Sign in to follow this  
tristan

Several Suggestions

Hello there,

I've been playing here almost since the server started, and I'm very pleased that the server is in constant development and improvement, with great feedback to the players.

Because of that, I've been thinking about a couple of things to suggest.

1. Skinning progress.

At this time, when you fail to skin a body you don't gain +1 to skill up progress. You gain only with success, which is very very low rate at the beggining of a new kind of monster to skin.

Considering the high rates of Banana server, it's a pain in the %$"& to rise this skill because it is extremly slow and is very obvious why no one has it even 80% yet (the guy with the highest skill is like 68% by now).

I suggest to make it like Salvaging: when you fail to salvage the materials/gems when salvaging an item, you still gain skill progress, but you don't get the items (of course). Then, when you fail to skin a body, you gain skill progress but you don't get the body part.

2. Manufactured items color on DK+15.

It's a very minor and cosmetic issue, but for some of us would be nice if manufactured DK+15, Paladin and Bishop sets, have different color. Now, normal (non +15) DK parts have different color (the greenish color that manu'd items ussualy have), but upgraded doesn't.

3. Assist EK system.

This is a very huge suggestion, because it makes some additions to EK system, but I hope you at least consider it. Since I started to play HB, I found very frustrating some times that you invest lot of time raiding and because only the person that last shot an enemy gets the EK, then you left with empty hands.

I suggest to make an Assist EK system, with the following rules (that are opened to comments for improvement):

- Have an extra slot on the character screen showing your assist count.

- Only when you are in a party with the person who get the EK, and you damaged at least once or casted at least 1 succesful agressive spell with no damage(paralyze, staminar drain, etc.) on the target within X amount of time (suggested = 60 sec), you get an assist point.

- Make an option to exchange assist points for EKs at the City Hall, making it 3 Assist = 1 EK (this rate opened to suggestions).

I think this will promote more people to go PvPing and Raiding, and participate on events such as Crusade or Heldenian.

Thank you very much for your time.

Regards.

Edited by tristan

1. Skinning works like that the same way as it does for the majority of skills. Salvaging & enchanting are the exception to the rule on this since multiple components can succeed or fail all together. Perhaps an adjustment there is needed to not gain a skill progression point when all fails, but only gain one if at least 1 succeeded.
It is a known fact that the newer skills (taming, skinning, salv, enchant) tend to be more difficult at the "start" of a monster/item and progressively become easier as you gain skill %. Similar, but perhaps not so harsh, curves of difficulty are used throughout fishing, mining and manufacturing. We simply extended that with new formula calculations for the new skills.

2. You're right on that, this should be fixed and the color of manued items should carry over upon upgrading with a look-change for the armor pieces. If you have a manued piece +15, please make a ticket and we can adjust the color on hand.

3. Assist system for EKs is something I have been thinking about or considering for quite a while. It only seems fair that assisting in EKs is somehow rewarded. The difficulty on such assisting system is properly measuring how much assist points you'd earn as well as a proper assist to EK ratio.

There are a huge number of factors to be taken into account and you name some of them and have a good starting point on how to measure them.

Although time is not always a proper measurement tool as a player could be hit on second 1, run away, escape the fight and perhaps recall and then end up in town in a second fight on second 45 which he might not be able to escape and dies on second 59... in that way you'd still get an assist point for something you didn't actually assist that much on... you helped perhaps 0.01% of the kill with your hit (which the player by that time likely recovered from with an auto-regen).

The craziest situations can occur and need to be anticipated to make a proper balance in the ratio. Perhaps a bigger assist to EK ratio could help in this when a player would get 1 assist point in such a crazy situation as I just described... In that case the 1 assist point would be justified if you'd need 100 (or maybe more?) assist points to get 1 EK.

In a similar way this can be extended much further into the game where drops are "owned" by the person who pick the item who's likely also the last killer... this brings difficulties such as drop-jumpers or people who find rares and a FG must be organized to determine who is actually the owner of the item.

If a proper calculations for how much you assisted in a certain kill is established, such calculation could be used in a way to establish an ek-assist system, but also to establish a drop distribution system to determine how much effort you've put into killing a certain mob which can be reflected to much how of the drop you'd "own".

