Sign in to follow this  
Fairow

Improving Fps - Windows Xp (inbuilt Graphics Card)

Hi

I am using a new laptop (within the last two years) - so its got enough memory and RAM to be sufficient.

However i dont think the inbuilt graphics card was helping helbreath and my FPS.

So with a few tweaks, i BOOSTED FPS from 60 (running/near angels) to 150 CONSTANT (near angels and high detail)

If you are using a similar setup, i thought i wold write down some simple instructions on what i did.

1 - Right click desktop, then "Properties"

2 - Click the "settings" tab up the top

3 - Click "Advanced"

4 - Click the "Troubleshoot" tab

5 - With the "Hardware Acceleration" control, mine was all the way to the right (MAX). Changing this bar all the way to the left (MIN) i had trouble playing helbreath, as it was to jolty with the graphics display.

SOOO - I tweaked it up 2 notches from the left - AND HEY PRESTO it worked!

IPB Image

Please note : This is a guide only, Any problems experienced i recommend changing back to the way it was before you changed it. A reboot may be necessary for changes to take effect.

THIS SHOULD BE DONE WITH ALL PROGRAMS SUCH AS HELBREATH CLOSED!

Hope this helps some people get better gameplay, so long as your computer isnt a complete rubbish box it should.

Goodluck, and let me know if any of you try and the outcome!

Hey thanks for the tip, atm my fps went up to 220.

No worries at all, what was it beforehand?

Glad to see it helped someone.

Goodluck to the rest

even better my max fps before was 160 but now when i went to hunt demons it rose to 300. So this kicks *censored* but only thing is that it freezes on some moments which is bad

IPB Image

:P anyway it helps on PC too boosted form 250 to 300+ in battle and like u can see in wh :P (400-999fps :P)

Cool, glad to see it helped.

If it seems to freeze a bit Tarmo, Turn it up one notch and see how that helps. Fps should still be better than it was before but should also make it for a bit smoother gameplay

Even with that setting I still hover around either 70 fps or 100 fps, occasionally getting around 150ish. Highest I've ever had was 180?

That sucks, i suppose if ya computer doesnt have enough RAM and a good processing chip that may be the best you get until you upgrade a little bit.

Good luck

Well I have 250-350 always but when I turned graphic acceleration off i had 600+ fps that was way too high to me. Coz my monitor was skipping so many frames. ~300 does just fine to me.

ima do this and wow really kind of you to help people out =) nice to know all players arent greedy, let me check it out..

wow i did it and it worked :D from 40 fps to like 80 wich is just perfect with me Thank you so much!!

Good to see its still helping people!

Even if it is an elvine that i dislike :P

No worries at all

lmao, i just got the" even if its an elvine i dont like" jeje =D, i went over this topic because i have a vista now, and i want to check if vista has the guts to change it :mellow: