Sign in to follow this  
JunkieXL

Helbreath On Osx

Its a long time for me that i'v played Helbreath. At this moment i am using a macbook pro. I did some research on how to open "windows games" on OSX. "Wineskin winery" was the solution. It opens the .exe files on a macbook pro and of course using OSX. Now everything is installed and opens fine. But there's 1 problem.

When i open Helbreath and try to log in, it says "Client failed to shake hands with the server! Download the latest version and try again"

Does any1 know's why?

And please dont tell me anything about bootcamp or paralelsdesktop and other ways to instal windows :D. I have a macbook pro retina with 128GB flash memory so I don't have enough space for installing windows :D

I tried to instal HB Olympia aswell just to see if that will work, and yes it worked. But im not interested in playing that server. I have some good memories on this server so..

Edited by JunkieXL

Are you using a proxy, or have a global-proxy from your ISP, or does your router have load-balancing between 2/3/more ISPs or IPs?

In case of proxy, try using the mirror (changed in the Options before clicking start game)

In case of load-balancing, turn it off or force it to stick with one IP for nemesis.

I think i do not use any proxy atleast for what i know.i changed the mirror thing as you said but it was still the same.. how can i force to turn load-balancing off? i tried to search on my router's page for it but i could not find anything with load-balancing :( to be honest i think the problem is in the program wineskin winery. Because i used to play helbreath nemesis before, without any problems on a windows pc "with the same router"

can you look at the video i made and tell me if i do something wrong??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvVrlgD9-RM

thanks for helping by the way. I really cant wait to play again.

I also made a screenshot of my router's page, maybe i should disable something from the list??

2dwgmec.png

Edited by JunkieXL

What you do in the vid looks just fine.

Can you tell me which ISP and country you're connecting from?

Also tell me if you're using something like SOCKS5 or similiar services?

You could check for ip load-balancing by going to http://www.whatismyip.com/ and reloading the site a couple of times, if the address changes you're load balancing.

ever heard of Oracle VM VirtualBox Manager ? its a programe that allows you to run a difrent type of OS system on your PC no matter what os you using atm.. you can load windows , and other OS's on it .. and it also good to download to it and not cause harm to your pc if it carches a virus.. cause it acts like a sepret computer on your computer.. i use it to run lynix on my windows pc.. it may work for ya.. if ya want it here is the link... www.virtualbox.org

Do i have to install windows for it?? Because the problem is, i have a 128GB Flash drive. so there is actually no space for installing windows on it :( the good thing of wineskin winery is that i can open .exe files without installing windows. so it saves a lot of space for me.

Edited by JunkieXL

Im connected from The Netherlands, My ISP is Ziggo. I have never heard of socks5 so i think i dont use it.

I tried to check for my IP on the website u told me. It did not changed for 5 times. After 5 times the site told me to register so i think im not load balancing.

i can change these settings for opening Helbreath with wineskin. maybe i have to change something in here??

2lnxo3o.png

Edited by JunkieXL

ahh.. you will need a windows disk or a ISO file from somewhere... but they have ways around that.. you can download the ISO files from microsoft... and also microsoft has something just like virtualbox.. ima look it up see if that can help ya..

I think wineskin does something with the client or your internet connection so it connects differently...

The IP you're making posts with in the forum atleast don't show up in the handshake tables, which means you're probably connecting from a different IP when you run in wineskin or your provider proxies certain ports (most often port 80 is proxies behind global proxy, for a fact in singapore is is very very common. however in the netherlands it shouldn't be.)

If you could run chrome.exe through wineskin and go to www.showmyip.com or www.whatismyip.com or www.myip.es or any other ip lookup site and tell me which address you see.

Also compare this when running safari browser in OSx and browing these sites, do they all show the same ip?