Sign in to follow this  
WhiteFang

Server Maintenance 28/01

Due to the usage of tournaments a bug in virtual maps was discovered. In order to continue the beta testing it was required to update the world and login server.

As this was a necessary maintenance I've also taken the opportunity to apply some minor changes as following:

- Fixed world & login server packets regarding virtual maps.

- /monstercount command has been restricted to abaddon, inferniaA, inferniaB and procella maps

- Global and Town chats have been unified across all game servers on probation (it is possible that this change gets revoked if it doesn't benefit the game).

- Disabled warehouse logs as it suffers from a bug caused by refactoring a part of code and has not yet been resolved in current development as it involves a database change.

Its already super hard to find a ek with the current pathetic population and with the monstercount restriction, it will be even harder. No more raid..yay!! Lets just all concentrate on hunting monster!

Please enable monstercount. What is this torture to us players removing /mc?

in fact make it /mc not /monstercount :)

Yes. Some people play helbrearh for hunting monster 24/7, some just logon purely for raids. Remove mc discourage raiding and i believe this will bring nemesis to a new low instead of high.

In the original Korean there is no monster count at all, not even for apocalypse.

Learn to raid TheysStefanie old fashion way, you're too spoiled. Next thing you meight ask is a /showenemy command which replies with the coords of the enemy...

No to easy ek. Learn to play the game in a normal way instead of abusing commands intended for other purposes.

In the original Korean there is no monster count at all, not even for apocalypse.

Learn to raid TheysStefanie old fashion way, you're too spoiled. Next thing you meight ask is a /showenemy command which replies with the coords of the enemy...

No to easy ek. Learn to play the game in a normal way instead of abusing commands intended for other purposes.

Well hunting for an enemy in all of Middleland/RockyHighland/Garden/DeathValley with only 5 people on is kind of absurd.

You see this is the problem. Admins go around making decisions for the server and make changes that affect players when they don't know what really needs to be changed. This is all because they dont play the server, therefore they don't really know whats good or bad as the players do. Minor changes like this are only

counter intuitive.

Please don't compare to the original korean , we are in the 2014 its time to move on, upgrade or get dragged behind. Srs.

Edited by YUCK

Well hunting for an enemy in all of Middleland/RockyHighland/Garden/DeathValley with only 5 people on is kind of absurd.

You see this is the problem. Admins go around making decisions for the server and make changes that affect players when they don't know what really needs to be changed. This is all because they dont play the server, therefore they don't really know whats good or bad as the players do. Minor changes like this are only

counter intuitive.

Please don't compare to the original korean , we are in the 2014 its time to move on, upgrade or get dragged behind. Srs.

Originally the command was made available to players to aid in apocalypse. It is only recently that people started abusing this command for other purposes, purposes it was not designed for.

It's like a knife in the real world, designed for cutting your bread, and that's what the majority of people use it for... if people start using it to kill other people, which the knife was not designed for in the first place, then the government will take action and likely punish people for abusing it and even at one point completely forbid it.

Same goes here, you're using the knife (monstercount) for purposes it was not designed for... So we take action and restrict it (aka forbid it).

The fact that there is a low population doesn't make an excuse to abuse what's made available to you... you're not gonna get away in real life when killing someone with a knife by saying you did it because of the over-population of the world... you'll still go to court, get punished and go to jail... so stop making excuses here as well.

Upgrade or get dragged behind? every change we make is criticized saying that we divert too much from the original... and we make a decision to stick to the original, and you throw in that we should upgrade and move on from the original...

You're just contradicting yourself here... and that's one of the reasons why we mainly disregard people like you, because what ever we decide, you will ALWAYS say the opposite and be against it, regardless if we stick to originals or divert from it and bring innovation to the game... you will just be against it, and people like that are useless because they don't have a solid opinion, their opinion is just every time the opposite of what's been decided, even if that means contradicting any previous opinions they stated before.

If you expect to be taken seriously, then stick to a single side. You can't just go around switching between "stick to original" and "innovate and divert from original" and expect to be taken seriously.

Lol i didn't even know it existed, whats monstercount for?

To see how many monsters in map. This was used by players to check if anyone was killing mobs in current map.

