Sign in to follow this  
Adrian

Why?

Here I'll be trying to answer the questions: (1) Why so many players left and (2) why new players are reluctant to stay.

(1) is mainly because most players are stupid and leave if the player count is low for a couple hours, not much can be done about that.

(2) new players that suck at the game get ek'd relentlessly by the same people within the same hour in the same map, until they log out.

When I notice this I'll post the name here and you can try not killing them so much so they don't *censored*ing quit.

Camacho (150)

turrin (155)

Edited by ulez

Here I'll be trying to answer the questions: (1) Why so many players left and (2) why new players are reluctant to stay.

(1) is mainly because most players are stupid and leave if the player count is low for a couple hours, not much can be done about that.

(2) new players that suck at the game get ek'd relentlessly by the same people within the same hour in the same map, until they log out.

When I notice this I'll post the name here and you can try not killing them so much so they don't *censored*ing quit.

Camacho (150)

turrin (155)

The first issue is hard to address, we could fake the player count, but that wouldn't be fair in the first place... and you'd notice quickly by the amount of people you encounter anyway.

The second one however is "fix-able" with an adjustment to the civilian system. What I suggest as a change to this is as following:

Once you join a town you can choose to be combatant or civilian, where combatants have no limitations and civilians are limited as next:
- They CAN hunt/go to ANY map (as long as they got the map-level-requirement)
- They cannot be killed by enemy players or their summons
- They cannot attack enemy players
- They see enemy players as Heroes of their own town. (the enemy player looks like a Hero from their own town, kinda disguise to prevent civilian status from being used to spy where enemies are and reveal who they are etc.)
- They suffer from loot-degression -> Longer civilians = less chance for drops (primary and secondary) -> hours increase as people are ACTIVELY online as civilian and decrease as they're ACTIVELY online as combatants with a bottom limit of 0 hours civilian time. ACTIVELY online means not being inside any town maps (ares/elv, farm or the buildings related to them like shop, wh, bs, ch, etc...).
- They gain assistance of Heroes of their own town, randomly a hero of their own town will come and aid them in battle. (this is to disguise the heroes and are actually enemies and eliminates the ability for the usage of civilian mode to spy).
- Price to switch is 1 million gold
- New players get -100 hours Civilian mode, once they become combatant it resets to 0 hours.

10 Jan 2014 11:21 PM turrin (155) p1waN (115)Icebound (230,119)

I always had faith :o

i need to kill turrin he is pro now

Edited by whiteangel

arghhhh i was heating up a milanesa in the microwave!!! saw the chaos 7 meters from the pc hahahahahaha!!! he will be happy for sure :) long live turrin!!!! :D :D :D

so excellent server, full of so many things awesomes and taste of play , however people do not choose , where is the error??? sry to say needed publicly :(

ontopic: server started with 320 onlines but they didnt liked the invulnerability thing and the safe zones removal so they quited, also the mass DDOS attack that Nemesis got at that moment caused massive lag for the remaining players leaving the population in the actual state :(

Edited by alkaholik

arghhhh i was heating up a milanesa in the microwave!!! saw the chaos 7 meters from the pc hahahahahaha!!! he will be happy for sure :) long live turrin!!!! :D :D :D

so excellent server, full of so many things awesomes and taste of play , however people do not choose , where is the error??? sry to say needed publicly :(

ontopic: server started with 320 onlines but they didnt liked the invulnerability thing and the safe zones removal so they quited, also the mass DDOS attack that Nemesis got at that moment caused massive lag for the remaining players leaving the population in the actual state :(

1. Invulnerability and DDoS played a big role, these things made majority of people leave.

2. GMT has been completely disconnected and disappeared from game. Yup, database has nice statistics, but does not really give any information about what is going on.

3. Server used to be player friendly, now all players are "whiny idiots" ;)

4. Server change made lots of asian players quit, because of ping. For some of us, like myself, it made the ping better. My ping went from 250 to 120. I prefer playing with 250 ping and asian players on the server.

Just some of the reasons...

Edited by GeniuS

lol and the lack of people? this has to be the biggest fail server ever...

The server is fine... it's up 24/7, has seasonal events, it runs the exp/drops/stats that we would consider not fruity. If a bunch of spastic players panic and leave when they see a low playercount, that causes the count to drop even lower, it's a retarded mentality that primarily lead to this server's depopulation. On paper, this server is amazing compared to Nem1&2

Here is a legitimate flaw. I'll say this, second to the retard-mentality I previously mentioned, the staff's bad attitude largely caused depopulation.

would love to have the asians back...they were a really big bunch of nice people for the community :lol: but sadly they cant play with 1k ping...dunno why u dudes had to move the server to a farther location...coz at last its was great Siementech (asians) who made this fu-cking awesome game, we need them but its far too late now...we could try to rebuild.....fk i cant think of any way to do it but lets just stick to the program of the pvp tournament for now...gives me hope, we know that most of the whole Hb community relies on this game about pvp so we still can get ppl back with that update :) as Riku and Ray say, yes, there was definetely a bad demeanor coming from some douches but i know that when the time comes they will quit those retard servers and come back playing here ^_^

definetely! we were talking about that today, some % of the community just turned out to be a bunch of idiots (luckely the quitters) but i feel theres fresh blood coming!!! B)

definetely! we were talking about that today, some % of the community just turned out to be a bunch of idiots (luckely the quitters) but i feel theres fresh blood coming!!! B)

he's not calling the playerbase whiny idiots, he's quoting.

