Sign in to follow this  
Vampyr

Heldenian

Ok ive been meaning to post this thread for some time but I get halfway through writing it and dont bother. Following todays Heldenian I think it is something that needs to be discussed.

I will focus on Type 1 - Neutral aka Segie for now.

This seige usually lasts about 15 minutes at most, lets face it its over before you know it. If it was longer I believe it would be a lot more enjoyable. One of my ideas to make this a longer is to add defensible positions, currently there are two large bridges. A simple way to draw it out is to either remove the two bridges and replace them with a single bridge that can be defended OR make both bridges smaller, about the same size as the Middleland Bridges - they would still allow people to make it across the other side but there would be more of a battle to be the first team across.

In HBMOG they made buildings on the actual bridge that blocked it off so people couldnt sneak across at the start, you had to actually work to get across to the enemy side. While I dont like having things like arrows on the bridges, perhaps something similar could be done.

Currently all that happens is people race across at the start, they camp above the base and from there its a battle of numbers and time. This takes the battle out of it. I think there needs to be something that seperates each side untill it really starts. You should need to actually work to get across those bridges.

They are very simple suggestions, im sure there are some more out there.

I've suggested this to the staff already Vamp - good idea though, just to update you, as far as I remember, this change (buildings blocking bridges) was approved and should be coming up in the next major update.

Cheers,

Eldon.

in other servers they just changed hp of the buildings and it worked fine

i think we could do that ;)

in other servers they just changed hp of the buildings and it worked fine

i think we could do that ;)

But you still get the same problem with players just running across the bridge before the battle starts and camping above the base. If there was a gate on either side of the bridges (much like the gate in Type 1 and 2 Heldenians) it would stop people racing across and it would mean you would actually have to fight your way to the enemy base. Making it last longer and making your win seem more deserved.

I feel the same should be done for the Defense type seige. Its a joke. Everyone knows attack is 99.9% sure win and usually its sure win within 15 minutes. It should be EASIER to defend your castle than it is to attack it.

Bur right now Im happy with just making type 1 harder. It needs to be harder to win because it dictates who defends and who attacks and who wins 2 out 3 wars in the cycle.

I've suggested this to the staff already Vamp - good idea though, just to update you, as far as I remember, this change (buildings blocking bridges) was approved and should be coming up in the next major update.

Cheers,

Eldon.

great, i agree w/ vamp.

the bridges need to be harder to cross, im in favor of just 1 bridge and having say 2) gates on each side

like the castle siege.

The adjustment sofar is an easy one, bridges will be blocked at start by buildings.

I would also approve higher hp for SIEGE BUILDINGS to draw it out. (not sade buildigns though).

The adjustment sofar is an easy one, bridges will be blocked at start by buildings.

I would also approve higher hp for SIEGE BUILDINGS to draw it out. (not sade buildigns though).

+3 :P