Sign in to follow this  
WhiteFang

Server Maintenance 28/01

wow honestly all this con

1) And how come that isn't abusing the command? Considering your comment: I'll be using the command same way as I used to. To detect if someone is in same server and going for /tgt. This is abuse too?

2) Yup, definitely. I'm so bored of people finding me in maps. It's not like I was playing here for PVP actions, I just want to hunt :/ Please, stop abuse!

Server-wide /pf would reply you with the player's profile if he is online in ANY given server. Thus making it impossible to figure out if he's in ml-server, elv-server, ares-servers etc... So even if you use it to see if someone is "online" you still can't narrow down his location, you'd only know if that player is online or offline. But if you feel that's also abuse, we could keep a permanent list of profiles of all characters who login, so if a player ever logged in, you'd get his PF regardless if he's online or offline. But that last one won't be needed I think (and hope).

Adding the restriction to /tgt of a 20x20 area, you'd not be able to figure out if someone is in the same map as you or not, so can't actually abuse the command. Even if you'd use it "near a pit" to figure if someone is "in the pit" the amount of effort equals the normal method to figure that out (which would be just to run into the pit and check for yourself)

Let's have these upgrades then: server-wide /pf and /tgt limited to 20x20.

In this server its really hard to find an enemy to kill, its even harder to get someone to stay and fight

now you're making it even moreeeeeeeee harder?

stupid *censored* upgrades.. might as well add invul bubble again while you're at it. O and you should also add this > if you kill a player you dont get an ek, this way people dont lame...

if you are rml a and tgt someone to rml e, its up to you to locate them or guess where they are.

Man all this talk of removing /pf for the single map and /tgt for a short range is all crap.

Sarcasm. Sometimes you can only laugh.

In this server its really hard to find an enemy to kill, its even harder to get someone to stay and fight

stupid *censored* upgrades.. might as well add invul bubble again while you're at it. O and you should also add this > if you kill a player you dont get an ek, this way people dont lame...

if you are rml a and tgt someone to rml e, its up to you to locate them or guess where they are.

Man all this talk of removing /pf for the single map and /tgt for a short range is all crap.

That something is difficult doesn't justify that you abuse and break rules.... getting money is hard in real life.... that doesn't allow me to rob a bank... So stop making excuses.

About the invul... the community said "remove it and people will be back"... the community has been proven wrong by now as there is only less people here with no other changes done since invul was removed. So you're only making it worse from the community side as you're given a good reason to add it again.

1) And how come that isn't abusing the command? Considering your comment: I'll be using the command same way as I used to. To detect if someone is in same server and going for /tgt. This is abuse too?

2) Yup, definitely. I'm so bored of people finding me in maps. It's not like I was playing here for PVP actions, I just want to hunt :/ Please, stop abuse!

Server-wide /pf would reply you with the player's profile if he is online in ANY given server. Thus making it impossible to figure out if he's in ml-server, elv-server, ares-servers etc... So even if you use it to see if someone is "online" you still can't narrow down his location, you'd only know if that player is online or offline. But if you feel that's also abuse, we could keep a permanent list of profiles of all characters who login, so if a player ever logged in, you'd get his PF regardless if he's online or offline. But that last one won't be needed I think (and hope).

Adding the restriction to /tgt of a 20x20 area, you'd not be able to figure out if someone is in the same map as you or not, so can't actually abuse the command. Even if you'd use it "near a pit" to figure if someone is "in the pit" the amount of effort equals the normal method to figure that out (which would be just to run into the pit and check for yourself)

Let's have these upgrades then: server-wide /pf and /tgt limited to 20x20.

Sarcasm. Sometimes you can only laugh.

No sarcasm in any way, shape or form. All srs.

White and you are discussing how to end pvp and how to close the server quicker.

Now if you're being sarcastic you should stop because it doesnt look sarcastic at all lol.

That something is difficult doesn't justify that you abuse and break rules.... getting money is hard in real life.... that doesn't allow me to rob a bank... So stop making excuses.

About the invul... the community said "remove it and people will be back"... the community has been proven wrong by now as there is only less people here with no other changes done since invul was removed. So you're only making it worse from the community side as you're given a good reason to add it again.

Your relations to life and helbreath are always so silly white.

But whatever you dont listen to the players anyways as you said no one pays you to *censored* the server up more than what you do at times. So keep adding counter productive updates.

Once again with the invulnerability. When players have already changed to other servers, it's too late. Invulnerability was hated in nem2 too. It just took too long to fix this one thing. Nope, it wasn't this one reason why Nemesis suck at the moment, but you piss one player here and another there. Soon (now) you have an empty server.

