Sign in to follow this  
Eldon

To The Lovely Individual That Took My Mp28 Berk (m)

P.S. King, there's a mighty big difference between letting someone on your char to GM sades but nothing else (I give them a clear rule set when they get access) or letting someone on because the don't have a mage for a single wyv hunt (which is what I did to benefit Memento out of the kindness of my heart one time), and telling them they have free reign to all your items etc.

The only thing that protects ur characters is your password. U know that, just like everyone else. If u give it away on purpose (even if it is out of pity from your own heart) u are by definition giving someone complete acces to your char.

Setting "acces leveles" just doesn't work. Its all about who's got the password or not. And since it wasn't hacked (it wasn't stolen from you or from the database, but was given to him by u), he is not really a stealer.

lol youre just playing word games king

if you let someone use your char there is the general common sense assumption that they can use it but have to give it back at the end of the day

So King, if you let your friend use your car then he's allowed to keep it?

okay that makes alot of sense.

P.S. King, there's a mighty big difference between letting someone on your char to GM sades but nothing else (I give them a clear rule set when they get access) or letting someone on because the don't have a mage for a single wyv hunt (which is what I did to benefit Memento out of the kindness of my heart one time), and telling them they have free reign to all your items etc.

The only thing that protects ur characters is your password. U know that, just like everyone else. If u give it away on purpose (even if it is out of pity from your own heart) u are by definition giving someone complete acces to your char.

Setting "acces leveles" just doesn't work. Its all about who's got the password or not. And since it wasn't hacked (it wasn't stolen from you or from the database, but was given to him by u), he is not really a stealer.

if you let someone use your char there is the general common sense assumption that they can use it but have to give it back at the end of the day

eze u cant use that as an anology. a car is a different life situation. this is the person online which u have not seen nor know. so there's nothing u could do. unless u could call the E-POLICE! jajaja! online scamming and cyber bullying!

You're wrong here King let it go, It's like saying if you let your mate use your xelima rapier it's his item to keep. He can steal it sure, and you won't get it back, but he still stole it.

Regardless, all this crap is off topic. GM's you can lock the topic if you like please - elgauson and white I know you have the right stance on this so thanks for your comments.

As far for player comments, some of you seem on to it, others of you should sell your keyboards.

lols everytime someone shared acct, loses item. they always come to forum crying. in the end it is YOU who shared. so suck it up for getting cyber conned. accounts are made to be played by 1 person and 1 person only. don't expect help from gm to ban someone u personally allowed on. if this was any other game you would get banned for account sharing anyway. plus would u write out a check for 1 million dollars to someone and then after they take the money out of your bank account, report to the police that yo uwere robbed? no because the police would laugh at how stupid you are

eze u cant use that as an anology. a car is a different life situation. this is the person online which u have not seen nor know. so there's nothing u could do. unless u could call the E-POLICE! jajaja! online scamming and cyber bullying!

no it's a perfect anaalogy. they both have to do with letting someone use something that belongs to you. in this case you can't do anything about it if they steal it that's the only difference. But with the way king worded his response, he's saying that because you let someone use something that belongs to you (a character) that if that person takes that something from you then he's not a stealer cuz you let him use it. and that's not true.

borrowing or letting someone use something of yours is not the same as giving it to them

i'm positive Eldon didn't let someone use his char with the idea that they were gonna be able to take and keep anything they wanted off his char (even tho they can do that with access)

anyway, i don't think anything can be done about it because it's a game. he let people use his char and they decided to steal from him so it's his own fault

no it's a perfect anaalogy. they both have to do with letting someone use something that belongs to you. in this case you can't do anything about it if they steal it that's the only difference. But with the way king worded his response, he's saying that because you let someone use something that belongs to you (a character) that if that person takes that something from you then he's not a stealer cuz you let him use it. and that's not true.

borrowing or letting someone use something of yours is not the same as giving it to them

i'm positive Eldon didn't let someone use his char with the idea that they were gonna be able to take and keep anything they wanted off his char (even tho they can do that with access)

anyway, i don't think anything can be done about it because it's a game. he let people use his char and they decided to steal from him so it's his own fault

well i could steal the car and leave to somewhere he cant find me. makes no difference. only thing u could do is report to police and if u cant find me u claim insurance. thats about it.

the thing here is u trust your friend to take your car. mainthing is "trust" and he turned on you.

@Deverse i think that is a good anology :)

well i could steal the car and leave to somewhere he cant find me. makes no difference. only thing u could do is report to police and if u cant find me u claim insurance. thats about it.

the thing here is u trust your friend to take your car. mainthing is "trust" and he turned on you.

@Deverse i think that is a good anology :)

lol u dont get it.. im not saying someone cant steal a car from you

im saying if you let someone use your car you expect to get it back.. you dont let them use it with the intention of letting them take it from you for keeps

he's saying that if you give someone access to something of yours then they are entitled to take what they want because you gave them access

thats not true morally or legally, whichever may apply

it doesnt mean they CANT. it means they are Expected not to either by the law or by common sense

ffs if ur partner tolld u he lost this berk that way he lies -.- u died to aresden and dropped that berk

Aealy.

Err, white confirmed it was drop transferred behind command hall. Wtf are you talking about? lol

ezekiel there's no moral or ethics in games. even if they are people will still break it because LAWS ARE MEANT TO BE BROKEN! jajaja i shall say GM's close this topic. IT'S A FLAME TOPIC!

Well I have shared my account with many of my friends, but onli if I trust them. And every1 who has used my account has also proven that they r loyal.

ezekiel there's no moral or ethics in games. even if they are people will still break it because LAWS ARE MEANT TO BE BROKEN! jajaja i shall say GM's close this topic. IT'S A FLAME TOPIC!

ill poop on you