Sign in to follow this  
ulez

State Of Helbreath Nemesis

I have people saying drop is low and people saying its high.

And?

Rare drop rate too high.

Low statted drop rate too low.

Exactly as stated in the op. These are not contradictory statements.

same with exp

same with everything.

Thanks for the generalizations. Who's saying exp is too high?

Look I understand you guys have to read a lot, but I'm try to keep it concise so please actually read it.

Edited by ulez

White sorry to repeat this - but please could you just modify party quests so that anyone in the party who gets a kill of that type counts towards on your quest. It's really non-intuitive at the moment.

If my town has told me to kill 150 ice golem. Does it really matter if my friend has the quest. 150 dead ice golems is 150 dead ice golems. IF town has told him to kill 80 ice golems (because he is level 160 or something) does it really matter that I have to kill 150 (and that none of my kills count towards his?).

Adding this will make solo quests useless, you'd pick party quests and just go to a pit and hope "someone" is hunting there, party up and benefit from their effort. Now you have to think things through and make a GROUP to go hunt and complete a specific quest TOGETHER as a group. Town didn't tell him "kill 80 IG" cuz that would be solo quest, town told him "kill 80 IG with a party" which is totally different as the group aspect comes along, and a group must be united as one in order to complete the quest. (united as one as in fight for the same goal, aka having the same quest). If that is unclear for you, I'll gladly add a piece of text to each quest description saying this. "Fight united as on party with all having the same quest"

Yeah insult your few remaining players, that's clever. Actually, a lot of us pursued college degrees.

So White I see you misunderstood most of the points made.

• Yes, 7-28% rate hasn't been changed since v1.x. This isn't v1.x anymore. This is 10 years in the future and we've done the grinding a thousand times before. Don't take my word for it, just look at the sharp decrease of players.

• "Time-limit is the same as reduced exp". Try rallying a party through d3/d4, then garden, then icebound, then toh3, not that easy. Even if you were able to do this with parties as large as the old d3/d4 ones, you'd still have another 1.5 hours to wait. The addition of the time-limiter to d3/d4 is just lazy and insulting.

• Hunt for PA/MA shields and armors to counter DK weapons and BBH warriors - This has nothing to do with anything.

• go hunt for MP sets - What exactly do you think people are doing when they're online, standing in the warehouse?

• lucidity angel - I didn't even mention MIM, I made this thread to condense what is actually important and it's disrespectful for you to counter irrelevant suggestions in order to gain momentum. Besides the idea of finding and upgrading an angel as a valid adjustment to MIM is... comical.

My suggestions really wouldn't change the game very much or even be hard to do. The very reason I made this thread is to escape the overwhelming amount of suggestions pouring in, and focus on a few key points. Please be respectful and address this separately from the mass, extreme suggestions. Keep in mind my only intention is for the server to succeed.

1. Those rares themselves didn't change, the overall global primary drop rate has been increased over the years and has yet increased once more during the nemesis beta and hasn't been touched since then. So it STILL is an increased GLOBAL primary drop rate, but the individual rate to find a low %, med % or high % armor has NEVER EVER been touched. So complaining "low rate armors drop less" is invalid as it NEVER HAS BEEN TOUCHED.

2. True, rally through those different maps isn't easy, and it isn't meant to be easy. If it was meant to be easy you'd get The Power Ring on character creation. But you don't, so it's meant to be hard and challenging. If you're done early, re-take available quests and do them a second time until your all favorite D3/D4 quest run becomes available again.

3. Ppl complain mages are too weak against DK or BBH, it strips so much, it deals so much damage and I can't do shit cuz I run out of mana after 2 blizz... Go hunt for MP/PA sets I said simply because you lack items to fight them. They spent time hunting for majestics and stones to upgrade their shit... and you didn't do anything but complain. Go hunt!

4. What I think people do? Stand in WH and complain on forums. Because those who arn't in WH and arn't complaining are simply hunting their *censored* off because they know it's the only way to get all powerful. You're free to stand in WH and complain, but by the time a next big update comes with new stuff, you arn't even prepared, cuz you don't have items, then you complain again that the new update is "too hard". Go hunt, prepare yourselves!

5. Your thread goes about global complains on how you like HB banana to be, I globalize it for the entire community in my reply simply because in 1h from your post, there'll be another who does include the MiM aspect and repeats what you said because he read it in your topic. That's why I include it, to globalize and make sure I covered most aspects that want nemesis to change to hb banana. Donate me 100k USD and i'll make your HB banana within 1h from your donation.

same with exp

same with everything.

So we just do whatever WE want, to keep, at least, ourselfs happy!

Cause at the end only us will stay forever.

People always complain, regardless of which kind of change we make in any kind of direction. So WE make what WE want because WE are the only ones who will remain and be here for ever and ever. Every game has pros and cons, every game has people who cheer and people who cry... unfortunately nemesis only has a majority of crying people because I can count the number of cheering people on a single hand.