If all didn't notice before, my (sarcastic) posts regarding /pf and /tgt was just about how far is GMs ready to go to kill this server.

I had contributed A LOT with my opinions already. Tried several times to make you understand the current situation of server, what most people, if not everyone wanted, what they complained about, etc, etc. I always participated with arguments and examples to show my point. I've already tried too hard and too much to find always the same reaction: A butthurt GM.
Always defensive, thinking that because players do not like his new features, they are wrong. You put new things, MANY, and i mean really MANY of them were great, I wont number them, already did in the past. But some others were pure crap, and you felt attacked, your ego er your "I dont *censored*ing care what". Your reaction was SO LATE that you used it to justify the decreasing population. Entire guilds, tons of players had quited/moved server by that moment.. And acting like a hysteric child wont help people to come back. In fact, and face it, people WONT come back.

It's a pity, I loved nemesis, I tried a lot to keep it a live, but It's hard when the same people from staff, when the now administrator (farjat clearly made you "lord of nemesis") its a dick.
I guess some things can't be reproduced, and Nemesis 1/2 enter in this category.

Good luck.

@yuck: the relations may sound silly, but they are true. The fact the you call them silly just makes me wonder how you go around in life, you're probably someone who would agree on robbing a bank to get money... If I'm wrong, then your attitude gave me the wrong impression, and then I'd advice you to work on your attitude to reflect the kind of person you are.

@yuck: I have no obligation to listen to anyone, I'm doing a job here in my spare time where nobody pays me and as long as it runs that way I am free to change what ever I want. But if you feel like I'm *censored*ing it up, then pay me and you'll be my boss and I'd be required to adjust the server as you see pleased. But I am sure that's not going to happen as I'm very sure you wouldn't be able to afford to pay me the minimum wage of my country.

@genious: The same way people keep being sarcastic, the same way I will be sarcastic. An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth... I've always handled people with respect, only those who didn't handle me back with respect lost theirs and get treated like shit.

People who changed server before an appropriate action could of been taken just lack patience. A decision like that to add or remove a feature isn't made in a single day based on some opinions. When the first complaints were received we attempted to resolve the issues that occured, we did so. And as complains kept coming we started to *spam*yze the situation to be able to make an appropriate decision.

To again make (as said by yuck) a "silly real world comparison", it took Diablo 3 about 2 years to *spam*yze and realize their auction house broke part of their game mechanics... So yes, it takes a long time to "fix" things, game development doesn't occur over night. The majority of games take 2 to 5 years to develop with a team of 50 to 200 or even more people... here at nemesis, I am 1 person only who's developing... so yeah things go a bit slower, and yeah it takes a bit longer to take a decision.

The majority of people, or atleast the biggest outflow of groups of people was because one of them broke a rule and got banned for it, he decided to leave and the rest followed like a herd of sheep. In a small community like the Helbreath community (not talking nemesis only here) it important to maintain rules and stand by them. Because if we (the server admins, not talking nemesis only here) don't stand by them there will be chaos with people cheating and hacking their way to the top. There needs to be a line at some point, and crossing that line will result in punishments. That just doesn't go for nemesis only, it goes for any helbreath server or just any game out in the world, it even reflects real life, there are rules to everything. I personally find it sad that if guy steps over the line and doesn't get it "his way" to have his account back, that the others of the group just follow like a hard of sheep. I'm fairly sure if that one guy jumped off a bridge, the rest would blindly follow him and jump off as well. To get back to the pissing one player here and there, that's true, sometimes certain things piss a player here or there, yet the majority of players are pissed on me simply because they broke rules and I banned them for it... like yucky the other day... he came screaming his *censored* off on FB to me saying how shit GM I am and demanding to know why he got banned, even denying that he did such crimes (town betrayal)... even after showing the prove that it occured, he still is pissed... It's his choice to be pissed at me, but it's his own fault he got banned... he crossed the line.

Regarding the pf and tgt, I will take it to the limit to stop people from gaining benefit from features that are not made to give such benefits. If you consider that it kills the server, then that's your personal opinion. I am certain if we had 300 players playing, that nobody would even abuse the command in the first place, thus not making me obligated to fix the anomaly in the command.

@svafnir: You did contribute a lot, and back in the days of neme2 I valued an opinion like yours, it had so much value for me that if I posted a topic where I wanted an opinion or reaction, I'd search for a post made by you when reading through the numerous reactions. But recently your reactions have been going down in value a lot, I'm not sure why, but they used to be really good. And there are a couple other people I've also valued in the past, and their reactions have been going down in value as well... sad to see that happening.