I've already put some thought into such system and it could be as simple as if you meet a certain threshold (e.g. deal atleast 1% damage) you're entitled to part of a drop where certain items would be split into item-shards and you'd get part of the shards. For example 2 ppl kill zombie, it drops dusa, you'd both hit 1% or more of the dmg, you both entitled for drop, so 2 ppl for drop, 1 item = 120 shards so that be 60 shards each. Once you collect 120 shards, you'd be able to trade it in for the real item.

1. Skinning works like that the same way as it does for the majority of skills. Salvaging & enchanting are the exception to the rule on this since multiple components can succeed or fail all together. Perhaps an adjustment there is needed to not gain a skill progression point when all fails, but only gain one if at least 1 succeeded.

It is a known fact that the newer skills (taming, skinning, salv, enchant) tend to be more difficult at the "start" of a monster/item and progressively become easier as you gain skill %. Similar, but perhaps not so harsh, curves of difficulty are used throughout fishing, mining and manufacturing. We simply extended that with new formula calculations for the new skills.

Gotcha, maybe it wasn't intended that enchanting and salvaging give skill progress when failing.

BTW, I know about the difficulty of any skill at the start, what I said was ment to be kind of a comparison between skills: it's even more a pain in the %&$# to rise skinning now than any other skill (talking about experience, I have manu 100% and progressing in many other skills).

2. You're right on that, this should be fixed and the color of manued items should carry over upon upgrading with a look-change for the armor pieces. If you have a manued piece +15, please make a ticket and we can adjust the color on hand.

Thank you. Will do.

3. Assist system for EKs is something I have been thinking about or considering for quite a while. It only seems fair that assisting in EKs is somehow rewarded. The difficulty on such assisting system is properly measuring how much assist points you'd earn as well as a proper assist to EK ratio.

There are a huge number of factors to be taken into account and you name some of them and have a good starting point on how to measure them.

Although time is not always a proper measurement tool as a player could be hit on second 1, run away, escape the fight and perhaps recall and then end up in town in a second fight on second 45 which he might not be able to escape and dies on second 59... in that way you'd still get an assist point for something you didn't actually assist that much on... you helped perhaps 0.01% of the kill with your hit (which the player by that time likely recovered from with an auto-regen).

The craziest situations can occur and need to be anticipated to make a proper balance in the ratio. Perhaps a bigger assist to EK ratio could help in this when a player would get 1 assist point in such a crazy situation as I just described... In that case the 1 assist point would be justified if you'd need 100 (or maybe more?) assist points to get 1 EK.

I get that, and I know how complex it can be. That's why I suggested it, so people can comment their thoughts about it, so you can make a very good and fair system. The initial idea is that the timer is only one factor, that have to meet with other factors too to be awarded with the assist.

I can add some more restrictions to get the assist that I can think of:

- Be in the same map as during the 60 sec. timer: if you change map, assist just doesn't count.

- Increase the interaction required on the kill: at least 2 agressive spells cast succesfully (not miss) on the target, and/or a minimum damage over the average damage done by all players who hit the target (ex. 10% of avg. dmg done to the target).

- Be alive to get the asisst (so you don't get assist on corpse wating for restart status)

I hope more people comment on this.

In a similar way this can be extended much further into the game where drops are "owned" by the person who pick the item who's likely also the last killer... this brings difficulties such as drop-jumpers or people who find rares and a FG must be organized to determine who is actually the owner of the item.

If a proper calculations for how much you assisted in a certain kill is established, such calculation could be used in a way to establish an ek-assist system, but also to establish a drop distribution system to determine how much effort you've put into killing a certain mob which can be reflected to much how of the drop you'd "own".

I've already put some thought into such system and it could be as simple as if you meet a certain threshold (e.g. deal atleast 1% damage) you're entitled to part of a drop where certain items would be split into item-shards and you'd get part of the shards. For example 2 ppl kill zombie, it drops dusa, you'd both hit 1% or more of the dmg, you both entitled for drop, so 2 ppl for drop, 1 item = 120 shards so that be 60 shards each. Once you collect 120 shards, you'd be able to trade it in for the real item.

I don't agree with this very much. I tought about it before, and I think one of the cool things about Helbreath is that almost everything and everywhere is dangerous; you are not completely safe anywhere (actually as a parenthesis, you should be able to die even afk in WH! I don't agree much with the idea that starving to death doesn't kill you here). So, the world is dangerous, and be able to steal something is part of that danger. I think that if you implement a loot system, this will turn into WoW or such games, not cool for Helbreath.

Again, thank you for your responses and time.