Sign in to follow this  
Lukehofarma

What Happend With Server?

If the server is so much better than it was at lauch, whynot relaunch? Vamp is working on a remake of HB world, Cleroth is near wiping and relaunching himself. The whole reason a majority of people quit was the instability and high ping of the server. If all this is resolved, whynot start fresh and give incentives to the people that actually stuck it out on the new release of the server. Everyone flocks to fresh starts, if it actually is a good server the population will stick.

By relaunch you mean wiping? Wiping over and over again won't solve anything, not at this point. There is about ~20 active people playing the server, why punish them by wiping? For GMs: is server able to keep track of time played in total, in last 24h, week, month etc? Maybe this way there could be possibilities to add bonuses to new players, players who has less time to play etc and still maintaining a good balance(Think of it as progressive taxing).

Edited by GeniuS

If the server is so much better than it was at lauch, whynot relaunch? Vamp is working on a remake of HB world, Cleroth is near wiping and relaunching himself. The whole reason a majority of people quit was the instability and high ping of the server. If all this is resolved, whynot start fresh and give incentives to the people that actually stuck it out on the new release of the server. Everyone flocks to fresh starts, if it actually is a good server the population will stick.

By relaunch you mean wiping? Wiping over and over again won't solve anything, not at this point. There is about ~20 active people playing the server, why punish them by wiping? For GMs: is server able to keep track of time played in total, in last 24h, week, month etc? Maybe this way there could be possibilities to add bonuses to new players, players who has less time to play etc and still maintaining a good balance(Think of it as progressive taxing).

We track some time stamps yes, what do you suggest doing with them?

We track some time stamps yes, what do you suggest doing with them?

I see the problem why new players aren't joining, if the server isn't freshly wiped is that they feel "so far from the top". They see people running with heroset, anc bhs and so on.. Catching up with old players seems hard if not impossible.

As new players grow stronger, old ones does too, exactly at the same rate (if they are playing the same amount). What I was thinking about tracking the time played was reducing this gap. I don't have an exact idea how it should be implemented. First hour of playing each day has double exp/drop rate? Less hours played in total, more bonuses? I also see problems with this system; it's easily abused. More though needs to be given to idea :) Would really like to see other players opinions/suggestions on this.

Easy to cheat on your suggestion.

I also see problems with this system; it's easily abused.

I pretty much stated that already. Thus I was asking for others to come up with ideas for ideas how to block abusing it. It's necessary to somehow bind the benefit to the character. Personally I don't like the idea of binding drops. Other ideas?

EDIT: Maybe Unique client ID could work on abuse issue, but it's kind of cat-mouse game between server and cheaters after that.

Edited by GeniuS

I pretty much stated that already. Thus I was asking for others to come up with ideas for ideas how to block abusing it. It's necessary to somehow bind the benefit to the character. Personally I don't like the idea of binding drops. Other ideas?

EDIT: Maybe Unique client ID could work on abuse issue, but it's kind of cat-mouse game between server and cheaters after that.

Yeah cheating is the main concern, it's one of the reasons why we don't give out 50k gold pocket when you make char. That would make it too easy to obtain gold.

It's GREAT for new people to start, they love it... but others will abuse and create chars over and over just for the gold.

Binding items restricts too much, simply because you can't drop, sell or give them to others. Don't like the idea of a lucky player finding some super rare item in his first few hours and it being BOUND to them... which also means they can't drop it if they forget a zem (or are out of zem and can't reach WH cuz of trap)...

Not making them bound makes it easy to cheat, you just create new chars over and over just for the drop benefit until you find your full 91% great and are settled and can use it on your main char.

Composing a unique client ID is close to impossible. Basing it off hardware won't really work because tomorrow the guy will have a different hardware setup and benefit again from the bonuses. Using IP Address or MAC address won't work either, cuz changing network card or connection already changes this. Plus they can be altered easily using special programs.

Can't make it e-mail unique either, cuz you can create many e-mail addresses to cheat and benefit from it.

Limiting the bonus in some way could prevent cheating, for example as long as you're under bonus, your max armor % is 35%, but drop rate is much higher... but that also makes it very harsh since you can't find any higher %'s until your bonus ends...

Yeah cheating is the main concern, it's one of the reasons why we don't give out 50k gold pocket when you make char. That would make it too easy to obtain gold.

It's GREAT for new people to start, they love it... but others will abuse and create chars over and over just for the gold.

Binding items restricts too much, simply because you can't drop, sell or give them to others. Don't like the idea of a lucky player finding some super rare item in his first few hours and it being BOUND to them... which also means they can't drop it if they forget a zem (or are out of zem and can't reach WH cuz of trap)...