The fact that my reactions may sound very harsh on players is simply because people say "I don't like it" but never tell exactly why or what they did expect from the feature. Your opinions used to be that good that you said many times you don't like things but voiced it decently, properly saying why you don't like it and from time to time even give ideas on how to improve or change it. That's why I valued your opinion so much, as it is a useful opinion. And yeah, it may sound like butthurt or childish reaction from my side, yet I feel the same the opposite way, people react to me saying they don't like the feature, it feels like they're butthurt by at and too childish to tell me why they don't like it.

YUCK THE ATTITUDE YOU HAVE IS SO IMMATURE SRS LIKE SRS

LIKE I AM WHITE GN AND I DONT WRITE RESPONSES I WRITE BEDTIME STORIES SRS, NO, SRS.

Here you go again with silly relations, and for you to tell me to work on my attitude is again silly.

Edited by YUCK

I had contributed A LOT with my opinions already. Tried several times to make you understand the current situation of server, what most people, if not everyone wanted, what they complained about, etc, etc. I always participated with arguments and examples to show my point. I've already tried too hard and too much to find always the same reaction: A butthurt GM.

Always defensive, thinking that because players do not like his new features, they are wrong. You put new things, MANY, and i mean really MANY of them were great, I wont number them, already did in the past. But some others were pure crap, and you felt attacked, your ego er your "I dont *censored*ing care what". Your reaction was SO LATE that you used it to justify the decreasing population. Entire guilds, tons of players had quited/moved server by that moment.. And acting like a hysteric child wont help people to come back. In fact, and face it, people WONT come back.

It's a pity, I loved nemesis, I tried a lot to keep it a live, but It's hard when the same people from staff, when the now administrator (farjat clearly made you "lord of nemesis") its a dick.

I guess some things can't be reproduced, and Nemesis 1/2 enter in this category.

Good luck.

Don't have much to add to this.

Just want you to know the fact: It's always easier to say something negative.

We do appreciate your work. You have done good updates also and community might have forgotten to thank you for them.

Maybe we should be ignored because of that.

Good luck.

This is a good discussion, i'll try to throw out some suggestions as i am not oblivious about it.

To start off, Yucky dude, town betrayal? come on man.

I agree with what rik has spoken, i will stand by it, however i do agree with White in a way, developing takes time. Back in the day i use to work 2 jobs as well, and one of it is coding for website via css sprites etc. Its not simple and takes a lot of time, specially if you have college/uni/work its going to be hard.

I play this server, A LOT and many will agree with me! and here's what i have to say which would be extremely feasible.

1. /pf, /tgt is the main reason why a lot of new players leave. This is based on when i asked my guild mates why were they going to quit " i cant hunt, 24/7 ppl kept tgt me"

2. I played Olympia for a year plus, we did not have /monstercount, /pf or /tgt, yet people always get ek. Bare in mind, back then HBO only had 30-70 people. This is why now they have 150+ online always.

3. Spies, too many spy everywhere. If i had spy, i would had 300+ eks by now.

4. Helbreath is not about 24/7 finding ek, its about hunting, helping out, making friends, chatting, doing hunts in a group, having an adventure like taking down abby, going bf with friend and clearing it out or just tame the god damn fw with a group and clear it for u etc.

5. During crusade/held, most people would just want to ek, for crying out loud crusade/held is not all about eking. And when held is lost and got no tp, every *censored*ing one will start complaining, NO SHIT.

6. Disable /who till we have more players, new players who comes in and see's "14 players are connected to game server", would just leave.

7. Disable eks for killing players below 180 vice versa, disable PL ek's, whats with the rush for FH? i can bet 8/10 players who get's FH would quit/sell it.

This is just my suggestion, i run quite a huge guild with many new players been recruited daily. And i chat with them a lot, i understand if they died because some are not good in pvping even if his 180, but having them tgt always, searching for them 24/7 is just going to make him quit like how everyone did.

Look at Olympia recent ek list, you will hardly see the same guy been killed soo many times on the same day. Why? because you cant /pf or /tgt them, and if your going to tell me "because they have 150 players" no shit they do, why? because they cant get tgt always so ppl tend to stay there!

Yes Helbreath is much more fun when you get to EK but come on, if everyone would just to stop hunting everyone for a while and let the server grow back up with many players, then the chances of some1 keep dying all the time is going to be less and the chances that his going to quit is also going to be less.

You guys still want to keep on eking with 5-15 players on? Seriously? Let me phrase back.

The main reason many people leave is because they get killed and tgt over and over, some was probably because of invul, or server/lag issues or they do not play with honour and starts talking shit (main reason why Sas4 left as well), but, MAIN reason is because no1 likes to keep dying, or keep getting tgt.

