Sign in to follow this  
Lukehofarma

What Happend With Server?

well i wanted to rejoin and play because of the free 180 and for being curious about new stuff, but i get dissapointed because i thought this 180 thing will be applied also to "older" players, I have a lvl155 from the beggining of the nemesis 3, with few eks, all magics and skills.

So if there any possibility to apply this 180 offer to older under 180 characters will be awesome.

PD: Yes, im lazy and dont want to lvl to 180 or train skills and buy all magics again....

greetings!

As there is only a minority of 180- chars we just hand out scrolls to them by hand. I'll gladly make one for you to level up.

really? awesome!, how i can contact you or you put it in my wh??

my character is Amraz and the acc:amraz

thx!

Usually you can find me in-game easily, ask in global for a GM. On most days I'm around for about ~10h a day

*Edit: I've altered the quest line slightly so it now also gives out scrolls to old characters below lvl 180.

Short history:

- Server was launched with horrible configuration, involving "awesome features" like Invulnerability buff. (Even in late nem2 this feature was already hated so it shouldn't have been a surprise now...).

- People joined

- Players opinions were ignored, enough of this and we all get enough, people left.

- Asians lagged like hell and left.

- Horrible town balance in early months of the server. Later was "fixed" with even worse balance. Even more people left.

- Total lack of ingame/active GMs People keeps leaving.

- No events. Even the ones staying are getting bored, which results in problem mentioned on next line.

- Few people left keep killing new players 15x a day, they get pissed and quit. No new players coming in.

- GMs still keep thinking there is nothing wrong with the server/management and blames the players.

I see your point of view on the short history... let me place a short reaction to that:

- We changed configs and now have safe zones

- We listened to your opinions and made you safe zones, global chats, larger parties, more quests, etc...

- We have improved ping so asians (and everyone else) should lagg less

- Town balance is not an issue anymore, both towns just live in different time zones now only causing "inbalance" in off-peak times.

- We have increased GM activity now for the summer (While building automated systems to replace GMs)

- We have random events now outside of standard crusades, heldenians, apocalypse and the fixed weekly summon event (Invasions, Hide 'n Seek, ...)

We made nemesis just as you liked, change every single bit why people left... with the community promising people would return... Can't really say management is wrong here, we did exactly what you asked...

lol, everything we ever told you to do took 2-3 years to actually get done. You told us for years "staff will decide what is best not players." Now you have no players to act like god to and you want to blame them lol!

lol, everything we ever told you to do took 2-3 years to actually get done. You told us for years "staff will decide what is best not players." Now you have no players to act like god to and you want to blame them lol!

In nemesis 1 players had no say... it ran great for its life time.

In nemesis 2 players had no say... it ran great for its life time and after 5 years+ of being online a reset was due...

Then everything changed (when the fire nationattacked) when we started to listen to players....

In nemesis 3 players HAVE a say... and it's running "not so good"... (no need to hide truth)

So yeah, once we gave the players a say, and made them what they wanted with their promise that "people will return" ... but look for yourself, it's not going all that great as we all know.

In nemesis 1 admins were the gods, and everything was great. Although people might of disliked the admins or not agree with them... nemesis 1 was still a great success!

In nemesis 2 admins were STILL the gods and all was great... but after 5 years+ a reset was needed, which is exactly why player count dropped lower in the end of nemesis 2, simply because catching up to the top players was too hard to even impossible.

In nemesis 3 players are the gods who demand and ask changes... the admins simply make them... and look where it's leading us...

So yeah, I blame players ... for not coming true to their promises... but also blame myself for not playing god and ignore players.

But I do am thankful to a handful of players who still believe in nemesis and its future. Especially those who're working along my side and spending numerous hours in the beta server to ensure the next big feature is ready, balanced and well designed when it launches in the live servers.

In nemesis 1 players had no say... it ran great for its life time.

In nemesis 2 players had no say... it ran great for its life time and after 5 years+ of being online a reset was due...

Then everything changed (when the fire nationattacked) when we started to listen to players....

In nemesis 3 players HAVE a say... and it's running "not so good"... (no need to hide truth)

So yeah, once we gave the players a say, and made them what they wanted with their promise that "people will return" ... but look for yourself, it's not going all that great as we all know.

