Sign in to follow this  
tristan

Sharp, Ancient And Righteous Weapons

Hello,

I have the following question about Sharp and Ancient weapons.

I did a little research, and sites with Helbreath info say mainly two different things about those weapons stats.

1st option

Sharp and Ancient weapons give +1 and +2, respectively, to the min and max damage. Same for righteous weapons, but with a +5 limit based on the char reputation.

Example:

Giant Sword:

2D11+3 (5~25)

Sharp Giant Sword:

2D11+4 (6~26)

Ancient Giant Sword:

2D11+5 (7~27)

Rightoeus Giant Sword (with +5 dmg added based on char's reputation):

2D11+8 (10~30)

2nd option

Sharp and Ancient weapons give +1 and +2, respectively, to the max dice damage. Same for righteous weapons, but with a +5 limit based on the char reputation.

Example:

Giant Sword:

2D11+3 (5~25)

Sharp Giant Sword:

2D12+3 (5~27)

Ancient Giant Sword:

2D13+3 (5~29)

Rightoeus Giant Sword (with +5 dmg added based on char's reputation):

2D16+3 (5~35)

So, here in Banana server, what is the true option about those stats?

Thank you for your time.

Regards.

For Sharp and Ancient the damage is added to the dice roll, so your 2nd option.

For righteous is comes down differently, the max bonus damage gained is +10 damage (not +5). This damage is added in a later stage of the calculation and not directly to the dice/throw/roll (which benefit from the weapon user's STR stat to increase the damage even further).
A +1 damage is gained for each -10 (10 negative !) rep of your ENEMY (not yourself !). -- this has been in since v1.42 of Helbreath original versioning (in other words, VERY LONG !).

But I think not much of players have negative reps, which also means that righteous weapons are barely useful. Will there be at least a slight tweak to righteous weapon's additional damage according to reps?

But I think not much of players have negative reps, which also means that righteous weapons are barely useful. Will there be at least a slight tweak to righteous weapon's additional damage according to reps?

I doubt that... It's only because people behave like this and don't use /rep- very often and collect more rep+ and are deadly afraid to PK, kill guards or unicorns that righteous has "barely any use". I've seen in the past that a collaboration of the community can make life of a rep-dependant weapon user very hard in terms of keeping the rep up. It's only a matter of "will" to make righteous items useful ;)

Does the righteous added damage works on townmates, too?

Yes, it acts regardless of nations. If the enemy has negative rep, you deal more damage.

I heard in-game that ancient weapons are modified on nemesis/banana, so they add +4 dmg instead of +2. Is that true?

No, no such thing is true. If such a change would take place, it would be announced in an official update. But no such thing was made, and we're not planning to make a change to ancient either.

I heard in-game that ancient weapons are modified on nemesis/banana, so they add +4 dmg instead of +2. Is that true?

No, no such thing is true. If such a change would take place, it would be announced in an official update. But no such thing was made, and we're not planning to make a change to ancient either.

Ok! Thank you for your response.