Sign in to follow this  
Solrav

Hello Again Nemesis

Well I have been gone a long a while and am coming back to check up on things around here.

Hows elvine hanging?

Any of my old peeps still in elv?

Town balance is better or worse?

Just curious, as I may decide to come back and play some.

EWWW NVM, i logged ingame to find only 67 players, damn this server has died.

This attitude is why it got so low in the first place. No one actually cares about your standards for a server.

There are minimal afkers at this point so if you actually played for a second you'd find a lot of fights with 67 online.

This attitude is why it got so low in the first place. No one actually cares about your standards for a server.

There are minimal afkers at this point so if you actually played for a second you'd find a lot of fights with 67 online.

It didnt get that low because of the attitude I just posed about. I was here for launch and participated in all of the beta as well. What caused the loss of players was staffs failure to act on issues that were severe that at the time they thought people were just crying about. I loved nemesis during nem 2, but sad to say nem 3 has failed. I have nvr in my life seen a private server that is this established lose 70% of its players in less than 6 months. So obviously, there were many issues that were failed to be taken care of in enough time to make people want to stay.

Well a lot of good fights today even though aresden lost....shouldn't be so hopeless the server still has a lot of active players. Any server will have loss of population because people realize grinding takes too much of their time and real life gets neglected, but what matters is that nemesis does not wipe for at least 5 years and people always come back and play. Olympia has even running for a max of 2 years and what we've seen is already a wipe that may very well soon be happening....don't lose hope we just hope gms make the right things to populate server.

Edited by fyw721

Well a lot of good fights today even though aresden lost....shouldn't be so hopeless the server still has a lot of active players. Any server will have loss of population because people realize grinding takes too much of their time and real life gets neglected, but what matters is that nemesis does not wipe for at least 5 years and people always come back and play. Olympia has even running for a max of 2 years and what we've seen is already a wipe that may very well soon be happening....don't lose hope we just hope gms make the right things to populate server.

You are right, servers do lose numerous people after launch, but this isnt why again if you really want me to point what caused the bulk of the player loss here it goes.

1. Town imbalance was terrible, and staff moved the wrong choice of guilds to aresden, that really meesed up town balance. To my understanding they have been trying to fix that, and have exfered other guilds back and forth, but really now is to late.

2. Many of people were upset about various issues involving MiM at server launch saying it was too powerful a spell to be available to players at the start of a fresh server or other various thing i.e. Spell radius, ability to hit thru pfm etc etc Even after all of these complaints ingame AND on forums, nothing was done.

3. Invulnerability buff change instead of normal safe zones. Many complained about that, and it took many months for it to finally get changed, but still too little too late.

4. Many of players were banned, forum accs locked, perma muted ingame for expressing their opinion about things they thought were really messed up from the above listed. Most the staff at first just blew these complaints off as people whinning about change, but in all actuality, here we are, 200+ players gone.

5. The actions that were shown from the total of all above listed things made the other players who didnt quit already, or were banned feel like the only thing Nemesis 3 is was a money racket and by the time staff finally did start to try to fix things, everybody left.

6. Then we have the last bit of players who left. these are the players who were constantly worried about the overall stability and player base of Nemesis 3. Die hard HB players who are oldschool don't like to be called whinners or cryers when we know that the issue we are complaining about was an issue that originally started out as a suggestion but was blown completely off like nobody cared. So of course, after we get an idea about something that needs to be fixed cause its completely broken and nothing is done, the players will bitch.

Again, nobody is trash talking 1 single person, or staff, or GM or anything. It was the entire fault of Nemesis in itself. If nemesis 3 would have just wiped Nemesis 2 and launched that SAME exact server, Everybody woulda been competely happy with the way it was. Sometimes change is bad, and until coders realize this is certain cases, we will continue to see failing servers.

Edit to also add this last thing. the loss of Hunter REALLY also affected Nemesis 3. Hunter was Nemesis, he made the BEST events, was the best at player relations, and was an overall great staff member and person in general.

Edited by Solrav

You are right, servers do lose numerous people after launch, but this isnt why again if you really want me to point what caused the bulk of the player loss here it goes.

1. Town imbalance was terrible, and staff moved the wrong choice of guilds to aresden, that really meesed up town balance. To my understanding they have been trying to fix that, and have exfered other guilds back and forth, but really now is to late.

2. Many of people were upset about various issues involving MiM at server launch saying it was too powerful a spell to be available to players at the start of a fresh server or other various thing i.e. Spell radius, ability to hit thru pfm etc etc Even after all of these complaints ingame AND on forums, nothing was done.

3. Invulnerability buff change instead of normal safe zones. Many complained about that, and it took many months for it to finally get changed, but still too little too late.

4. Many of players were banned, forum accs locked, perma muted ingame for expressing their opinion about things they thought were really messed up from the above listed. Most the staff at first just blew these complaints off as people whinning about change, but in all actuality, here we are, 200+ players gone.

5. The actions that were shown from the total of all above listed things made the other players who didnt quit already, or were banned feel like the only thing Nemesis 3 is was a money racket and by the time staff finally did start to try to fix things, everybody left.

6. Then we have the last bit of players who left. these are the players who were constantly worried about the overall stability and player base of Nemesis 3. Die hard HB players who are oldschool don't like to be called whinners or cryers when we know that the issue we are complaining about was an issue that originally started out as a suggestion but was blown completely off like nobody cared. So of course, after we get an idea about something that needs to be fixed cause its completely broken and nothing is done, the players will bitch.

Again, nobody is trash talking 1 single person, or staff, or GM or anything. It was the entire fault of Nemesis in itself. If nemesis 3 would have just wiped Nemesis 2 and launched that SAME exact server, Everybody woulda been competely happy with the way it was. Sometimes change is bad, and until coders realize this is certain cases, we will continue to see failing servers.

Edit to also add this last thing. the loss of Hunter REALLY also affected Nemesis 3. Hunter was Nemesis, he made the BEST events, was the best at player relations, and was an overall great staff member and person in general.

In before white says "lol I'd 2030 you if what you said mattered"

@Solrav:

1. True, we have been messing on balance... If we didn't, you'd still be crying or left already... So what's the choice? not mess -> you leave... mess -> 50% chance you leave... so we messed and took a risk... in your opinion a wrong move, yet in the end the move made no difference as that guild no longer plays. A second move was done recently that's also true, we're still measuring the balance there as it takes time to settle anyway. Along with that the safe-zones got back which also affects population. We'll see soon how balance is, and if needed we'll mess it again...

2. A poll was made, the community voted for change, yet the majority of votes say don't change it... so we listened, and didn't change it as voted.

3. Everyone complains about everything, there is always complainers. The change in it will not make any difference in population at all, although the community sees it as "the golden egg" which'll fix everything. I have yet to see that...

4. I don't know where you got such info, but there are only 17 permanently banned accounts, of which 3 are for using fake GM name, 4 are for item theft, 1 is for cursing staff, and 9 are for EK laming... I don't know who we did wrong, but all are legit bans for legit reasons where rules are offended lol...

5. Again, get your figures right, I just summed up the bans, none of them I recall being done for reasons you could argue. All were clearly proven violations of the rules.

6. The majority of changes the community voted for are made, that MiM didn't make it is cuz the community voted to not change it.

7. You're not trash talking anyone, but half of your info is wrong and "it's Nemesis fault" does trash talk Nemesis, and the Admins are Nemesis, so you're trash talking us.

@Omish: The way Solrav talks is totally different from the way you talked...

@Solrav:

1. True, we have been messing on balance... If we didn't, you'd still be crying or left already... So what's the choice? not mess -> you leave... mess -> 50% chance you leave... so we messed and took a risk... in your opinion a wrong move, yet in the end the move made no difference as that guild no longer plays. A second move was done recently that's also true, we're still measuring the balance there as it takes time to settle anyway. Along with that the safe-zones got back which also affects population. We'll see soon how balance is, and if needed we'll mess it again...

2. A poll was made, the community voted for change, yet the majority of votes say don't change it... so we listened, and didn't change it as voted.

3. Everyone complains about everything, there is always complainers. The change in it will not make any difference in population at all, although the community sees it as "the golden egg" which'll fix everything. I have yet to see that...

4. I don't know where you got such info, but there are only 17 permanently banned accounts, of which 3 are for using fake GM name, 4 are for item theft, 1 is for cursing staff, and 9 are for EK laming... I don't know who we did wrong, but all are legit bans for legit reasons where rules are offended lol...

5. Again, get your figures right, I just summed up the bans, none of them I recall being done for reasons you could argue. All were clearly proven violations of the rules.

6. The majority of changes the community voted for are made, that MiM didn't make it is cuz the community voted to not change it.

7. You're not trash talking anyone, but half of your info is wrong and "it's Nemesis fault" does trash talk Nemesis, and the Admins are Nemesis, so you're trash talking us.

@Omish: The way Solrav talks is totally different from the way you talked...

You may be right Joris. Its just really hard for me to come up with a solid answer for why nem 3 lost as many players as it did. When it launched it seemed promising, not saying it still isnt. But in all actuality, I really think the change from Nem 2 is what did it overall. I appreciate you actually listening to my critism rather than banning my forum acc. Like i said, i wasnt trying to bash on anybody, but it being " Nemesis fault" is really the only blame we can throw cause the players really arnt at fault for some of the issues that happened. Overall, you guys did a bangup job with nem 2, I really dont understand why nem 3 launch was HUGE and then flopped shortly after. I have nvr seen this happen on any promissing server.

I know many of players want things sugar coated and handed to them, I will not argue that. I was just wishing you guys the best at launch and it seemed to backfire for various reasons.

Edited by Solrav

I didnt read all you said, but your second post was already a failure and an stupid attitude. Keep those kind of shit for yourself and not to make this situation worst, because theres ppl wasting their to make it better. If you dont want to play just logout and stfu.

I didnt read all you said, but your second post was already a failure and an stupid attitude. Keep those kind of shit for yourself and not to make this situation worst, because theres ppl wasting their to make it better. If you dont want to play just logout and stfu.

It's shit talking trash attitude players like you Dual why people dont want to play helbreath anymore. you people have ruined any kind of sportsmanship or honor in the game. your prob not even old enough to remember helbreath like I did. Before hero armors were even invented, and people actually had respect for others opinions.

Yeah, blame on me, the one who kept playing.

Not you in general, your type of player. The trash talking, no respect for others, flamming and trolling player. Nobody wants to play with these types.

First week we had 300+.

50% of people leave in first week because they have some memory of helbreath that is actually fake memory because so much time has passed since they played, they see all nostalgic good 'end game' in their mind, and forget how much work involved in getting lvl, ek's, and items. Also some play a week or two and have their fill of hb, even if they like the game they feel again time to move on (some from this group come back again time to time, just not very regular player)

Retaining the last 50% was possible, but for some people their circumstances may change; like new job or more school, so a few here and there leave after few weeks/months. Also some people fall out in game and these bad player-player relationships can make people leave sometimes, all these things are out of the hands of GM's, but if some key people quit, especially those seen as community leaders, they really can cause a snowball of a few more leaving, then others losing friends start to be bored and leave also.

So I think around 150-180 was the 'best scenario' outcome, and a few months into the server we had 120-140 every day which was very close to that, so good job GM's in that respect.

Remember helbreath is not a high growth game, so your best growth period is very early in the server when people are hearing about it and coming to check it out. This means very few new people are joining after the first month, maybe only 1-2 a week. In normal operation of a hb server there tend to be low growth unless a competing server shuts down and the overflow emigrates to you.

The question remains, what happened between the days when we had ~120 on maybe 4-6 weeks ago, and now. Well there is the people who were moved to balance the server having some amount of backfire, but for many people they just used the upset mood as an excuse to leave when they might not have before. In this respect I must acknowledge white[gm] original idea was maybe in hindsight the best: get involved as little as possible in server management and stick to building better source code - letting community sort out the balance. Sometimes doing nothing lets players think they do not matter tho, so in this case he was screwed if he did nothing also.

Enough people have stuck the knife in by criticizing whites decision, so I don't want to add to that because we don't know if anyone else suggestion would have been better for sure. What I will say is that FNDA made an offer to move a small group who already worked well in a team. This suggestion proved popular, but after this suggestion was made moha chose to hijack the public support that original suggestion had by first agreeing with it and then changing the central condition of the move, and perhaps unfairly used his influence with the staff to some degree to get his entire guild moved, which was much bigger and formed a central party of aresdens force. Very little public support was shown from members outside that guild but the staff did not correctly *spam*yse that aspect at the time. In this case I'm 100% sure White does not make such big decisions on his own, farjat must have been informed of these things and under his supervision he authorised this move, so white cannot be held solely responsible. All the people who want to flame white constantly in the forum should have some balls and flame farjat and moha as well.

That said, moha is a superb player and one of the most experienced players we have in this community, as well as being very knowledgeable about the game. I still feel he was the best choice for GM the staff could have made, and he has committed a lot of his own time to GM duties, more so than some of the other old players could have reasonably done.

It's shit talking trash attitude players like you Dual why people dont want to play helbreath anymore. you people have ruined any kind of sportsmanship or honor in the game. your prob not even old enough to remember helbreath like I did. Before hero armors were even invented, and people actually had respect for others opinions.

You're DEFINETELY wrong pal, Du4L a.k.a. Marcos is a straight up devote to the well-being of the server from years and years back, you misunderstood his attitude towards the actual server situation (which is coming along well at least if we can say, getting better) and your words on your 2nd post. There are a bunch of trashtalkers, trollers and flammers out there but only a few honourable and respectful fistful of players and they're those who are still playing and keeping Nemesis 3 alive so please wash your mouth before judging, observe the general area prior-posting. Welcome back and regards!

Edited by alkaholik

First week we had 300+.

50% of people leave in first week because they have some memory of helbreath that is actually fake memory because so much time has passed since they played, they see all nostalgic good 'end game' in their mind, and forget how much work involved in getting lvl, ek's, and items. Also some play a week or two and have their fill of hb, even if they like the game they feel again time to move on (some from this group come back again time to time, just not very regular player)

Retaining the last 50% was possible, but for some people their circumstances may change; like new job or more school, so a few here and there leave after few weeks/months. Also some people fall out in game and these bad player-player relationships can make people leave sometimes, all these things are out of the hands of GM's, but if some key people quit, especially those seen as community leaders, they really can cause a snowball of a few more leaving, then others losing friends start to be bored and leave also.

So I think around 150-180 was the 'best scenario' outcome, and a few months into the server we had 120-140 every day which was very close to that, so good job GM's in that respect.

Remember helbreath is not a high growth game, so your best growth period is very early in the server when people are hearing about it and coming to check it out. This means very few new people are joining after the first month, maybe only 1-2 a week. In normal operation of a hb server there tend to be low growth unless a competing server shuts down and the overflow emigrates to you.

The question remains, what happened between the days when we had ~120 on maybe 4-6 weeks ago, and now. Well there is the people who were moved to balance the server having some amount of backfire, but for many people they just used the upset mood as an excuse to leave when they might not have before. In this respect I must acknowledge white[gm] original idea was maybe in hindsight the best: get involved as little as possible in server management and stick to building better source code - letting community sort out the balance. Sometimes doing nothing lets players think they do not matter tho, so in this case he was screwed if he did nothing also.

Enough people have stuck the knife in by criticizing whites decision, so I don't want to add to that because we don't know if anyone else suggestion would have been better for sure. What I will say is that FNDA made an offer to move a small group who already worked well in a team. This suggestion proved popular, but after this suggestion was made moha chose to hijack the public support that original suggestion had by first agreeing with it and then changing the central condition of the move, and perhaps unfairly used his influence with the staff to some degree to get his entire guild moved, which was much bigger and formed a central party of aresdens force. Very little public support was shown from members outside that guild but the staff did not correctly *spam*yse that aspect at the time. In this case I'm 100% sure White does not make such big decisions on his own, farjat must have been informed of these things and under his supervision he authorised this move, so white cannot be held solely responsible. All the people who want to flame white constantly in the forum should have some balls and flame farjat and moha as well.

That said, moha is a superb player and one of the most experienced players we have in this community, as well as being very knowledgeable about the game. I still feel he was the best choice for GM the staff could have made, and he has committed a lot of his own time to GM duties, more so than some of the other old players could have reasonably done.

LMFAO they made sergio a GM? not saying he cant do the job. Me and sergio have been friends since oldschool HBusa days. He is VERY informative when it comes to helbreath knowledge I am glad they actually gave somebody worth a damn a position. That being said, and a large congrats sergio, I will reply to alks post.

I didnt say Dual was a player like I described. I said that the addition of flammer, trash talkers, and disrespectful people has completely detoured anybody who was used to helbreath like it was. HBusa days, playing with Quantum and 420man in aresden and DaMage. these were the kind of people that brought respect to the player to player relations that all of us old die hard HB players remember and enjoyed. Now, with that being said, at some point in time after the invention of the helbreath private server, along came the 8-12 year old immature asshats who do nothing but troll all day. Nothing gets done about this trolling, trash talking, flamming, and THAT in itself detours any of the people who made Helbreath what it was in its glory days back to the scene.

I enjoy a good Helbreath game, Nemesis 2 was a perfect server, is stayed large for a very long time, Olympia was also another perfect server stay large as well way past launch. So what exactly did those 2 servers have that nem 3 doesnt? Who knows, but i am always open to suggestions. you cant say that its an entirely old game and it has died off so nobody plays. Runescape for example, maple story for example, minecraft as well. All just as old, but still pulling LARGE amounts of players. So the game being old is not an excuse. the only thing I can conclude that causes the problem is, too much change (besides exp rates) Too many trolls, and players with no respect. that in itself is what I think is causing the downfall of Helbreath.

I think the reason that Olympia had such a large following for a long time is the same reason that it is dead now and in need of a wipe. They have a higher drop rate than this server. It motivated people to stay and hunt because they know they'll get a few armor drops while lvling for sure. Instead of the possibility of 1 ns armor drop in 3 majs like I seem to get here. But that also caused an enormous gap in items from people who had been playing for an extended period of time and the new people coming in. It almost makes 0 sense to go play oly at this point unless you buy items or get a lucky day 1 drop. Because even the no skilled players will have an above average set of gear if they've been there long enough. I think nem needs to adapt a drop rate between what it has now and olys. One where you can be confident that your work has a chance to pay off, but one that won't cause the whole server to gear up at an alarming rate making it impossible for new players to come in

up exp plz-

armor drop is fine

Completely agree, i think it should be fast leveling to 180, maybe not instant. But it should not take 2-5 days to max a char depending what day of the week you start, and if its raid day or not. Arguing that you can purchase level up tickets from cash shop is not a valid argument. nobody wants to spend money or invest in a server that after they actually hit 180 they dont want to play anymore. Technically, either the grind detours new players or after 180 does. You shouldnt make 2 obstacles to have to hurdle over.

Edited by Solrav

My points of why nemesis 3 lost so many players are the same as some ppl had mentioned already:

1- First drop been really bad, while second drop is so farking alarming. << My honest idea is that second drops makes the game imbalance.

2- Exp is really bad. Ppl dont want to spend months and months lving a char to enjoy the game.

3- Invulnerability system (i have no words to describe how bad this was).

4- MIM buyable at shop ? OMG!!! no more words.