Sign in to follow this  
ArgoN

Hp Bar On Large Npc's

Lately I've been considering the idea that a single player who would like to go hunt alone would probably want to see how many remaining HP has the NPC he is intending to kill.

This would certainly represent a revolution concerning hunts, not only for single players but also for couples warrior-mage or even for guild hunts.

Personally, after some time-out, having received Nemesis invitation to reconnect to HB, I finally gave myself a chance and I started playing. As I can check by command /who, there's never more than 25 players online so my thought was: "can I ever expect go hunt with a guild or even with a mate?" Obviously the answer to this question made me go hunt Frosts. When I killed some of them I saw a dancing Tigerworm above Frosts pit and I wondered: "can I kill it with my direction bow?" You will think I was mad to think that but I started shooting to the TW. Soon I realised how difficult it would be to wipe out that 10000-12000 HP monster and how easy would be for it to recover HP, considering that direction bow (berseked and with some jewellery added) deals 20 to 45 damage.

But then I consulted the wonderful Helbreath Nemesis monsters manual and I made a list of common monsters, ordered by HP, descending:

Tigerworm (10-12k) <- unsuccessful

Hellclaw (5-6k) <- untested

Barlog (2.5-3k) <- untested

Gargoyle (2-2.4k) <- unsuccessful

Demon (1.7-2.04k) <- unsuccessful after 1 hour combat

Nizie (1.4-1.68k) <- untested

Ettin (0.9-1.08k) <- successful

Dark Elf (701-840) <- successful

Frost & Liche (651-780) <- successful

Mountain-Giant (501-600) <- successful

I always considered their chance of a secondary drop or rare drop.

After some research at Tower of Hell 2, I tried to kill unsuccessfully a Gargoyle with my direction bow. Then, I went to Dungeon Level 4 looking for a solitary demon (btw, have you ever tried that?) and, when I finally managed to isolate one, I spent a whole hour shooting berseked at it (hits of 30 up to 45-48) and of course with at least 20 mana potions in my bag (I needed PFM and Berserk unceasingly).

It wasn't until my dancing demon run away after 1 hour of archery practice than the idea I am now suggesting to you came up to my mind. What if the demon was moribund and decided to escape from my annoying bow? What if hardly I got its HP decreased a ridiculous amount? I will never know.

That makes me question if in my case it's worth playing HB if the only fun source comes from killing a rare drop monster from which you will never know its remaining HP.

For all this I am pretty sure implementing HP bars on at least large NPC's would turn HB more challenging for solitary warriors or guild hunts. One possible way might be to show the HP bar for some seconds only to those who have at least hit the monster once.

Please, take my humble suggestion into consideration, I'll be very grateful if you do so.

Argo[N]

180 Dark Knight Warrior

There's already a spell named Scan for checking monsters HP ArgoN, some mobs can be downed easily hunting solo, others are just impossible to kill that way, you are going to need ALWAYS a hunt-party or some guild members (if you're in a guild) to succesfully kill a TW or an HC, for Gargoyles you are going to need 1 or 2 more warriors, maybe 1 warrior and 1 mage for GreatHeal while both of you attack him, Barlogs are easy to kill with a very small group (2-3) of mages becouse they dont have Magic Absorption, Demons can be killed solo if you have a full DarkKnight Set and a little HP set (no need high HP % if you have more than 115 VIT points), timing your HP regen (which is every 15 seconds) can be useful ^_^ to follow your incoming HP regen you can type /showservertime in-game.

My personal advice for you would be training 1st your DK Templar sword until +8 or +10, asking for a free DM1 or DM2 Necklace, an Ogre Ring perhaps, then and only then with just some basic gear you can able to succesfully kill larger mobs, try going for 50 mag so you dont always need to carry MP pots to PFM or Berserk urself, do an unique build char just for hunting if you want, also try asking permission to get into a guild, there are some respected ones out there, in Elvine you can find HighHB Guild or DarkKnightMag Guild who are the most active, in Aresden i can give you a hand.

Whisper to Alkapone in-game, don't be afraid if you're Elvine, i dont mind helping anyone :lol:

Regards.

There's already a spell named Scan for checking monsters HP ArgoN

My hope vanished when I saw at Magic Tower that Scan needs 112 int points. I am berserk warrior, what a pity :(

some mobs can be downed easily hunting solo, others are just impossible to kill that way, you are going to need ALWAYS a hunt-party or some guild members (if you're in a guild) to succesfully kill a TW or an HC

According to the low average of online players, I said to myself: let's test to which mob it is possible to down solo, by this way I will know to what extend I can aspire to get excitement from Nemesis. Probably I am wrong but that's my way...

for Gargoyles you are going to need 1 or 2 more warriors, maybe 1 warrior and 1 mage for GreatHeal while both of you attack him, Barlogs are easy to kill with a very small group (2-3) of mages becouse they dont have Magic Absorption

I supposed that would be the way...