Hi first of all i think the comparison of killing someone in a real world and /monstercount is absurd. Killing someone in a real world is illegal and by typing /monstercount in game is not. Lastly, i dont recognize it as abusing.

Its just that raiders use it for another purpose that it is not meant to be. The way you are claiming it as abusing is like, when mage blizzes me, i equip dr set instead of mr set. Is that counted as abusing as well? Because i am not using the armours the right way, or i basically going against the purpose that dr armours is originally for; it does not equivalent for abusing.

I am just giving my thoughts regarding the amendments or update made to /monstercount command. Its my personally view that it does not aid the server in retaining whats left of the balance population. I have given the comment purely out of goodwill but seems that advice/comment is ignored. Lets see the effect of this decision in near future.

Hi first of all i think the comparison of killing someone in a real world and /monstercount is absurd. Killing someone in a real world is illegal and by typing /monstercount in game is not. Lastly, i dont recognize it as abusing.

Its just that raiders use it for another purpose that it is not meant to be. The way you are claiming it as abusing is like, when mage blizzes me, i equip dr set instead of mr set. Is that counted as abusing as well? Because i am not using the armours the right way, or i basically going against the purpose that dr armours is originally for; it does not equivalent for abusing.

I am just giving my thoughts regarding the amendments or update made to /monstercount command. Its my personally view that it does not aid the server in retaining whats left of the balance population. I have given the comment purely out of goodwill but seems that advice/comment is ignored. Lets see the effect of this decision in near future.

In nemesis bug abuse is illigal... as the abuse of monster count can be seen as illigal as it breaks the rule of bug abuse as it is unintended usage ... You may not recognize it as such, but it's not you who makes the rules, it's the staff and we recognize it, therefore addressed it.

Using DR armor against blizz doesn't give you an unfair advantage, while using monstercount to check if people are hunting in a map DOES give you an advantage which never existed before the command was available to players. If using DR would give you an insane advantage such as immunity to magic spells, then it would be considered unintended usage, and thus that would get addressed, same way as we address the unintended usage of monstercount.

Given the amount of tickets regarding spying and the discoveries made that it has been going along with the abuse of the command in the recent weeks have lead to this decision. I prefer to keep the population who actively plays and have suffered from the side effect and reported this rather than keep the unintended side effect in the game to favor the people who abuse it. That would be giving the wrong impression that the staff doesn't care about abuse, which is not the case.

Its not called abuse, its called making the best of what you have.

Shit, I'm a 180 warrior with a dk set but that doesnt mean I wont go around wearing a leather, no berk, and hose trying to get me some eks, its tactics. Its what seperates the players from the better players.

taking this tactic out is a bad idea,

you didnt even consult with the players, you went out of your way to do it.

No bueno

You're upsetting me, doraemon , and a few more,

i'd say more than half of the population... lol

Edited by YUCK

Its not called abuse, its called making the best of what you have.

Shit, I'm a 180 warrior with a dk set but that doesnt mean I wont go around wearing a leather, no berk, and hose trying to get me some eks, its tactics. Its what seperates the players from the better players.

taking this tactic out is a bad idea,

you didnt even consult with the players, you went out of your way to do it.

No bueno

You're upsetting me, doraemon , and a few more,

i'd say more than half of the population... lol

It is abuse as it is a non-intended usage. Same way as in neme2 we had the negative gold bug, it wasn't so common to find out, and it was ok it being around as long as nobody abused it because it could be fixed. Yet people also though the same way as you just thinking now, it's not a bug, it's a feature... no it's not, because it lead to infinite gold allowing infinite lottery tickets resulting in a medusa sword dropping from the lottery...

It is abuse, and people with a mind set that using a feature for anything other than its intended usage is "OK" are not welcome here. Common sense should tell you that monster count is used to count monsters to know how far you're in apocalypse and that it's wrong to abuse it in favor to find raiding targets.

Going around naked or wearing weaker armors also brings a disadvantage, because you could be raped suddenly by someone, a group or an activation item (dusa, xelima) or power spell (sleep). While monster count didn't bring any disadvantage of the player using it, so your comparison is invalid due to that.

