Sign in to follow this  
Wilson

Regarding The Stolen Items

I was one of the many victims, stolen from the person(s) that are banned for playing. I don't feel like its my fault that I lost my items when 1) I didn't give him my password (hell I don't even know the guy) and 2) I did nothing to deserve the items being taken away from me.

I mean... the example would be like if you were to tell the police that you were robbed, and the police catch the robbers... but don't give you your stuff back (after the case). Or if they say, "oh sorry I didn't catch who that was". It irritates me that people do these things, but as the Admin... they are the anti-hackers... they are here to monitor and report/ban the people doing harmful things to the server. Without them, yes server would be dead.

It is not the fact that any normal player can say "Oh I am missing my anc hp91 item" because the logs are there, to prove what has been stolen, and what hasn't. So its just a matter of getting the items off of the character that stole it, back onto the people who he stole from. We shouldn't be punished for something we didn't even do, or were a part of :angry:

At first I thought I had lost some alch parts and gold, so I said yeah, not a big deal and I wouldn't be too mad... although it makes me mad cuz it takes so long to get. But then I noticed my other things gone... and that's unfair :o

I was one of the many victims, stolen from the person(s) that are banned for playing. I don't feel like its my fault that I lost my items when 1) I didn't give him my password (hell I don't even know the guy) and 2) I did nothing to deserve the items being taken away from me.

I mean... the example would be like if you were to tell the police that you were robbed, and the police catch the robbers... but don't give you your stuff back (after the case). Or if they say, "oh sorry I didn't catch who that was". It irritates me that people do these things, but as the Admin... they are the anti-hackers... they are here to monitor and report/ban the people doing harmful things to the server. Without them, yes server would be dead.

It is not the fact that any normal player can say "Oh I am missing my anc hp91 item" because the logs are there, to prove what has been stolen, and what hasn't. So its just a matter of getting the items off of the character that stole it, back onto the people who he stole from. We shouldn't be punished for something we didn't even do, or were a part of :angry:

At first I thought I had lost some alch parts and gold, so I said yeah, not a big deal and I wouldn't be too mad... although it makes me mad cuz it takes so long to get. But then I noticed my other things gone... and that's unfair :o

u not punished. u lost it because no care and probably keilog, i dont have way to know how he gets your password but i know is not servers fault, so why should i get into a database console and work half an hour reading logs and moving items? I always say it. EVERYONE IS RESPONSIBLE OF OWN ACCOUNT.

And i am getting tired of ppl trying to teach me how to admin MY server. Doors are opened for ppl to came play or also to leave if dont like.

Just try to be carefull next time.

I suggest you guys (that got hacked) to full scan your computer with many virusscan programs. Im not sure how the keylogger gets into your computer. Maybe you've downloaded something from illegal hb sites and keylogger came with the dloaded thing. i dunno. the fact is that if its a key logger. i think it stays on the computer if you dont remove it

Wilson tried to explain it nicely. Hes angry obviously (i know him from other server) hes a good guy and always trying to help others.

Doubt he got a keylogger or w/e... Maybe used same acc and pw from other server?

yeah i use the same acct/pass from other servers so i guess this is the warning to tell others... fake servers may give you fake clients or whatever too... or if a previous server closed, they may have your info. bah, i'm not really mad, i just miss my ms10 and 2 emeralds LOL well just the ms10, i couldn't care much for the emerald or zem/merien stone... i also miss AliG's hp49 targe but oh well :)

Peace.

The politics for this is Clear.

Everyone is responsible for his accounts.

The Method? Item is lost from owner anyway.

The thief is usually banned, and in some cases like "i lend and he didnt return" i use to just ignore the case OR just delete the item OR ban the Thief.

EACH case is very different, and punish is accordlyng the case.

i Use to ignore what ppl say or show msn logs or show also screenshots. I know that is EASY to get false. My only guide is the logs. A Log is a Fact, theres no personal benefit in Logs, they dont lie.

I am the one that needs to apply the Justice, but the Judge are the logs. We are just like a Plug-in of them.

uhh farjat, to prevent this from happening again... i try to change my password but it won't allow me to. now will you step in please cuz they can just come back to my account with same password... :blink:

uhh farjat, to prevent this from happening again... i try to change my password but it won't allow me to. now will you step in please cuz they can just come back to my account with same password... :blink:

You can change your password from home page, under this page: Password change