Demons can be killed solo if you have a full DarkKnight Set and a little HP set (no need high HP % if you have more than 115 VIT points), timing your HP regen (which is every 15 seconds) can be useful :glare: to follow your incoming HP regen you can type /showservertime in-game

Full Dark Knight Set, you mean a weapon upgraded with majestic points, don't you? In this regard, I already have a Dark Knight Templar Sword +10, and in the future I am working for +12 and +15...

My personal advice for you would be training 1st your DK Templar sword until +8 or +10, asking for a free DM1 or DM2 Necklace, an Ogre Ring perhaps, then and only then with just some basic gear you can able to succesfully kill larger mobs

Already done.

(no need high HP % if you have more than 115 VIT points)
try going for 50 mag so you dont always need to carry MP pots to PFM or Berserk urself

Is this compatible with having 115 vit points in a berserk pure warrior (200 str, 200 dex)? It doesn't add up. My magic skill is at 80%.

do an unique build char just for hunting if you want, also try asking permission to get into a guild, there are some respected ones out there, in Elvine you can find HighHB Guild or DarkKnightMag Guild who are the most active, in Aresden i can give you a hand.

Whisper to Alkapone in-game, don't be afraid if you're Elvine, i dont mind helping anyone :lol:

That's very kind of you. What a pity again that I am Elvine :ph34r:. But maybe we could make an special arrangement... :unsure: Anyway I am kind of out of Helbreath now. Work is work and self-employment is so demanding...

I really appreciate your comments.

Regards.

Edited by ArgoN

There's already a spell named Scan for checking monsters HP ArgoN

My hope vanished when I saw at Magic Tower that Scan needs 112 int points. I am berserk warrior, what a pity :(

Yes, Scan spell is mostly for Mages or Battlemages.

some mobs can be downed easily hunting solo, others are just impossible to kill that way, you are going to need ALWAYS a hunt-party or some guild members (if you're in a guild) to succesfully kill a TW or an HC

According to the low average of online players, I said to myself: let's test to which mob it is possible to down solo, by this way I will know to what extend I can aspire to get excitement from Nemesis. Probably I am wrong but that's my way...

Sadly theres few ppl online, most active ppl are between -1 hour this timestamp and +10-+9 after this timestamp.

Demons can be killed solo if you have a full DarkKnight Set and a little HP set (no need high HP % if you have more than 115 VIT points), timing your HP regen (which is every 15 seconds) can be useful ^_^ to follow your incoming HP regen you can type /showservertime in-game

Full Dark Knight Set, you mean a weapon upgraded with majestic points, don't you? In this regard, I already have a Dark Knight Templar Sword +10, and in the future I am working for +12 and +15...

Nope, i was referring to the Dark Knight ARMOUR Set :P coz it has alot of PhysicalAbsorption and DEF points.

(no need high HP % if you have more than 115 VIT points)
try going for 50 mag so you dont always need to carry MP pots to PFM or Berserk urself

Is this compatible with having 115 vit points in a berserk pure warrior (200 str, 200 dex)? It doesn't add up. My magic skill is at 80%.

BBH wars are not compatible with 50 mag becouse of the low vit ...maybe going for 59 int and 23 mag (23 mag its for an exact 100% casting probability chance of Berserk spell using DK wand instead of a mob-droped increased CP MagicWand MS10-20) for 100% magic skill you always gonna need 50 MAG points, as every 1 MAG point, 2% of MagicSkill is increased)

do an unique build char just for hunting if you want, also try asking permission to get into a guild, there are some respected ones out there, in Elvine you can find HighHB Guild or DarkKnightMag Guild who are the most active, in Aresden i can give you a hand.

That's very kind of you. What a pity again that I am Elvine :ph34r:. But maybe we could make an special arrangement... :unsure: Anyway I am kind of out of Helbreath now. Work is work and self-employment is so demanding...

I really appreciate your comments.

Regards.

You're welcome! don't believe that your idea hasnt been taken for a future process, every thought that players suggest are taken for advice, alas, i dont think its going to be applied becouse we can't make things easier than they are already, we just need more players, imagine Nemesis with 400 online players, hunt-parties of 2 mages and 6 warriors, then the Scan spell works perfectly and every mob can be downed in just 1-2 minutes and some of them in 45 seconds.

I'm really grateful for seeing ppl who's still interested in helping regarding the low active players atm

Thats what we need MOST, help, suggestions, logging and playing awhile not caring the low numbers, not caring also if you're itemless coz items come hunting, no hunt no items, its simple, but some ppl here doesn't understand that.

Thanks ArgoN ! ! ;) :D and sorry for the poor english, its not my native lang.

Alka is king of helping people.

Demons can be hunted by a bbh war with dk set with 105 vit, i do it myself. Just as alka said timing is imppoortant