Sign in to follow this  
oceaneagle

Unfair

I start this thread with this observation and would like to hear other players views.

Mages using 'Safe' are penalised severely with a huge drain on Mana.

Warriors can use 'Safe' and they are not penalised in any way shape or form.

Do you think this is an unfair aspect of the game?

10 years after Hb was made u decide to complain?

Complain? Please re-read my original posting. I merely open the topic as one for discussion and asked for other people's views. You haven't given your view you have answered a question with a question.

I start this thread with this observation and would like to hear other players views.

Mages using 'Safe' are penalised severely with a huge drain on Mana.

Warriors can use 'Safe' and they are not penalised in any way shape or form.

Do you think this is an unfair aspect of the game?

ye!

-50% DMG PLS \o/

think this:

how many times u see a war hitting without safe some1 else? i think only wars that cant aim very well

how many times u see a mage hitting without safe some1 else? i think every 5 secs in a fight were a mage is involved

so... its perfect, actually id say we should penalize not using safe ;p

think this:

how many times u see a war hitting without safe some1 else? i think only wars that cant aim very well

how many times u see a mage hitting without safe some1 else? i think every 5 secs in a fight were a mage is involved

so... its perfect, actually id say we should penalize not using safe ;p

I get hit by warriors all the time, most warriors dont use safe despite the penalty because of the magic penalty when zerking/pfming themselves. I always get hit in sades/sieges by my own warriors.

However, that being said, I think mages should have some penalty on safe mode, otherwise a mage would use safe mode all the time - it adds a degree of skill to the game to have it with an extra mana cost.

I am guilty of not using safe on my war cause I do not want to spend mana for zerk and pfm (my bad) it does'nt increase fast anough for a war and have been guilty of hitting my own town :( (my bad)

though I have been trying to remember turn off safe to zerk and put back on when I hit but with my fumbling fingers in a tight situation I end up taking a SS instead of hitting home or I drink a pot ^_^

I think we all have to agree that "Helbreath" isn't balanced that good anymore.

Thats why we all should try to help the "Nemesis" staff to return the balance and to fix any bugs ingame.

So people should stop crying about everything without any suggestions to increase the balance between either "Elvine"and "Aresden", "Crusadess", "Heldiniens", "Items", "Characters" and/or "Spells". Now to return on topic and share the secrets behind "Safe Mode".

While using "Safe Mode" (home button):

1. All spells will costs more mana to cast.
  2. Weapons will suffer double endurance reduction when hitting a player/enemy.
  3. Shooting with bows will cost double the arrows while attacking.
Safe mode does all these things to a character without looking at stats items are playing style.

To be fair "Mages" are affected more than "Warriors" by these penalties, but "Mages" do alot more damage with a better range then "Warriors".

My suggestion is to get rid of this "Safe Mode" drama is to disable friendly fire.

This will prevent "Aresden/Elvine" players to help opposing cities, this should atleast be activated in enemy towns and during "Crusades", "Heldiniens" and maybe even in "Apocalypse" maps.

These are my suggestions to remove "Safe Mode" from "Helbreath Nemesis":

1. You are not able to damage friendly players, but you will still be able to cast helpfull spells on these players. Home will be a new hotkey to eat a "Revitilizing Potions" or a "Meat/Baguette". (Just an example)
  2. Friendly fire disabeled, unless you use "Safe Mode". (Name of "Safe Mode" should be changed) This will allow players to still kill players, when they are stealing drops, laming, scamming or helping enemy players. But using safe will still increase mana cost, double endurance reduction and deplete arrows twice as fast.
Thanks for reading.

Hehe thank "you" xD

But isn't suggestion #2 just like the current situation already?

Hehe thank "you" xD

Yes Jaapy I do beleave you are correct LOL it is

maybe make it if we hit the home button we can kill home town people :D that would make more sence allso make it easier on poor Hunter when he does his events to not allways have to tell the noob players to put on safe and have to explain it to them lol OMG im laughing so hard right now thinking of all the times poor hunter has thrown fits trying to get that through noobs heads about safe EVEN ME LOL

Hehe thank "you" xD

1.  Friendly fire disabeled, unless you use "Safe Mode". (Name of "Safe Mode" should be changed) This will allow players to still kill players, when they are stealing drops, laming, scamming or helping enemy players. But using safe will still increase mana cost, double endurance reduction and deplete arrows twice as fast.

What I ment was that you can only hurt friendly players while IN "Safe Mode" and not in normal mode.

Hehe thank "you" xD

1.  Friendly fire disabeled, unless you use "Safe Mode". (Name of "Safe Mode" should be changed) This will allow players to still kill players, when they are stealing drops, laming, scamming or helping enemy players. But using safe will still increase mana cost, double endurance reduction and deplete arrows twice as fast.

What I ment was that you can only hurt friendly players while IN "Safe Mode" and not in normal mode.

I don't like it, I like having to aim around my townmates in combat, makes it frantic and realistic.

Sorry, I don't want more carebear solutions - I really like it how it is, and I play ONLY mages.

maybe make it if we hit the home button we can kill home town people :D that would make more sence

So... if im pvping someone... and i get para + spike... i would have to press the home button and try to get the para off with fire strike / ball ?

And that means that i wont have to use /createparty anymore for training...

maybe make it if we hit the home button we can kill home town people :D that would make more sence

So... if im pvping someone... and i get para + spike... i would have to press the home button and try to get the para off with fire strike / ball ?

And that means that i wont have to use /createparty anymore for training...

yep that sounds right