In nemesis 1 admins were the gods, and everything was great. Although people might of disliked the admins or not agree with them... nemesis 1 was still a great success!

In nemesis 2 admins were STILL the gods and all was great... but after 5 years+ a reset was needed, which is exactly why player count dropped lower in the end of nemesis 2, simply because catching up to the top players was too hard to even impossible.

In nemesis 3 players are the gods who demand and ask changes... the admins simply make them... and look where it's leading us...

So yeah, I blame players ... for not coming true to their promises... but also blame myself for not playing god and ignore players.

But I do am thankful to a handful of players who still believe in nemesis and its future. Especially those who're working along my side and spending numerous hours in the beta server to ensure the next big feature is ready, balanced and well designed when it launches in the live servers.

I was GM years ago and no matter what the staff do, the players will always cry for something... really... no matter what you do. I think its something in the DNA of Helbreath players.

The server has low population no because the settings or unbalance (this have been always a problem in any HB server) or some minor stuff, its because HB is a really old game only played by old and nostalgic players, you will never see a 16-19 years old saying "OMG this game looks awesome, lets try it" and more now that we can run almost any game in a cheap computer.

and that´s why i think the only mistake at the beggining of Nemesis 3 (i played nemesis 2) was lowering the exp rates, because the ppl who play HB now are "old" and don´t like training, but blaming some random stuff for the low population i think its wrong....

I just can congratulate White for keep believing in this game and working for improve it, the players who cry and blame the staff for everything, need to stop doing it, you don´t have the answers.

Bye!

Edited by OuterHeaven

Senju mad because I coach the ESW user and i say. ESW senju. Spam him. Kill him. Dead. JAJAJAJ

ESW is fine. It is rare and should be powerful. You should fear the ESW.

The SB is fearful as well, only thing is. NO ONE IS SCARED OF A PULLER SENJU SO THAT IS WHERE YOU ARE WRONG. GIVE ME SB AND WATCH ME USE THE POWER OF IT.

I was GM years ago and no matter what the staff do, the players will always cry for something... really... no matter what you do. I think its something in the DNA of Helbreath players.

The server has low population no because the settings or unbalance (this have been always a problem in any HB server) or some minor stuff, its because HB is a really old game only played by old and nostalgic players, you will never see a 16-19 years old saying "OMG this game looks awesome, lets try it" and more now that we can run almost any game in a cheap computer.

and that´s why i think the only mistake at the beggining of Nemesis 3 (i played nemesis 2) was lowering the exp rates, because the ppl who play HB now are "old" and don´t like training, but blaming some random stuff for the low population i think its wrong....

I just can congratulate White for keep believing in this game and working for improve it, the players who cry and blame the staff for everything, need to stop doing it, you don´t have the answers.

Bye!

I agree on most of this, hb players are old and tired players... The reason we went slower at start was simply because that how nemesis 1 and 2 started out, it was only in a further stage that we introduced "fast 180" to ensure starting people catch up quickly with ppl who are playing already for a longer period of time.

But as the community didn't like it, we made the change and listened to the players and made fast 180 again... idk where this 200 people went who cried "give us fast 180 or I quit"... cuz we got fast 180 now but I don't see them people playing now... The staff kept their promise and made change... I'm still waiting for the community to come true to theirs...

Senju mad because I coach the ESW user and i say. ESW senju. Spam him. Kill him. Dead. JAJAJAJ

ESW is fine. It is rare and should be powerful. You should fear the ESW.

The SB is fearful as well, only thing is. NO ONE IS SCARED OF A PULLER SENJU SO THAT IS WHERE YOU ARE WRONG. GIVE ME SB AND WATCH ME USE THE POWER OF IT.

You will never have sb you must deal with this xd

Yeah nerf that shit, it is so retarded. You want to talk range? A weapon with even +1 tile is *censored*ing ridiculous if you really think about it, considering it would still be the ONLY weapon if it's nature. but sb is like what... +3 i have no *censored*ing idea. All you have to do is mim your target and there is no escape. Seriously, stormbringer is the gayest thing I've ever dealt with in this game. Give them all ie necks and strip that retarded *censored* derp toy, i don't give a *censored*, I'll meteor strike them to death. Stormbringer was an abortion of an item to begin with I have no idea why it it's still in the game.