Sign in to follow this  
locke

Ping And Fps Comparison

I was just curious about other people's ping and fps numbers because, as with most absolute quantitative measures, they are ultimately useless unless you can compare them with others.

So what do you reckon are some ranges for acceptable (as in "I can play with those numbers but they are not ideal") and pretty damn good fps and ping metrics.

Cheers!

if they dont drop beneath 100- fps you should be OK graphically, i play with around 130+ when mages blizz it can drop to around 80 and my ping sucks xD 700+ sometimes but if you have 150-200 you should handle paralizes good :)

Mar del plata! Que grande! Acá otro marplatense pero viviendo afuera por ahora. Me acuerdo cuando el HB era furor en casi todos los cyber de allá (cuando la mayoría todavía no tenía internet en su casa)

Gracias por la respuesta!

off: jajajaja asi es! yo empece en el Marplanauta en esa epoca pero habian varios, La Cueva y los legendarios chinos por contar pocos :P que buena onda man, bienvenido!! :)

ontopic: i didn't compared lol fps stands as frames per second which number increases in case you have a nice working computer graphically talking.

your Nemesis PING is the delay calculated in milliseconds which you get between your ISP (internet server provider) and the nemesis host, number can vary with connection's distances, thus the lower the ping, the better.

Oh yeah, I know what the values actually mean. It's just that I never compared them to other players so wasn't really sure if mine were good or not. I'm currently getting between 200-250 fps and 100-150 ms ping, so based on your comment I guess that's pretty decent.

Please consider this:

Fps better than around 80 is already ok. U cant feel a great difference betweeen 100 and 300. more than 80 is ok already.

Nemesis /showping is tricky. To know your real ping, it will tell u the real one only on the first seconds once u run the command.

Then if u keep it opened, wil say bad information.

More detail:

Do /showping. will see 0 for 8 seconds, and THEN it will show your real ping for a few minutes.