Sign in to follow this  
Om1sh

A List Of Changes That Would Be Nice

most of these are small/have been done elsewhere, but add up to a better game play

1. List eks current/total on f5 screen

- so say you have 100 eks, then once you take a berk you have 0, with the change it will say 0/100

2. Make /to /rep NON case sensitve, maybe leave /tgt so thats not so easy

- example /to gloryhole will work just as well as /to GLORYHOLE

3. Take away party limit, maybe have a set reduction or w/e for any party over 16.. but there should be no reason why during a summon event/etc there has to be serveral parties. maybe nerf party quests for parties over 16 a certain way to avoid "laming" quests somehow, open to suggestions on that for sure

4. Take out DK.....i know, i know...hear me out. Warriors claim there is nothing they can do to mages and they are so OP..untill they get gear... but if everyone is DK-less warriors have the same chance at "bursting" down mages as mages do to warriors. It will make manu worth-while past the manu bbh (wich i dont believe anyone has even bothered to do to my knowledge) and will make fights a more fast-paced fun thing. It has been done in certain other servers, and worked out quite well. It will also require more teamwork for certain pits, seeing as you arent some unkillable god in trolls/ww lol.

5. Take away /blockexp. OR make another PL-type map where when you type /plraider or something that isnt open to random new players who are trying to level. i believe even if this stops 1 person from quitting because they cant lvl in pl without being destroyed by "career plers" it would be completely worth-while

6. Make EKS obtainable only from 140+ while at lvl 180, or maybe 160, or 120, or something...theres no reason you should be able to obtain a large chunk of a hero set from orc/scorp pits... I'm guilty of it aswell from time to time, but thats how the server is set up currently

7. Make Civs able to enter EF/RH DV/SW Garden... and maybe higher lvl limit to 160 or so, as an elv, i can understand a lot of players frustration at being unable to lvl during the weekend. I'm all for the fact that this is a war game and you should fight for your spot... but theres no reason in my eyes while civilians shouldnt be able to enter thier own town's maps.

8. Im a HUGE fan of the STR req for shields that has been suggested by other players, it would completely change the economy for all the low-end shields that no one cares about, and will balance out mages for the crybaby wars

9. This one is a large one that would probably take a lot of coding/time to implement possibly, but i would love to see a long-term or even permanent Scavenger type event going on in the server. Making items from not-often hunting monsters, hh parts/ant parts/demon/uni/etc. where the rewards would be 14/21 % mp items, possibly bound so they dont flood the market and ruin the value of drops. Some sort of incentive for the unlucky players where they can work hard for a month-2 gathering parts and gaining possible drops from those monsters, and walking away with a 21% set would increase game play. I would love to see this be a challenging event, not something someone could go from 0-21% set in a week of normal play. Im all for "SAY NO TO HB EASY MODE" but something small like that to help out would probably greatly increase the moral of players who hunt for months on end with no luck :P

i know a lot of people wont agree with some of these, and a few of these are far from "ZOMG TOP PRIORITY" type updates, but it would all add to slightly more enjoyable game play and longevity i think.

these are my 2 cents, open to criticism and ideas from all! :P

DK was always meant to be end game item, it's main use was to enable hunting the big monsters that you simply couldn't do with other armor because it was too weak or broke too quickly. DK is entirely designed for PvM/E.

140 for ek would allow for "career pler" but would stop the lame shit that drives players away like scorp hero. Any higher and you risk making characters who can get eks reasonably reliably in free play but can't give them.

Garden as civ is good, but not SW since it has higher level monsters like ettin and mg, and ofcourse dungeon must not be civ because too many small paths that could be blocked with civs trapping players. A higher level limit of 140-160 would also be nice for civ so you can get some strength before people start to hunt you.

I also agree with scripted scav quest for bound armor. A great way to reward hard, but unlucky, workers.

as for warrior "cry babies", I think most mage players don't even realise the advantage they have, in the same way a rich person doesn't understand why the poor aren't rich, or will try to blame the poor for their own problems. Warriors aren't always as good as they should be, warrior takes much more skill to master than mage and that's counter intuitive since whacking stuff sounds simpler than casting spells, but playing a mage is in fact much more forgiving to low skill players. It's literally a sword vs cannon situation, in most cases you'd pick the cannon because even tho its design is complicated, its quite easy to use and makes you powerful, but only skilled person would be more effective with the sword because it's not limited by ammunition, or cumbersome, and can be more versatile if used correctly.

It's kind of backwards because people think "sure i'll be a warrior, high armor rating and decent focus damage so I won't die easily and i'll kill stuff", but infact - in helbreath - that is what the mage is. It's strange that every other game uses armor rating to mean "this protects from everything XX% or XX points" (unless some kind of special armor) but some things have armor ignore/penetration, in hb such a thing doesn't exist, but everyone starts the game with DR and PA but no MR or MA. If you feel that 100 mr in a skill is unfair then feel free to delete that skill and add the same amount of mr and ma to dk is it has dr and pa. Default damage and DPS is quite close between mage and warrior when there are naked without items face to face, so its not a question of raping.

The guiding principal is that warriors are effective close up, mages are effective at distance. Both can do a bit of the other but not very well, and while one can be easily interrupted, the other has a decent chance to miss.

Beyond that, mages are area of effect (splash damage), warriors are single target, and while warriors can have physical effects like armor and shield breaking (good at weakening near by enemy), mages have magic effects like MIM and freeze (good at keeping enemy at a distance).

