Sign in to follow this  
WhiteFang

Heads Up #2: Pvp Tournament Beta

I've been talking in the GM chat for the past month about the PvP tournament Beta... Some of you may think it'll never come, but I'd like to give you a heads up, it's about to arrive!

In this second heads up I like to talk specifically about the Beta and why we're doing this and what to expect from it.

The beta will be used to test the tournament system in numerous ways. We will attempt to host as many different type of pvp tournaments as possible.

With a the tournament system having so many unique options on its own there will be a lot of areas to test.

The purpose of the beta players is to detect and find bugs in this tournament system (and report them !).

It'll also serve as a quality assurance test to make sure that the correct choices were made during development and to ensure the quality of the content is as expected.

Players who participate are also encouraged to give constructive criticism on the feature, if something is disliked I'd like to hear it but also like to hear a counter proposal to resolve the issue or to improve it.

As with the first heads up I will try to answer most commonly asked questions below:

Q: Who can participate in this beta?

A: Everyone!

Q: What do I need to participate?

A: You require the Beta Client, from the auto updater go to "Options" and choose "BETA: PvP Tournaments" option from the server list. (Everything is identical in files except the client)

Q: How do I get to the beta?

A: Go to bleeding island coordinated 100, 100 (must be EXACT !!) and use the "/betatp" command to be teleported to the battle realm (beta map)

Q: Why should I participate?

A: Good point! why? Simple, you get the privilege to be the first to test and play the latest content! (As with the Nemesis 3 Beta there will be special items handed out for all active participants - Likely there will also be a tournament made for beta players only with some nice items as rewards to win)

Q: I can't log to my character when using the beta client, please help!

A: The beta client only allows access to a limited number of maps: Bleeding Island, Battle Realm and Arena. - When an attempt is made to login in any other map using the beta client, it'll not allow you to do so and cause an automated disconnect.

Q: I am in bleeding island using the beta client, how do I get to the Battle Realm?

A: You can't get there on your own, the developer (White[GM]) will teleport you there when a beta test is made. When there are no beta tests ongoing, you can't really do anything with the beta client in bleeding island.

*Giggles all ova the place. Srs.

Why would you giggle, you think the beta is funny, a joke? :D Or giggle of excitement?

Btw, I didn't really mention it, but I will probably do the first beta tests during this weekend... (Jan 24/25/26)

*Giggles all ova the place. Srs.

Why would you giggle, you think the beta is funny, a joke? :D Or giggle of excitement?

Btw, I didn't really mention it, but I will probably do the first beta tests during this weekend... (Jan 24/25/26)

~ :D The Giggle of life ~

White, if you can, try scheduling some tests for who those who cant be in-game active much, but if we get noticed at forums we can instant login :)

White, if you can, try scheduling some tests for who those who cant be in-game active much, but if we get noticed at forums we can instant login :)

I can't really schedule them as all testing needs attendance from my side to verify values and check stages of the tournament. Can't really see if scoring works or not if the tournament ended, you only see final score then, not what happened between start and end, and that is what's important as depending on that certain things happen inside the code.

But you can usually find me in-game beta testing between 11 am and 5 pm (SERVER TIME!) and occasionally before 11 am if I have no classes to attend (starting from around 6 am server time)

What i don't understand is that if this is taking so long, why don't you organize a few old style PVP events in the mean time. Take people to the arena or set up some damn mana stones. You are losing all your players, and it seems like the GM's don't care.

With the server at such a delicate state the GM's need to at least keep the few players that play entertained.

You need someone on your staff that is engaged ingame.

Sincerely,

One of your few players left

What i don't understand is that if this is taking so long, why don't you organize a few old style PVP events in the mean time. Take people to the arena or set up some damn mana stones. You are losing all your players, and it seems like the GM's don't care.

With the server at such a delicate state the GM's need to at least keep the few players that play entertained.

Sincerely,

I could spend 3h organizing a pvp tournament old-style... or 3h coding this system... Personally I prefer the coding as that's what I'm here for in the first place.

Sincerely,

I could spend 3h organizing a pvp tournament old-style... or 3h coding this system... Personally I prefer the coding as that's what I'm here for in the first place.

which is why the server should be granted a GM who does these kinds of stuff. The server had 27 people on today maybe more.. thats a lot.. lol

and now its decreasing as there is no GM online to do anything fun. everythng is boring.. no one hunts anymore/ no point in because who u gonna use itens on..

Sincerely,

which is why the server should be granted a GM who does these kinds of stuff. The server had 27 people on today maybe more.. thats a lot.. lol

and now its decreasing as there is no GM online to do anything fun. everythng is boring.. no one hunts anymore/ no point in because who u gonna use itens on..

If there's a candidate to fill such position we could discuss this with the staff, but right now there is no candidate who made a ticket with his/her application.

I would apply for this spot, but I'm too busy running for north Korean parliament. I have to focus on things where I could actually matter.

Edited by GeniuS