As I said earlier, it is a bug, so I don't need to consult players on anything. Even if it wasn't a bug, I am not obligated to consult you or anyone, you're not paying me to develop this game, so I have absolutely no requirement to listen to you. Even if it was a payed job I still wouldn't have to... Nintendo, Activation, Blizzard or other huge bad-*censored* game developers don't listen to players either, they don't consult the players. It's even that bad that they don't even keep players updated when they delay features/applications/games. The only one a big game development company listens to is their publisher or the one who funds the game development.

If you keep arguing about this I will be required to enforce rules more strictly, I'm talking about rule 6, rule 8, rule 19 (if your character(s) are found using the command at inappropriate maps).

Ignorant statements like this are why nobody plays nemesis anymore. Only so much retarded shit you can take from 1 group of people before you give up.

Ignorant statements like this are why nobody plays nemesis anymore. Only so much retarded shit you can take from 1 group of people before you give up.

It's not a statement... it's a FACT that the original korean version didn't have monstercount available.

That you're too spoiled, that is a statement, which I draw from the fact that there are numerous servers with xGAZILLION ek rate and xGAZILLION drop rate... which makes you spoiled as you're used to these extreemly high rates which don't occur in nemesis because nemesis tries to keep things as close to original as possible, or atleast extend it in the same direction and balance things properly. So that is a statement, but why would it be an ignorant one? I'm not being ignorant as I observe the entire helbreath server universe... it would only be ignorant if I didn't take them into account.

the /showenemy command isn't even a statement, I'm not explaining or stating anything, I'm only mocking at the spoiled people because they expect everything to come easy to them.

No to easy ek, that's a slogan, again not a statement as I'm not explaining anything... It's a slogan I like to use as it reflects my opinion that ek'ing shouldn't be easy.

And lastly the remark about learn 2 play is again a fact as people have recently been using the command to gain advantages in raiding, which is considered bug abuse as the command was not designed to aid raiding, but to aid hunting.

I'm not sure why you throw words to me without understanding any of them yourself... as I can't see any ignorant statements... and if there are according to you ignorant statements I made, then point them out properly... I feel like you're shouting at a bank saying "robbery" "robbery" while nothing is going on in the bank at all... trying to damage reputation of the bank by shouting "robbery" is kind of sad imo...

And yes, there is only a certain amount of retarded shit I can take from a group before I give up on that group... if the bucket is full, a single drop can make it overflow and then people get showered.

So a good advice here, don't try to overflow my bucket because if it overflows, it never stops overflowing ever again on you...

On the other side, a beta test on pvp tournaments has proven successful and some bugs were discovered and are being fixed as we're speaking. Expect next beta tests coming up this weekend.

Few points to consider about /monstercount update:

a) This helps new players. Maybe we will see population growing.

b) This command is not/was not available on any other servers either.

c) We still got /pf

B) This command is not/was not available on any other servers either.

c) We still got /pf

Using /pf for the purpose of figuring if enemies are in maps is considered abuse as that is NOT the intended purpose of the command... There is no intention to change the current behavior of it so don't abuse it. But if you feel like you should, go ahead and you'll face a punishment and I will be required to address the issue, same way as with the /monstercount command.

c) We still got /pf

Using /pf for the purpose of figuring if enemies are in maps is considered abuse as that is NOT the intended purpose of the command... There is no intention to change the current behavior of it so don't abuse it. But if you feel like you should, go ahead and you'll face a punishment and I will be required to address the issue, same way as with the /monstercount command.

LOL.

bai

c) We still got /pf

LOL.

bai

Nice reaction.... your contribution and opinion was much valued... not it has sunken far below sunken.

c) We still got /pf

Please, do change it. Why there should be commands available that we cannot use? Monstercount I understood, because it was giving out if ANY of enemies were in map. While using /pf requires you to know the nick you are looking for... If we want to compare again to korean server, they do have /pf enabled, don't they?

Offtopic:

While we are at it, shouldn't we also disable /tgt? It does also give out if player is in the map. Of course typing /pf is faster than /tgt so there is the disadvantage.

