Sign in to follow this  
YUCK

Players Coming And Going

A lot of new players are joining and asking for gold, we respond with " sorry I dont have " or "No gold" So they log out as they cant do anything. Mages cant buy spells..

The gold currency in nemesis is hard. Its good that way but could be adjusted higher to ease players out a bit.

Increasing gold drop rate would devaluate gold globally, which is bad for everyone as people will stop selling zems and stones for gold. Secondly if would like to say that gold isn't that hard to obtain if you go to a pit a pick the junk and sell it to the shop.

Indeed need to give some cash on the beginning for new players. But gold bound you can do this?

Increasing gold drop rate would devaluate gold globally, which is bad for everyone as people will stop selling zems and stones for gold. Secondly if would like to say that gold isn't that hard to obtain if you go to a pit a pick the junk and sell it to the shop.

We know this but its not like you go to a pit and junk drops instantly , its like an hour of hunting for 10k.. And then you need to repair and its like 7k repairs..

Edited by YUCK

IS hard to sell a zem, no one need. lol

remove dk repair lol. i train 3 hour to get 100k and i use all my gold in 3 figth =/ (1 hoour)

the best way to fix this problem without disturbing any economy is to lower the prices of spells and expensive blacksmith items that you only need to buy once.

Reduce price by at least 50%:

- Any spell after circle 7

- Barbarian Battle Hammer

- Direction Bow

- etc.

Probably more than 50%.

Indeed need to give some cash on the beginning for new players. But gold bound you can do this?

You can still buy lottery tickets with bound gold.

Bound gold is not a solution, as technically once you have 1 bound gold, any gold picked up afterwards is also bound. It is only unbound if you have no more gold in your bag, pickup a normal pile of gold, and any gold taken afterwards in unbound.

Even with bound gold, you can still deposit in the bank, pickup 1 normal gold, withdraw your bound gold and it'll automatically become unbound.

And I agree on the lucky tickets, people will make accounts and chars just to purchase them, given that ANY item can drop from those tickets.

Lowering prices for spells and certain shop items has the same effect as increasing gold drops, the rate of gold is low to give gold its value and slow inflation down significantly.

A pit of junk... I've seen so many pits with junk and body parts around, those body parts sell for good money.

Also fishing is a good money maker, and mining as well.

Lowering prices for spells and certain shop items has the same effect as increasing gold drops, the rate of gold is low to give gold its value and slow inflation down significantly.

You're using the phrase "same effect" far too loosely. Increasing gold drops would effect everything:

- spells and everything i previously mentioned

- repairs

- cost of tps

- pots

- lucky tickets

- etc

Lowering the prices of expensive items/spells that you only buy once effects:

- expensive items/spells that you only buy once.

Most of us haven't bought spells, bbhs, directional bows, or knight plate mail in months and we're still broke as shit.

If you make them cheaper it's not going to change the fact that we're broke as shit.

I'm fine with being broke as shit, but the whole point of this thread to so that new players can get onto the battlefield and contribute to the server.

You're using the phrase "same effect" far too loosely. Increasing gold drops would effect everything:

- spells and everything i previously mentioned

- repairs

- cost of tps

- pots

- lucky tickets

- etc

Lowering the prices of expensive items/spells that you only buy once effects:

- expensive items/spells that you only buy once.

Most of us haven't bought spells, bbhs, directional bows, or knight plate mail in months and we're still broke as shit.

If you make them cheaper it's not going to change the fact that we're broke as shit.

I'm fine with being broke as shit, but the whole point of this thread to so that new players can get onto the battlefield and contribute to the server.

I totally agree with this because if a new player can't even have the money to buy a spell and it will take him hours just to get simple spells to even hunt...no1 will bother....and us as remaining players struggle really hard with gold anyways and we are ok with it as long as new players come in to play =]

3 new players joined today and they were telling me if i had gold so they can buy bbh etc, Sadly I only have 375 gold in my bag most of the time...

The only time players give me gold is when there is a fight going on in d2 so they give me 5k just for that because they need back up..

Anyways back to the story. So i had no gold for them and no one else did unfortunately so they all said to me " I go back to hb olympia bye "\

We need a GM who plays the game so they see what we feel.. Its easy to be admin and say," Go farm gold go do this go do that" when they have acess to everything in game..

@fyw and ulez: Let's say in a hypothetical world where prices of repairs and spells are slim to none. The time you spent gathering gold for spells, armor purchased and repairs you would also spend in this hypothetical world obviously. That time spent would earn you a couple mil of gold probably. Thus in this hypothetical you'll sit on a pile of 1 mil gold, which you have NO PLACE to spend it on... so what is the value of 1 mil gold then? it would be worth nothing in this hypothetical world. Zems would cost 4 or 5 mil a piece...

Where as in the current nemesis, with the prices as they are, you'd have spent the same time, thus also collecting a couple mil of gold probably. But you'd have it spent on spells etc, only sitting on a couple 100k's of gold in the end... You've spent the majority of your gold, your remaining 100k is worth a lot because you'll need about 400 to 500k to buy a zem...

Both world are EXACTLY the same, except that the number is increasingly higher, yet the RATIO between prices remain exactly the same. It only poses an issue on the technical side where if we introduce new gold sinks or features related to gold, we'd be able to add sensible values in current nemesis, whereas we'd need 100's of MILLIONS of gold requirements in this hypothetical world, and in there going towards these extreemly high numbers poses a technical issue where the current gold limitation is 2 billion gold. So increasing rates or decreasing prices will have exactly the same ratios for gold vs items (mainly non-shop items).

@yuck: people who come from olympia, world, or any other fruit server obviously find nemesis tedious regarding gold, gold has a value in nemesis where as in all other fruit servers gold is useless and not even used as a currency to trade anything. Those people are spoiled and don't like to work to become the best of the game, they expect it to be handed to them like it happens in the fruit servers.

Well, thats 3 players nemesis lost. Thanks

Well, thats 3 players nemesis lost. Thanks

Good! I'm tired of your shit... it's not like you're doing anything about it either. I'm responsible for coding, not for entertaining the community.