Sign in to follow this  
DuaL

Saving Nemesis

As everybody noticed, nemesis has been losing players each day, despite the GM efforts to make it better. I dont feel like just quit and let nemesis over, since i like this server (and helbreath) too much to let this happen.

I thought about some solutions, and i will put 3 of them down here to try to recover players as fast as possible, before its too late. If ppl dont agree its fine, its only some suggestions:

1)Make barracks until 180 (by this i mean easy 180 to each new player joining nemesis). We dont need pl raiders at this nemesis moment.

2)Get back to d3d4 quests done one after other (by this i mean easy majs to each nem 180 player).

3)Take out invulnerability and get back to normal safe spots (by this those players who quit because of it might be back, and i doubt any1 playing now would quit due this change).

After those solutions we can think about new ones and discuss it, like: adding new GMs to staff to make random stones prize events, balancing town etc.

I hope those solutions get implemented (if ppl agree those are good solutions) as soon as possible, and when they done, SEND AN EMAIL TO ALL PLAYERS DATABASE INFORMING ABOUT IT. It wont hurt any of nemesis playing style.

Thank You

Edited by DuaL

If any1 could help translating this topic to other nemesis players language, mainly spanish, i guess it would help a lot gathering ppl opinion.

Thank You

Invul needs to go. It's a great Idea on paper, but in practice it's just people map change spamming till invul and recalling. There also needs to be some sort of incentive for new players, I know only very few have "mass" gear, but most players who've been here since start have enough of a head start that a new player will never catch up, unless they get a lucky 2nd drop. And who will want to come play a dead server to grind solo for majs and armor? I don't mind it sometimes, but I'm not the majority

Exactly my point. No1 will come back playing, even those who played for some time and quit, unless they got some incentive.

In my opinion, if you apply easy barracks, eventually new players will join and fights will start happening. It may lure the old players back. Implementing back d3d4 without 3 hours interruption will make easy dk15, which doesnt mage huge difference in sever balance and for sure make you ready and safe for fights, getting to the same result of easy barracks.

About invu, i couldnt agree more with you. It seems a great idea on paper, but the experience didnt show the same, so it has to go. Its not time for sticking in non work ideas (some ppl already said they quit due invu), because a change is necessary as fast as possible. We gotta try all before theres not enough time even for trying anything.

Thank You

Invul needs to go. It's a great Idea on paper, but in practice it's just people map change spamming till invul and recalling. There also needs to be some sort of incentive for new players, I know only very few have "mass" gear, but most players who've been here since start have enough of a head start that a new player will never catch up, unless they get a lucky 2nd drop. And who will want to come play a dead server to grind solo for majs and armor? I don't mind it sometimes, but I'm not the majority

That's an interesting flaw you got there... Keep changing map back and forth until invul to then recall?

Can be solved simply by resetting the invul timer on each map change. So if you got damaged, change map, timer sets back to 10 sec. wait 3 sec (timer is now 7 sec left for invul on change). You tp again, timer resets again to 10 sec.

This will prevent map-change-spam and favours the fight as changing maps will not save your *censored*.

That's an interesting flaw you got there... Keep changing map back and forth until invul to then recall?

Can be solved simply by resetting the invul timer on each map change. So if you got damaged, change map, timer sets back to 10 sec. wait 3 sec (timer is now 7 sec left for invul on change). You tp again, timer resets again to 10 sec.

This will prevent map-change-spam and favours the fight as changing maps will not save your *censored*.

All this invul talks gets me bored and I read it with such dullness. Please remove.

I got your point, White.

Its logical and might work, but the problem is that ppl already dont like invulnerability at all.

I dont think ppl would come back to try a new "invu mode", if you know what i mean. Thats why i suggestioned by just taking it out. Its radical and will get back those player who quit due it.

Helbreath players still playing a 15 year old game because they like it the way it was, and any harsh game style change, without community support, wouldnt last. Thats what happened with invu, despite being a good idea.

Of course changes need to be made, but some of them need to be well thought before happens.

Thank You

I think the GMs need make something , becouse all people are quiting at the moment , if this not change in 1 mouth no more people on at nemesis 3

I got your point, White.

Its logical and might work, but the problem is that ppl already dont like invulnerability at all.

I dont think ppl would come back to try a new "invu mode", if you know what i mean. Thats why i suggestioned by just taking it out. Its radical and will get back those player who quit due it.

Helbreath players still playing a 15 year old game because they like it the way it was, and any harsh game style change, without community support, wouldnt last. Thats what happened with invu, despite being a good idea.

Of course changes need to be made, but some of them need to be well thought before happens.

Thank You

It is a well thought change that has been in the pipeline for more than a year as with MANY if not ALL of our updates. When I first talk about them in-game to people with common sense everyone is all excited about it... It then moves into development which can take up a lot of time, and often I talk again and again about the idea to re-evaluate the excitement as well as discuss about it in staff room, suggestions forum and directly with farjat. If it's still a viable idea it'll make it to actual development and gets made and brought to the game.

