Why is this happening?

One of my friends and I have participated in the recent EXP events, however it's been pretty crappy as we seem to lag a lot and DC a couple of times too. This only happens if we're near the event/ if we're in scorps or middleland or anywhere else, it doesn't lag at all.

Both on cable internet, live close to texas and have amazing computers, so this simply shouldn't happen...

Lag a littttle bit during crusades aswell but it's not too bad. Why is this happening?

Always. But just for some players.

I find I lag if certain players are on the screen at the same time as me. Who these players are I do not know I just note I can suddenly lag.

I find I lag if certain players are on the screen at the same time as me. Who these players are I do not know I just note I can suddenly lag.

might be becouse they abuse TAB bug, if ppl starts tabbing around me it lags me ( also happened to some friends, they also get lag)

It may be your internet connection, try what jaapy suggested to another player having lag issues.

Well we can try and diagnose this, but we need some more information.

You need to run a traceroute to our gameserver. You can do this as follows:

1. Press Start;

2. Click Run;

3. Type in "cmd" (without quotes) and press [ENTER];

4. A black window appears. Type in "tracert 69.93.31.90" (without quotes) and press [ENTER];

5. The route to the gameserver is being diagnosed it will take a minute;

6. When finished, you can look at the LAST line it printed to see the amount of ms (milliseconds) you need. This is the amount of lag you have ingame. If it's 0-100 it's very good, 100-250 is what most user will probably have, 250-500 is still OK, 500-1000 is laggy and 1000+ is unplayable;

7. You need to copy the entire output to the forum. Do it like this:

7A. Right click the black window and select the option Mark or something like that (don't know the name);

7B. Make the selection with your left mouse button (click and drag). Select the entire trace route text it will become white.

7C. Press [ENTER]. The white marking will go away and the text is now in your CLIPBOARD;

7D. Go back to the forum here, make a new post and to paste the text in the message press CTRL+V (or right-click -> Paste);

The below is an example of mine. The last few (12 -> 16) are from theplanet, this is where our gameserver is hosted. If the milliseconds start going up in one of these places it OUR fault :-P

Example:

12   154 ms   153 ms   154 ms  te9-1.dsr01.dllstx3.theplanet.com [70.87.253.6]
13   152 ms   150 ms   151 ms  te1-4.dsr01.dllstx2.theplanet.com [70.87.253.114]
14   150 ms   150 ms   150 ms  vl1.asr01.dllstx2.theplanet.com [12.96.160.26]
15   155 ms   153 ms   154 ms  gi0-2.car15.dllstx2.theplanet.com [69.41.250.74]
16   155 ms   153 ms   148 ms  5a.1f.5d45.static.theplanet.com [69.93.31.90]

I got latency of about ~150ms.

Then just wait for someone who knows what they're talking about to come help you. :lol: