Sign in to follow this  
Mentσne

How's The Server Going?

Haven't played in over 3 years, how's everybody doing? What's new? Considering getting back into it, not too sure though.

:)

I'm also curious about my account, I tried signing in but I couldn't. Did my account get deleted? I had a 180 warrior with a DK 15 on there, I would dread to have to redo all of that with my extremely busy schedule nowadays.

Edited by Mentσne

Hi mentone! welcome back ^_^

We had the start of a new Era in August 2013, with the new Era we've also cleared all accounts and characters so everyone starts on an equal foot.

The new Era brings stability in the realm of nemesis after a long period of instability, our servers now can run months on end without a reboot (this wasn't the case at the end of nemesis 2, a lot of crashes and unstable code).

Besides stability, this new Era also brings some change since nemesis 2:

- Slightly increased drop rate

- Decreased gold drop rate

- Balanced out quests

- Party members shown on mini map

- Lockable recall point

- and more...

This Era, called the Golden Era, will also feature new content (yet to come) expanding Dragonia with the 8th Dragon, a new map, 8 new monsters to fight, World Quests, (Automated) Big-*censored* Scavenger hunts, PvP tournaments (including GvG, All vs All, X vs X), a new hunt-only map (to be confirmed), 3 new skills to train and much much more :D

We've also recently decided to have quests in place to boost players directly to level 180.

Sounds exciting WhiteFang, am definitely considering more to join the server again.

However I have a few questions, how does one participate in the 180 level quest and what must you do in the quest?

Also, what is the possibility of another server wipe? Since I've been playing Nemesis, there have been 3 server wipes. I would like to purchase armor/weapons from other players but I find the idea of purchasing weapons/armor online from another player to be pointless and a waste of money if the server is just wiped again. I also find the idea of trying to obtain a DK +15 weapon pointless as well if there is going to be another server wipe. I am working full time and attending school and have family to attend to/a girlfriend as well so my time on Nemesis is very limited and working to obtain such a weapon would take a very long time. I would be very upset to feel like I wasted an abundance of my time for nothing :unsure:

Edited by Mentσne

The 180 quests are popped to you right from the beginning when you start playing.

The objectives (what you need to do) are straight forward and fairly natural to do (such as join town etc), not really hard at all.

Nemesis has indeed seen its third wipe, the first one occurred back in 2007, I joined mid 2008 as a dev GM, so I'm unaware how long nemesis 1 actually ran.

But given that the last reset was in 2013 and nemesis 2 started in 2007... that's a solid 6 years.

We don't plan to reset any time soon.

8 new monsters???? Can you lift the curtain a little and give us a clue? :)

Hints: The Golden Era, Golden Dragon, Dragon's Lair