Edited by Juno_NH

Honestly here on nem is probably the first place I've seen warriors cry soooo hard about mages. Simple hb fact is no gear war va no gear Mage, Mage wins every time. That's just how it's allways been. And so of course early on in the server when people don't have full mr or ma sets they are gonna die easily. But you know what? This is a team game. Mages are only able to do as much damage as your team allows them to do. Don't blame mages being op of you've got all your warriors clicking the one Mage not casting, and all your mages are too busy spamming blizz on amped targets to throw you an amp. The biggest thing on this server is not "zomg Mages so op" it's "omg I want eks *censored* support" learn to work as a team and its a completely different game

Why do you call these observations 'crying'? I'm not complaining or saying someone is to blame, I'm telling you how it is and your only defence is to try and reduce the argument to insult the way I informed you. What drives this hostility? You've already suggested that team work is key, but your solution is to chase people individually and not group together targeting a single person? How is that going to work when you just said one on one a mage should win?

I suspect there is little in this game that you could teach me, so asking me to "learn" things is pretty condescending friend.

1.) No party limit; that's a given

2.) No /blockexp, as I suggested in State of HB Nem, pl raiders are detrimental to the server.

3.) ARESDEN Garden or ELVINE Garden are town maps, as well as DV/RH/EF/SW. Of course these should be Civ accessible

4.) higher STR requirements for shields, of course.

1: cant clearly understand why u need a //// in the ek counter.

2: yessss! but keep the sensitive case for /tgt + /pf

3: i could agree on upgrading the party max cap until 20, but not infinite party members coz it can be abused in some ways..

4: if manu wasnt so hard to lvl up yes that would be a good option, that or decreasing ONLY A LITTLE BIT the pa % for dk armours, DR of them is ok for me

5: i think not...PL raiders / hunters need sometimes a totally safe place from 180's and if they want to keep training or raiding there just let them, otherwise it could decrease the sv population

6: if you're 140+ get eks starting from lvl 90-100 chars ( kinda average overall stats)

if you're 180 get eks from 150 chars+ :)

7: well, if they train there on mondays tuesdays and wednesdays they cant get raided becouse of the little raidtime i guess, on raid days they could train somewhere else but i kinda agree in some parts of this argument

8: yeeeeeeah, make mages look like MAGES, i mean ITS A TOWER SHIELD and a mage can wear it with so low str lol make the game more real

9: dunno if 21%... but 7-14% its a great go

Why do you call these observations 'crying'? I'm not complaining or saying someone is to blame, I'm telling you how it is and your only defence is to try and reduce the argument to insult the way I informed you. What drives this hostility? You've already suggested that team work is key, but your solution is to chase people individually and not group together targeting a single person? How is that going to work when you just said one on one a mage should win?

I suspect there is little in this game that you could teach me, so asking me to "learn" things is pretty condescending friend.

dont quite see how i was hostile.

Not actually hostile to me but passively aggressive at warriors posts by only complaining about their tone, an implied hostility to the discussion in general.

i just never have understood how all the complaint about mim and how op mages are in general started just a few years ago. i dont know if it was how everyone had to play fruit servers where they could click mages all day long, and got used to that? i just dont understand. i never heard anyone complain about mim until the 1st legion..=\

5: i think not...PL raiders / hunters need sometimes a totally safe place from 180's and if they want to keep training or raiding there just let them, otherwise it could decrease the sv population

I don't understand what you're trying to say. "PL raiders / hunters".

hunters don't use /blockexp, they are trying to get 180 but PL raiders disrupt that. PL raiders need protection why? So they can kill new players over and over until they quit? PL Raiders contribute literally nothing to the game, you don't see them outside of Promiseland where they are scanning pits and keeping new people from getting 180 so they can contribute to the game.

Edited by ulez

Server is fine.

this guy makes pointless suggestions like a *censored*ing town flag hero ek weapon, gets shot down, then goes to legitimate concerns and says "this is dumb"

"this is dumb"

"this is dumb"

looool i love it :lol:

I never said anything was dumb of the suggested list mentioned above.

If the only thing dumb on here its you. But I digress.

This isnt a post meant for flaming.

My suggestion is good.

Anyhow,

Kshhthxbai

Edited by YUCK

hunters don't use /blockexp, they are trying to get 180 but PL raiders disrupt that. PL raiders need protection why? So they can kill new players over and over until they quit? PL Raiders contribute literally nothing to the game, you don't seem them outside of Promiseland where they are scanning pits and keeping new people from getting 180 so they can contribute to the game.

by PL hunters i meant ppl who want to farm for stated items by /blockexp coz they just randomly prefer PL than the outside world (which i dont like) maybe they just want to get some basic gear before reaching 180 and not only having the dk set and weapons that that moment (there are trolls and cycs at middle of pl)

i mean some pl hunters want just to hunt and grind for items there and other pl hunters are just passing by and they keep going for the 180 way :p

Edited by alkaholik

hunters don't use /blockexp, they are trying to get 180 but PL raiders disrupt that. PL raiders need protection why? So they can kill new players over and over until they quit? PL Raiders contribute literally nothing to the game, you don't seem them outside of Promiseland where they are scanning pits and keeping new people from getting 180 so they can contribute to the game.

by PL hunters i meant ppl who want to farm for stated items by /blockexp coz they just randomly prefer PL than the outside world (which i dont like) maybe they just want to get some basic gear before reaching 180 and not only having the dk set and weapons that that moment (there are trolls and cycs at middle of pl)

i mean some pl hunters want just to hunt and grind for items there and other pl hunters are just passing by and they keep going for the 180 way :P

Oh I didn't know people did that :P . Still, they should get 180 and contribute to the game.

This is what I don't like to see:

Q5Gjkm7.jpg