nono...we were talking about that today, there were some idiots at 120-150 onlines times who were whining all the time about this and that and not understanding some clear facts (example was at the start of Nemesis 3 ppl whining like retards about low gold droprate instead of picking every single garbage in pits) :

1: cant ask for much, its a free-to-play server with free-of-charge updates (wether we like them or not)

2: as much as i dislike white[GM] attitudes he cant be 24hours coding, things take time to complete.

3: nemesis is known as a long lasting server (which legion and olympia ARENT) but those stupid players didnt saw that point either

excuse my ignorance, not being ironic or anything but where he was quoting? i couldnt see the quote :P

Edited by alkaholik

People want to create character, login, and be gifted every rare in-game with 91% sets of every possible set to then fight one another for eternity xD

2: as much as i dislike white[GM] attitudes he cant be 24hours coding, things take time to complete.

Probably not only you who dislikes my attitude... Likely because a lot of people walk on the thin line of the rules, not just nemesis rules, but also coding rules... Crossing to the wrong side will likely cause me to say and do things which you don't like.

If I'm wrong here, then feel free tell me what's your issue on my attitude :D

personally i dont like your attitude toward players, but you code well, imo the only thing you lack is listening oh yes, listening to the old players who actually PLAY THE GAME everyday and know every secret of it, you know who they are, i dont have to yell out names... dont treat players like garbage, be more nice and kind...its something i learnt over the years... also i know you're working and studying alot, thats why u cant play and you would if you could its ok! its understandable we all are old and got works + wifes/girlfriends/children + family + friends and all, thats why u need listen to us coz we can separate some time from our lifes to still enjoy the game and report back issues, bugs, ideas, changes, bear that in mind! keep up the good work at the pvp tournament, i know its gonna be awesome dude, just try to be more nice when answering (like you did just now) :)

personally i dont like your attitude toward players, but you code well, imo the only thing you lack is listening oh yes, listening to the old players who actually PLAY THE GAME everyday and know every secret of it, you know who they are, i dont have to yell out names... dont treat players like garbage, be more nice and kind...its something i learnt over the years... also i know you're working and studying alot, thats why u cant play and you would if you could its ok! its understandable we all are old and got works + wifes/girlfriends/children + family + friends and all, thats why u need listen to us coz we can separate some time from our lifes to still enjoy the game and report back issues, bugs, ideas, changes, bear that in mind! keep up the good work at the pvp tournament, i know its gonna be awesome dude, just try to be more nice when answering (like you did just now) :)

I've always been listening to people, but listening doesn't mean that if you tell me something is not working out that I change it 2 seconds later... More than a month ago we listened exactly to the players and did what they asked... invulnerability was "removed" as the you, the players, claimed it would bring back a gazillion people within 2 seconds... It didn't... I know returning takes time... but now that we're more than a month in... nothing changed...

So I am getting to the conclusion that the players were completely wrong here... the community tried to prove the admins wrong, that the knowledge of the admins was not enough, that the players know better than the admins (who run this game for more than a decade now)... but it appears the players are wrong once again...

Anyway, PvP tournaments are getting into a decent shape now, and they allow for a huge multitude of different events, a huge variety of possibilities in many different directions of pvp'ing. This huge amount of possibilities take a lot of time to code, because it must be flexible to allow so much options, but once it's completed it can be easily expanded with new tournament types such as capture the flag or point-holding tournaments. Anyway, you'll see more about this in-game soon as I'm close to beta testing the system.

02 Feb 2014 3:12 PM Shakugan (180) Ruper (129) Elvine (139,248)

02 Feb 2014 2:19 PM Shakugan (180) Ruper (128) Elvine (132,36)

02 Feb 2014 1:29 PM Shakugan (180) Ruper (125) Elvine (113,28)

02 Feb 2014 1:22 PM Shakugan (180) Ruper (125) Elvine (111,37)

02 Feb 2014 12:32 PM Shakugan (180) Ruper (123) Elvine (124,37

that's laming as far as I'm concerned.

that's laming as far as I'm concerned.

You're quicker in posting it here than us (staff) checking the logs lol xD

Ban has been applied though, the anti-laming system has detected it and came to the same conclusion as you, it is EK-laming. 2030 applied.

Thanks for letting us know though ^_^

20 Dec 2013 5:03 PM yaco (180) MedeA (145) Elvine (193,136)

20 Dec 2013 4:58 PM yaco (180) MedeA (145) Elvine (208,137)

20 Dec 2013 4:47 PM yaco (180) MedeA (145) Elvine (153,48)

20 Dec 2013 11:36 AM yaco (180) MedeA (140) Elvine (155,23)

20 Dec 2013 11:26 AM yaco (180) MedeA (140) Elvine (203,130)

=> For this guy we give 1 week ban.

