Sign in to follow this  
VagMite

Guild Capes

Well jaapy have fixed great bugs and added great defence to server. He told us that its something related to needing more than 16 bits, and changing to 32 is very hard. Dunno how to explain it as i am not pro coder.

Adding Draws is possible, problem is ppl getting updates for paks. If no paks ppl will instantly crash when cape on screen.

We always know we cant 100% trust in the HB autoupdate System for this, dragonia showed us already.

This means we need a better autoupdate system (with pak protect) but that sounds harder too.

keep up the good work. alot of ideas are very nice but just it's hard to make it happen. we all will definitely support 101%

I really like this idea, I think even using current colors would be great if they had some kind of simple design on them. Could have guild battles or maybe even a raffle to who gets first pick of colors and designs if premade. One thing though for those of us who have statted capes would it be possible to have those made into guild capes?

well i was thinking

the guild master choose's the design and colour

and any new member's who join there cape would change and symbol would be put on it

but i think its 2 hard 2 code :S

Well jaapy have fixed great bugs and added great defence to server. He told us that its something related to needing more than 16 bits, and changing to 32 is very hard. Dunno how to explain it as i am not pro coder.

Adding Draws is possible, problem is ppl getting updates for paks. If no paks ppl will instantly crash when cape on screen.

We always know we cant 100% trust in the HB autoupdate System for this, dragonia showed us already.

This means we need a better autoupdate system (with pak protect) but that sounds harder too.

yeah, now it seems to be kinda clear, but still, it's not impossible, it's just hard :P

and bout the auto updater, I have little knowledge how to setup a client-server connection, so I could try to make a basic client (auto updater) and server and make em connect and send pak files, although I nearly know anything about the protection or security of this kind of connection, and basides that it needs to check and confirm the content of the paks/content files/sounds/anything else, it's possible but will be hard indeed.

yeah, now it seems to be kinda clear, but still, it's not impossible, it's just hard :P

and bout the auto updater, I have little knowledge how to setup a client-server connection, so I could try to make a basic client (auto updater) and server and make em connect and send pak files, although I nearly know anything about the protection or security of this kind of connection, and basides that it needs to check and confirm the content of the paks/content files/sounds/anything else, it's possible but will be hard indeed.

perhaps maybe, On the cape, the automatic design could be

the first letter/sign of guild,

or maybe just the name of guild?

i say the color of cape should be of one available shop

examples:

red

indigo

green

blue

what do you think?

i think the guild masters designing capes is to hard so a Letter or name of guild should be fine

OR

nemesis can have a guild event

and the winning guild receives this as a prize since its to hard to get 50 designs running

what do u guys think?

Instantly drawing the design onto the cape...

no, thats impossible the way helbreath is currently guild up.

there is no single item that uses instant gfx rendering, all are pre-rendered into .pak files.

guild event... yeah... I like events :D

there isn't any color "unique" anymore in the game, besides gold which is reserved for PvP.

Getting 50 designs running is possible, it just requires some time to get them added to the pak files...

50 designs, means an expension of 50 diff capes, for male and female makes 100 capes, so 100 pak files added...

there is no single item that uses instant gfx rendering, all are pre-rendered into .pak files.

there isn't any color "unique" anymore in the game, besides gold which is reserved for PvP.

Getting 50 designs running is possible, it just requires some time to get them added to the pak files...

50 designs, means an expension of 50 diff capes, for male and female makes 100 capes, so 100 pak files added...

That would be only 50, since capes arent bounded to sexuality.

That would be only 50, since capes arent bounded to sexuality.

a cape isn't male or female indeed, in your bag you don't see diff if it's male or female, but the gfx in the game while running, walking, fighting etc, THEY have male AND female forms, every item does, because a male character is bigger then a female, so it has diff size of the items, you don't see it in your bag, but in the game there is male and female... so that DO makes 100 :)