Sign in to follow this  
Belv

Angels Affecting Fps

not sure this is in the correct section.

but does anybody know of any way to basically nullify the FP effect angels do. by this i mean i regularly run around 180+ FPS. the moment an angel is on my screen my max FPS is 60. its very annoying, and works to a monstrous disadvantage. thanks.

If your on Vista, im sorry but its pretty much GG for you.

Otherwise:

First DISABLE Vertical Synching which is explained here: http://helbreathnemesis.com/forum/index.ph...=18211&st=0

This will help you DRAMATICALLY.

Post #1 and post #10 is of great help to you.

If you find your FPS is still below around 200 then try this:

Right click on the desktop.

Properties

Settings

Click on Advanced

Then click Troubleshoot

Theres a little slider bar in that window called Hardware Acceleration

The second from last "notch" on the bar is the best, that will provide you with the best FPS, however it will disable some options. Test it out for yourself, your looking for around 200 FPS, anything past that it doesnt really effect game play.

and if a GM reads this, Ive said it once ill say it again, for the love of god STICKY that thread. It is a great help and its buried amongst 30 pages of crap where noone can find it.

and if a GM reads this, Ive said it once ill say it again, for the love of god STICKY that thread. It is a great help and its buried amongst 30 pages of crap where noone can find it.

Good point. Done.

Funny thing. I recently took delivery of my new PC which I had insisted be installed with XP. My FPS actually rockets up when someone with an Angel is on my screen. As a matter of interest I have my hardware acceleration turned right down to a fraction above zero.

Funny thing. I recently took delivery of my new PC which I had insisted be installed with XP. My FPS actually rockets up when someone with an Angel is on my screen. As a matter of interest I have my hardware acceleration turned right down to a fraction above zero.

Yeah see your fine with angels, I usually hover around 250 fps with full hardware accelerations, if i turn it down I rocket up another 500 fps, but 500 fps does nothing its more for show off factor, so I just leave it full accelerations.

xp is the way to go.

but i have tweaked my laptop that has vista and manage about. 145-210 fps.

but my desktop w/ xp i get around 320.

yea i fell real slow now, i usually get like 60 fps on a good day when lag hits ill be about 20 fps :P must be nice with 100+ - 200 fps i still manage to play works for me.

That's why I always wear angel I get more FPS with them