It's only ever since nemesis 3 started that people complain on the idea of invulnerability, drop rate and exp rate while in fact we addressed all of these and heard opinions already. You can't expect to click create char and be 180 on first login, kill your first slime and get HP91, MP91, MR91, SB, z-wand and some crazy *censored* necklace and ring from its corpse! That's EXACTLY what you're asking for, you want ZERO effort to get the BEST OF THE BEST things in the game within seconds after character creation. If everyone has the same items, nothing changes and all will be equal and only skill matters. It's the SAME at the current moment, NOBODY HAS ITEMS, so only SKILL matters now... you just don't look as fancy cuz you don't have a z-wand graphic or sb blade on your hands.

I got your point, White.

Thank You

It is a well thought change that has been in the pipeline for more than a year as with MANY if not ALL of our updates. When I first talk about them in-game to people with common sense everyone is all excited about it... It then moves into development which can take up a lot of time, and often I talk again and again about the idea to re-evaluate the excitement as well as discuss about it in staff room, suggestions forum and directly with farjat. If it's still a viable idea it'll make it to actual development and gets made and brought to the game.

It's only ever since nemesis 3 started that people complain on the idea of invulnerability, drop rate and exp rate while in fact we addressed all of these and heard opinions already. You can't expect to click create char and be 180 on first login, kill your first slime and get HP91, MP91, MR91, SB, z-wand and some crazy *censored* necklace and ring from its corpse! That's EXACTLY what you're asking for, you want ZERO effort to get the BEST OF THE BEST things in the game within seconds after character creation. If everyone has the same items, nothing changes and all will be equal and only skill matters. It's the SAME at the current moment, NOBODY HAS ITEMS, so only SKILL matters now... you just don't look as fancy cuz you don't have a z-wand graphic or sb blade on your hands.

Remove invul please..

But now that youre here, please give me your opinion on the thread I created in the suggestion tab.

Edited by YUCK

I know the effort you used to produce it, and as i said before, the idea is great, but just didnt fit in game.

You cant take all helbreath players as racional open minded people, because not of them (including me in some points) are.

Some players just want to whine and do not express their ideas with arguments.

Im trying my best on here to show the benefits of removing it, despite seem a good idea. If you remove it i would say no harm would be done and no1 will quit, but keeping it, even with changes, wouldnt lure any other player. They will just come back if they see it removed, they dont want to know about arguments or anything else. Thats what i think, for now.

Edited by DuaL

Safe zones was created for lower level players... For instance, like ML.. people can run back to safe even if other players talk shit. Invul is just protecting them for the mean time but people can spike to get around this issue and eventually you can kill players. Players alone being raided by a pack of 5-15 players would rather safe and recall. Also, if the 5-15 pack of people couldn't kill one person before he safe then the group failed to EK someone.

I would suggest safe zones than invulnerability. The intent of players hunting in contested areas should always keep in my mind that they can get killed but at the same time they have a safe zone to run to in a map. Players that go in n out of tp points are just prolonging the point that they are trying to safe and if they safe... other players end up hating this invulnerability. Think we are making good suggestions in these topics.

Esta era una de las razones por la cual los playera se quejaban mucho. Ya la saco según un post q recien armó White. Hay varios motivos más por lo que la gente no juega y una de ellas y la más nombrada es el drop rate. La mayoría de harapos kiteo por pasar meses enteros matando ettins y/o cualquier bicho para conseguir un item o rare y solo consiguió oro. Meses matando y se lo pueden decir los pocos ons que quedamos en harapeko.

No pedimos un sv fruta, solo pedimos un poco más de rate en los drops. Un abrazo

I got your point, White.

Thank You

We aren't asking for free rates. We're asking for a server with more people playing than are sitting at the bar at 1pm on a Tuesday.

You can't expect to click create char and be 180 on first login, kill your first slime and get HP91, MP91, MR91, SB, z-wand and some crazy *censored* necklace and ring from its corpse! That's EXACTLY what you're asking for, you want ZERO effort to get the BEST OF THE BEST things in the game within seconds after character creation. If everyone has the same items, nothing changes and all will be equal and only skill matters. It's the SAME at the current moment, NOBODY HAS ITEMS, so only SKILL matters now... you just don't look as fancy cuz you don't have a z-wand graphic or sb blade on your hands.

Lollllllll. In White's mind there is nothing between Nemesis's current attributes and """ZERO EFFORT, INSTANT180, HPMPMR91, SB, Z-WAND. THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT THE PEOPLE WHO CAME TO NEMESIS INSTEAD OF SOME FRUIT SERVER ARE ASKING FOR EXACTLY!!! HURRRRRRRRRR"

There's literally nothing in between those two types of servers!!!! NOTHING!!! HB NEM is ONE step away from HPMPMR91, SB, z-wand, INSTANT180, ETC!!!!""

Get a grip, dude.