Not making them bound makes it easy to cheat, you just create new chars over and over just for the drop benefit until you find your full 91% great and are settled and can use it on your main char.

Composing a unique client ID is close to impossible. Basing it off hardware won't really work because tomorrow the guy will have a different hardware setup and benefit again from the bonuses. Using IP Address or MAC address won't work either, cuz changing network card or connection already changes this. Plus they can be altered easily using special programs.

Can't make it e-mail unique either, cuz you can create many e-mail addresses to cheat and benefit from it.

Limiting the bonus in some way could prevent cheating, for example as long as you're under bonus, your max armor % is 35%, but drop rate is much higher... but that also makes it very harsh since you can't find any higher %'s until your bonus ends...

Yeah, binding is bad idea. I don't see people constantly changing their hardware just for a small benefit in game, but yeah it's not solid idea and can be passed. Limiting the bonus in that way would make it more like penalty than bonus.

Maybe some special beginner quest chain... but again we face the possibilites of abusing it.

Go to the extreme? Drop current server to x1 exp and x1 drops and launch another server wiped with "real configuration". After 6 months or so combine them.

Edited by GeniuS

Yeah, binding is bad idea. I don't see people constantly changing their hardware just for a small benefit in game, but yeah it's not solid idea and can be passed. Limiting the bonus in that way would make it more like penalty than bonus.

Maybe some special beginner quest chain... but again we face the possibilites of abusing it.

Go to the extreme? Drop current server to x1 exp and x1 drops and launch another server wiped with "real configuration". After 6 months or so combine them.

We already giving out bound statted items to new players, along with bound spells so the need for money shouldn't be really high from the start. This has been in place for months now...

We already giving out bound statted items to new players, along with bound spells so the need for money shouldn't be really high from the start. This has been in place for months now...

Yes, I knew that. I meant binding drops.

more gms , more events get a few fights spam mails like farjat loves do it :P start with that a few players gonna enter and will be more fights and more gonna enter and till complete circle .

more gms , more events get a few fights spam mails like farjat loves do it :P start with that a few players gonna enter and will be more fights and more gonna enter and till complete circle .

Period of two weeks with really active GM team combined with email(and other types of) advertising could work too. Like I said earlier, just need to boost player count for a while and players will notice it's a good server. Showing that server is alive should be the goal. At the moment all the good updates are "wasted", because there isn't players to give the server basic action. ( hunting parties, raiding, fights over the content in maps and so on..)

The point is this game is too old alredy. Outdated. Most of my friend are playing new game now.so no matter how u improve the game.people still left. Btw cheers karri. Mindy here =)

The point is this game is too old alredy. Outdated. Most of my friend are playing new game now.so no matter how u improve the game.people still left. Btw cheers karri. Mindy here =)

Yeah, that happens when there isn't servers to play. I switched to Guildwars 2 too after Nemesis went shit. Anyway, Helbreath is never forgotten! :) Cheers, but its Pwn not Karri!

nerf the damn stormbringers or remove it all together. give the current owners a damn ie neck idgaf.

What part of them should be nerfed according to you?

damage? Range? Stun rate? Drop rate? Crit damage? Dash damage? Hitting probability?

The only thing what should be nerfed is esw, this spell shouldn't break armor on pfm its ridiculous. Without this ability that spell will be still powerful, having armor break on no pfm person and draining sp even on pfm. There is someone who have the same opinion?

hp? are you mad? storm bringer have normal hp nothing more. I hit you for 1-10 dmg with your m shield and pa shield its silly and also so much misses, still its too much for you? Stun rate can be reduced but not hp, you dont know for what you asking think a little first and than write the post. Even now i misses and you want hp reduced no comment -_-

i saw a lot players talking so many crap , no need change nothing of weapons just learn to play.

+1, ESW and SB are just fine at the moment.

i saw a lot players talking so many crap , no need change nothing of weapons just learn to play.

+1, ESW and SB are just fine at the moment.

Get Markk , riku , sean and the other dun remember never name and re- make Daltons i will join and teach this ares how make a good fight.

well i wanted to rejoin and play because of the free 180 and for being curious about new stuff, but i get dissapointed because i thought this 180 thing will be applied also to "older" players, I have a lvl155 from the beggining of the nemesis 3, with few eks, all magics and skills.

So if there any possibility to apply this 180 offer to older under 180 characters will be awesome.

PD: Yes, im lazy and dont want to lvl to 180 or train skills and buy all magics again....

greetings!

perhaps can be helped by the nemesis staff also become more players with similar situations, if not gladly receive help early will give you items like necks and rings

Edited by apestosito