Sign in to follow this  
Fidim

Helbreath Future

I've just read on other post that Siementech stopped developing Helbreath... I haven't found anything about it, but I'm not surprised.

There are many programmers scattered around the internet that have touched the source code and everyone has a version of it's own. I've seen the source code myself and it has a lot of dead code and the comments are in korean, lol. It would be cool to fork this project, making it open source. Even though it's a licensed work and no one but siementech has the rights to do it...

I'm not talking about HB Nemesis source which has hours in top of it, but HB Engine should be put apart so eveyone can see it, detect the bugs efficiently, propose patches, and modularize (i dont know if that word even exist) the functionality of the system itself.

Just a thought....

This is already possible. There are many sources readily available. That's not the problem.

An open source project requires a few things that the Helbreath community does not have. For starters, you need at least one dedicated person to coordinate the entire project. While this has been attempted before, obviously no one really experienced in this ever attempted this (yea there was Zero, but he wasn't an experienced software project manager). The other thing is dedicated, experienced software developers: we have very few of them in the Helbreath community. The experience also wildly varies, not to mention the different vision of the future of Helbreath... lol

So open source is not likely to work for the Helbreath community. The sources have been out for a long time already and one 1 person has ever succesfully attempted to make such a community and that's HBx probably.

You just need Helbreath Nemesis! Just look at the facts. We have a very knowledgable staff with many experience related to Helbreath developing. The future of Helbreath is here!!!

If i wanted to play, yes. But i want to be part of the evolution of the game.

its alot harder then you think and yes jappy is very right in his words, i saw so much of this myself in the outpost forum so many tried and it always ended up with fighting, and someone saying you nicked this part of code and that part then it all back to fighting again. and this one leaves then that one, it would have been great to see it happen and i think in some ways it could have if they just sorted from the start how everything and everyone fitted into place.

Sexy

If i wanted to play, yes. But i want to be part of the evolution of the game.

Well then there is only one thing you CAN do! Join a Helbreath server and help developing Helbreath... or create your own! Create a website for people to join and manage the open source project yourself.

Why not? But yea, you'll be competing with Helbreath Nemesis ;-) Good luck on that :-) heheh

This is already possible. There are many sources readily available. That's not the problem.

An open source project requires a few things that the Helbreath community does not have. For starters, you need at least one dedicated person to coordinate the entire project. While this has been attempted before, obviously no one really experienced in this ever attempted this (yea there was Zero, but he wasn't an experienced software project manager). The other thing is dedicated, experienced software developers: we have very few of them in the Helbreath community. The experience also wildly varies, not to mention the different vision of the future of Helbreath... lol

So open source is not likely to work for the Helbreath community. The sources have been out for a long time already and one 1 person has ever succesfully attempted to make such a community and that's HBx probably.

You just need Helbreath Nemesis! Just look at the facts. We have a very knowledgable staff with many experience related to Helbreath developing. The future of Helbreath is here!!!

Wise and true words .. Well said..

I really wantet just to try to be a administrator on my own server, to get mass rares lol... (i need my MAS RARE CRACK).. Just to evenstigate every single maps and everything..

The problem is: I suck at coding, and as i have heard from some sorces, then i already gave up that dream..

Someday it might come, who knows :-)

Anways...

I believe in what Jaapy says, Helbreath Nemesis is the future for HB players..