Cheers,

KeNZo

Due to the usage of tournaments a bug in virtual maps was discovered. In order to continue the beta testing it was required to update the world and login server.

As this was a necessary maintenance I've also taken the opportunity to apply some minor changes as following:

- Fixed world & login server packets regarding virtual maps.

- /monstercount command has been restricted to abaddon, inferniaA, inferniaB and procella maps

- Global and Town chats have been unified across all game servers on probation (it is possible that this change gets revoked if it doesn't benefit the game).

- Disabled warehouse logs as it suffers from a bug caused by refactoring a part of code and has not yet been resolved in current development as it involves a database change.

Needed changes. Ty.

yucky never trown betrayal! Yucky is aresden for lyfe and all of you dont know jack of what really happened.

/tgt is not disabled in olympia, removing it in nemesis is removing some of the few players left on it.

And as you said hb is not about just killing eachother, well to me it is.

I dont like to hunt monsters very much i'd rather hunt enemies!

Edited by YUCK

So i heard you are papi, Aresden for life you say? What about when you starts talking shit and everything to us?

Dude, i love to ek as well and u know that, but chasing after the same dude over and over again which is not even lvl 140 is just sad.

24 Jan 2014 8:18 AM Papi (180) Splinter (105) Aresden (82,210) 24 Jan 2014 8:03 AM Papi (180) Splinter (105) Aresden (221,200) 24 Jan 2014 7:56 AM Papi (180) Splinter (105) Aresden (245,176) 24 Jan 2014 7:55 AM Papi (180) Splinter (105) Aresden (260,199 25 Jan 2014 11:35 PM Papi (180) Ripcord (132) Icebound (141,223) 25 Jan 2014 11:11 PM Papi (180) Ripcord (132) Aresden (106,186) 19 Jan 2014 9:35 PM Papi (180) Ripcord (105) Aresden (126,173) 19 Jan 2014 9:34 PM Papi (180) Ripcord (105) Aresden (122,177) 19 Jan 2014 9:14 PM Papi (180) Ripcord (103) Aresden (108,186)

What about this?

19 Jan 2014 9:22 PM YuCky (180) Papi (180) Middleland (80,483)

Olympia never had /tgt, we had never used it back in the days, the only thing we did was using ping to locate for people who needed backup. Bare in mind, there are soo many players already in Olympia where you will run into enemies from time to time.

My point is to disable /tgt for the moment, or better yet, make /tgt available only to players who are 180.

So i heard you are papi, Aresden for life you say? What about when you starts talking shit and everything to us?

Dude, i love to ek as well and u know that, but chasing after the same dude over and over again which is not even lvl 140 is just sad.

24 Jan 2014 8:18 AM Papi (180) Splinter (105) Aresden (82,210) 24 Jan 2014 8:03 AM Papi (180) Splinter (105) Aresden (221,200) 24 Jan 2014 7:56 AM Papi (180) Splinter (105) Aresden (245,176) 24 Jan 2014 7:55 AM Papi (180) Splinter (105) Aresden (260,199 25 Jan 2014 11:35 PM Papi (180) Ripcord (132) Icebound (141,223) 25 Jan 2014 11:11 PM Papi (180) Ripcord (132) Aresden (106,186) 19 Jan 2014 9:35 PM Papi (180) Ripcord (105) Aresden (126,173) 19 Jan 2014 9:34 PM Papi (180) Ripcord (105) Aresden (122,177) 19 Jan 2014 9:14 PM Papi (180) Ripcord (103) Aresden (108,186)

What about this?

19 Jan 2014 9:22 PM YuCky (180) Papi (180) Middleland (80,483)

Olympia never had /tgt, we had never used it back in the days, the only thing we did was using ping to locate for people who needed backup. Bare in mind, there are soo many players already in Olympia where you will run into enemies from time to time.

My point is to disable /tgt for the moment, or better yet, make /tgt available only to players who are 180.

The fact that he isnt 180 gives me more reason to kill him. It may be sad to you but to me its happiness.

"""""So i heard you are papi, Aresden for life you say? What about when you starts talking shit and everything to us?"""""

thats what you heard right ? And I heard whiteGM creates updates for the server that only benefit the gameplay.

And for someone to tell me who to kill or who not to kill is absurd. Let me play my damn game lol

Edited by YUCK

I agree with Kenzo, disable /who until server gets more people, many players just log in, /who 15 online then just leave.

yes disable /who !

