Sign in to follow this  
Solers

Pl Raiding Advice (mage)

As a mage, i'm finding it extremely difficult to get killing opportunities in PL, my stats are 40 str 32 vit 195 int 200 mag.

I can't withstand crits from 2 bbh wars at the same time, given they are usually vit whores and i'm pretty fail at aiming blizz against targets at odd angles. Perhaps I need to just reroll and go the 40 str 50 dex mage route, but I'd like some advice. I'm sure part of it is the way im playing, but we were all noobs at some time eh?

I never had a pl char, but i guess its a big mistake you to have 32 vit. Its toooo low, u lamost have no recovery, and low life..

I have no idea of mages builds for pl, but i know that your vit its TOO low.

Your stats are fine for PL - its just in PL if you want a kill you run (fast FPS helps) - blizz behind you, chug 2 pots every time you do (to absorb the bbh crits) and hope that you eliminate them before they eliminate you.

I carry 13 HP pots on my mage with 200 int 200 mag 29 vit 30 str 10 dex, and rest mana pots.

Para is generally a waste of time, you just want to find people that aren't too hardcore and blizz them down. If they have sets, you'll need mates to down them unless you get lucky.

i think you had to put only 30 str instead of 40. With 40 str you can use tower shield yes, but without the 50 dex and shield 100% no shield will do any effect on you when wars crits you, maybe a little with the criticals. Like you said, you have 200 mag, i tell you to use more hp pots and less mp pots, cuz your mana will be the one recovering a lot itself but your hp wont do a lot ever. Use 15-20 reds and trust you mana recovers :)

up 10 eks today, mostly following eldons advice. i've found the trick is to just never stop blizzing pfm or not. usually they run out of hp before I run out of mp