=> For this guy we give 16 years ban.

Seems about fair. NOT! (So everyone understand, it DOES NOT seem fair)

Edited by GeniuS

20 Dec 2013 5:03 PM yaco (180) MedeA (145) Elvine (193,136)
20 Dec 2013 4:58 PM yaco (180) MedeA (145) Elvine (208,137)
20 Dec 2013 4:47 PM yaco (180) MedeA (145) Elvine (153,48)
20 Dec 2013 11:36 AM yaco (180) MedeA (140) Elvine (155,23)
20 Dec 2013 11:26 AM yaco (180) MedeA (140) Elvine (203,130)
=> For this guy we give 1 week ban.
=> For this guy we give 16 years ban.
Seems about fair. NOT! (So everyone understand, it DOES NOT seem fair)

I'll post the screenshot of the reason here:

http://tinyurl.com/mahzl53

24 Jan 2014 8:18 AM Papi (180) Splinter (105) Aresden (82,210)

24 Jan 2014 8:03 AM Papi (180) Splinter (105) Aresden (221,200)

24 Jan 2014 7:56 AM Papi (180) Splinter (105) Aresden (245,176)

24 Jan 2014 7:55 AM Papi (180) Splinter (105) Aresden (260,199)

This guy deserves till 2030 as well then

I'll tell you what the difference is that you don't see, but our system does:

Shakugan vs Ruper was detected as following:

2014-02-02 13:29:33 - PC(Shakugan)EK PC(Ruper) At elvine(113,28) Old(29) New(30) IP(HIDDEN) ! MULTI CHAR KILL IR (3) ! ! MULTI IP KILL IR (3) !
2014-02-02 14:19:23 - PC(Shakugan)EK PC(Ruper) At elvine(132,36) Old(30) New(31) IP(HIDDEN) ! MULTI CHAR KILL IR (4) ! ! MULTI IP KILL IR (4) !
2014-02-02 15:12:30 - PC(Shakugan)EK PC(Ruper) At elvine(139,248) Old(31) New(32) IP(HIDDEN) ! MULTI CHAR KILL IR (5) ! ! MULTI IP KILL IR (5) ! ! MULTI CHAR KILL (5) ! ! MULTI IP KILL (5) !

yaco vs MedeA was detected as following:

2013-12-20 17:03:39 - PC(yaco)EK PC(MedeA) At elvine(193,136) Old(404) New(405) IP(HIDDEN) ! MULTI CHAR KILL IR (3) ! ! MULTI IP KILL IR (3) ! ! MULTI CHAR KILL (5) ! ! MULTI IP KILL (5) !

Comparing the 2 and the punishment regarding the comparison:

- Kills "IR" mean "in a row" meaning no other targets were killed inbetween, such killing obviously should be punished much harder as there is no diversity in killing and laming is clearly seen.

- Shakugan has a 5 IR kill, yaco has a 3 IR kill... 3 IR usually gets a warning as you've just got onto the radar of our system... while a 5 IR is a clear sign of laming and doesn't need a warning as you know what you're doing.

If yaco would of gone 4 IR or 5 IR his ban would of been bigger, where a 5 IR likely resulted in a perma ban.

24 Jan 2014 8:18 AM Papi (180) Splinter (105) Aresden (82,210)
24 Jan 2014 8:03 AM Papi (180) Splinter (105) Aresden (221,200)
24 Jan 2014 7:56 AM Papi (180) Splinter (105) Aresden (245,176)
24 Jan 2014 7:55 AM Papi (180) Splinter (105) Aresden (260,199)
This guy deserves till 2030 as well then

Checked the logs, it showed up as following:

2014-01-24 08:03:26 - PC(Papi)EK PC(Splinter) At aresden(221,200) Old(29) New(30) IP(HIDDEN) ! MULTI CHAR KILL IR (3) ! ! MULTI IP KILL IR (3) !
2014-01-24 08:18:15 - PC(Papi)EK PC(Splinter) At aresden(82,210) Old(30) New(31) IP(HIDDEN) ! MULTI CHAR KILL IR (4) ! ! MULTI IP KILL IR (4) !

A ban has been applied as a warning that laming is not tollerated.

Also I like to note that GMs don't pull up the system daily, it happens usually once a month that the ban hammer is pulled out of the drawer and sweeped through the game to punish those who are found by our sofisticated system which is highly trained in detecting EK-laming.

I'll post the screenshot of the reason here:

http://tinyurl.com/mahzl53

I'm not sure, but as far as I know I'm still Belgian though... and I'm the one who used the ban hammer here... so I don't understand what the argentinian flag has to do with it in the first place?

If you wanted to make a joke about it, you should of pulled up a Belgian flag instead... that would atleast make it accurate... now you just look stupid cuz you pull up a flag of argentina which has nothing to do with me at all, cuz I'm not from argentina, never been there either... so there's no relation at all... so I don't get the joke O.o

how gonna get FH if no 1 plays and the unique ppl who play cant kill ? Like i said and past quotes " its the same situation of Nemesis arg and nemesis 2 in the end" good things and bad choices staff do .