White it seems like you are always fighting the players. I understand you are doing what is best for the server but the people in the server matter too. In fact I logged in today after being gone since around the new launch and I find that the server is dead again but this time in less than a year which is ridiculous for nemesis. Why are you pushing the public's thoughts away and with it the player base? i've seen this COUNTLESS times over the years and I just don't get it. I'm not trying to disrespect but you need player feedback. Other servers often base many of their updates purly around player feedback always taking their consideration into account. It is after all the players that will be dealing with the changes and such.

Just an observation.. very sad to see nemesis yet again low in server population and I sincerely hope it turns around for the better soon.

Edited by Bobcat

White it seems like you are always fighting the players. I understand you are doing what is best for the server but the people in the server matter too. In fact I logged in today after being gone since around the new launch and I find that the server is dead again but this time in less than a year which is ridiculous for nemesis. Why are you pushing the public's thoughts away and with it the player base? i've seen this COUNTLESS times over the years and I just don't get it. I'm not trying to disrespect but you need player feedback. Other servers often base many of their updates purly around player feedback always taking their consideration into account. It is after all the players that will be dealing with the changes and such.

Just an observation.. very sad to see nemesis yet again low in server population and I sincerely hope it turns around for the better soon.

The initial drop (early september) of players was because a polish guy lamed EKs, got banned, argued his ban and then all his friends decided to leave as well...

I think that's not the staff's fault, if someone breaks a rule, action must be taken.

The second drop (half october) occured again because a player decided to break rules by EK laming and town betrayal.

Once again I believe action was taken accordingly, breaking rules must be punished.

Then there also was invulnerability which we picked up as an issue shortly after the server started, we started to monitor the issue as the players gave feedback that the feature was problematic. We collected data on it, player opinions, feedback on what's broken etc..

We then started off to resolve the issues reported where it became abusive, which obviously takes time to fix in the first place, and secondly time to see how the fix impacts the feature and the player behavior.

Once we resolved the issues, people kept complaining, although the admins believes that switching back to safe zones wouldn't make a difference. After complains kept coming and people couldn't figure a proper way to handle the feature, we decided to disable the feature.

And so far this change has proven not working at all, where the community was certain people would return, it actually lead to a decrease in players over time. So at this point I am still convinced that changing it didn't make a (positive) difference.

As people decreased more, people were looking for methods to make their life easier, trying to find commands that give them an advantage... the /monstercount command... so again we picked this up as we received complaints about it, started monitoring the situation month ago already and figured abuse was happening, and again we resolved the issue by making sure it can no longer be abused.

I'm not here to fight the players at all... the players only keep asking to add and create things that are not in the vision of nemesis. Given the above 2 examples, I still don't understand why people claim that the staff doesn't listen to the players... We do listen, investigate, collect feedback and develop solutions. These things cost a lot of time, and that may look like staff isn't doing shit at all about it, but we do work on these things.

Nemesis is like Rome... neither of them were built in one day.

/to White

Srly need better events better promote a few changes on drops like as said whiteangel (In a few monster on ML drop exp pots 1 to 5 at least , guild scroll and to very very rare Town Change scroll or change Name scroll) , i can tell atm on this phase on the server PVP event dont gonna work its be good when have 60+ on but active players not now . 1 good example of a good event its make a maze with monsters with clairvoyance and berserk and hide 1 or 2 ms 10 ms 20 resu wands with a few xel , zem , mers stones that gonna help to atract a few players more

/to White

Srly need better events better promote a few changes on drops like as said whiteangel (In a few monster on ML drop exp pots 1 to 5 at least , guild scroll and to very very rare Town Change scroll or change Name scroll) , i can tell atm on this phase on the server PVP event dont gonna work its be good when have 60+ on but active players not now . 1 good example of a good event its make a maze with monsters with clairvoyance and berserk and hide 1 or 2 ms 10 ms 20 resu wands with a few xel , zem , mers stones that gonna help to atract a few players more

Yes White has great ideas and a great mind as he obviously codes well.

use your energy white to do something like this if it is possible. But then again.. you are not eventGN you are CoderGN

Maybe adding an active GM in the server, besides white and farjat. One who can do small events on weekly base.

I vote KeNZo :excl: :excl: :excl: :excl: :excl: :excl:

Maybe adding an active GM in the server, besides white and farjat. One who can do small events on weekly base.

I vote KeNZo :excl: :excl: :excl: :excl: :excl: :excl:

yes he is always on and very trustworthy. ALWAYS ON. Always alert. Consider it..

Being active doesn't mean you have the right attitude to be gm. Look at alkapone, he ain't no gm anymore due to attitude.

Being a gm is more than just making events in the game.

But if there are active players who think they've got what it takes to be a GM, then they can always send us a ticket in which they write down their application to become a GM.

Sign in to follow this