Edited by GeniuS

c) We still got /pf

Please, do change it. Why there should be commands available that we cannot use? Monstercount I understood, because it was giving out if ANY of enemies were in map. While using /pf requires you to know the nick you are looking for... If we want to compare again to korean server, they do have /pf enabled, don't they?

Offtopic:

While we are at it, shouldn't we also disable /tgt? It does also give out if player is in the map. Of course typing /pf is faster than /tgt so there is the disadvantage.

Making /pf server-wide will remove the advantage to figure out if a player is in the "ml server" or "ib server" or "elvine server" or "aresden server" etc...

Secondly, /tgt'ing someone from ares RML who's standing in elv RML is kind of absurd... there should be some max-region in which the mob would search (e.g. 20x20 range), that would be far more realistic.

c) We still got /pf

Offtopic:

Making /pf server-wide will remove the advantage to figure out if a player is in the "ml server" or "ib server" or "elvine server" or "aresden server" etc...

Secondly, /tgt'ing someone from ares RML who's standing in elv RML is kind of absurd... there should be some max-region in which the mob would search (e.g. 20x20 range), that would be far more realistic.

1) And how come that isn't abusing the command? Considering your comment: I'll be using the command same way as I used to. To detect if someone is in same server and going for /tgt. This is abuse too?

2) Yup, definitely. I'm so bored of people finding me in maps. It's not like I was playing here for PVP actions, I just want to hunt :/ Please, stop abuse!

Ontopic: Why was /monstercount disabled now? It has been available for a year or two. Whole time it was used by players to find out if anyone was in current map. You noticed this now? Let me repeat myself: Nemesis could really benefit from GM who actually plays the server.

Edited by GeniuS

1) And how come that isn't abusing the command? Considering your comment: I'll be using the command same way as I used to. To detect if someone is in same server and going for /tgt. This is abuse too?

2) Yup, definitely. I'm so bored of people finding me in maps. It's not like I was playing here for PVP actions, I just want to hunt :/ Please, stop abuse!

Server-wide /pf would reply you with the player's profile if he is online in ANY given server. Thus making it impossible to figure out if he's in ml-server, elv-server, ares-servers etc... So even if you use it to see if someone is "online" you still can't narrow down his location, you'd only know if that player is online or offline. But if you feel that's also abuse, we could keep a permanent list of profiles of all characters who login, so if a player ever logged in, you'd get his PF regardless if he's online or offline. But that last one won't be needed I think (and hope).

Adding the restriction to /tgt of a 20x20 area, you'd not be able to figure out if someone is in the same map as you or not, so can't actually abuse the command. Even if you'd use it "near a pit" to figure if someone is "in the pit" the amount of effort equals the normal method to figure that out (which would be just to run into the pit and check for yourself)

Server-wide /pf would reply you with the player's profile if he is online in ANY given server. Thus making it impossible to figure out if he's in ml-server, elv-server, ares-servers etc... So even if you use it to see if someone is "online" you still can't narrow down his location, you'd only know if that player is online or offline. But if you feel that's also abuse, we could keep a permanent list of profiles of all characters who login, so if a player ever logged in, you'd get his PF regardless if he's online or offline. But that last one won't be needed I think (and hope).

Adding the restriction to /tgt of a 20x20 area, you'd not be able to figure out if someone is in the same map as you or not, so can't actually abuse the command. Even if you'd use it "near a pit" to figure if someone is "in the pit" the amount of effort equals the normal method to figure that out (which would be just to run into the pit and check for yourself)

Let's have these upgrades then: server-wide /pf and /tgt limited to 20x20.

Even those permanent profiles doesn't sound bad. Those could be used for trade purposes also.

Edited by GeniuS

wow honestly all this con

Let's have these upgrades then: server-wide /pf and /tgt limited to 20x20.

In this server its really hard to find an enemy to kill, its even harder to get someone to stay and fight

now you're making it even moreeeeeeeee harder?

stupid *censored* upgrades.. might as well add invul bubble again while you're at it. O and you should also add this > if you kill a player you dont get an ek, this way people dont lame...

if you are rml a and tgt someone to rml e, its up to you to locate them or guess where they are.

Man all this talk of removing /pf for the single map and /tgt for a short range is all crap.

Edited by YUCK

Sign in to follow this