We set a global direction where we want to take the game, and depending on community input one thing gets done before another... (see PvE / PvP poll)

The first post just outlined how we can destroy Nemesis and make it into HB banana.

This pretty much explains it all... unfortunately I can't just write that down simply because people wouldn't accept it and go "why" as they can't see the obvious.

I understand where you are coming from White, people just need to keep calm and play on... as with Nem 2, it turned out fine...

But they aren't playing on.

White sorry to repeat this - but please could you just modify party quests so that anyone in the party who gets a kill of that type counts towards on your quest. It's really non-intuitive at the moment.

If my town has told me to kill 150 ice golem. Does it really matter if my friend has the quest. 150 dead ice golems is 150 dead ice golems. IF town has told him to kill 80 ice golems (because he is level 160 or something) does it really matter that I have to kill 150 (and that none of my kills count towards his?).

Adding this will make solo quests useless, you'd pick party quests and just go to a pit and hope "someone" is hunting there, party up and benefit from their effort. Now you have to think things through and make a GROUP to go hunt and complete a specific quest TOGETHER as a group. Town didn't tell him "kill 80 IG" cuz that would be solo quest, town told him "kill 80 IG with a party" which is totally different as the group aspect comes along, and a group must be united as one in order to complete the quest. (united as one as in fight for the same goal, aka having the same quest). If that is unclear for you, I'll gladly add a piece of text to each quest description saying this. "Fight united as on party with all having the same quest"

Yeah insult your few remaining players, that's clever. Actually, a lot of us pursued college degrees.

So White I see you misunderstood most of the points made.

• Yes, 7-28% rate hasn't been changed since v1.x. This isn't v1.x anymore. This is 10 years in the future and we've done the grinding a thousand times before. Don't take my word for it, just look at the sharp decrease of players.

• "Time-limit is the same as reduced exp". Try rallying a party through d3/d4, then garden, then icebound, then toh3, not that easy. Even if you were able to do this with parties as large as the old d3/d4 ones, you'd still have another 1.5 hours to wait. The addition of the time-limiter to d3/d4 is just lazy and insulting.

• Hunt for PA/MA shields and armors to counter DK weapons and BBH warriors - This has nothing to do with anything.

• go hunt for MP sets - What exactly do you think people are doing when they're online, standing in the warehouse?

• lucidity angel - I didn't even mention MIM, I made this thread to condense what is actually important and it's disrespectful for you to counter irrelevant suggestions in order to gain momentum. Besides the idea of finding and upgrading an angel as a valid adjustment to MIM is... comical.

My suggestions really wouldn't change the game very much or even be hard to do. The very reason I made this thread is to escape the overwhelming amount of suggestions pouring in, and focus on a few key points. Please be respectful and address this separately from the mass, extreme suggestions. Keep in mind my only intention is for the server to succeed.

1. Those rares themselves didn't change, the overall global primary drop rate has been increased over the years and has yet increased once more during the nemesis beta and hasn't been touched since then. So it STILL is an increased GLOBAL primary drop rate, but the individual rate to find a low %, med % or high % armor has NEVER EVER been touched. So complaining "low rate armors drop less" is invalid as it NEVER HAS BEEN TOUCHED.

2. True, rally through those different maps isn't easy, and it isn't meant to be easy. If it was meant to be easy you'd get The Power Ring on character creation. But you don't, so it's meant to be hard and challenging. If you're done early, re-take available quests and do them a second time until your all favorite D3/D4 quest run becomes available again.

3. Ppl complain mages are too weak against DK or BBH, it strips so much, it deals so much damage and I can't do shit cuz I run out of mana after 2 blizz... Go hunt for MP/PA sets I said simply because you lack items to fight them. They spent time hunting for majestics and stones to upgrade their shit... and you didn't do anything but complain. Go hunt!

4. What I think people do? Stand in WH and complain on forums. Because those who arn't in WH and arn't complaining are simply hunting their *censored* off because they know it's the only way to get all powerful. You're free to stand in WH and complain, but by the time a next big update comes with new stuff, you arn't even prepared, cuz you don't have items, then you complain again that the new update is "too hard". Go hunt, prepare yourselves!

5. Your thread goes about global complains on how you like HB banana to be, I globalize it for the entire community in my reply simply because in 1h from your post, there'll be another who does include the MiM aspect and repeats what you said because he read it in your topic. That's why I include it, to globalize and make sure I covered most aspects that want nemesis to change to hb banana. Donate me 100k USD and i'll make your HB banana within 1h from your donation.

same with exp

same with everything.

So we just do whatever WE want, to keep, at least, ourselfs happy!

Cause at the end only us will stay forever.

People always complain, regardless of which kind of change we make in any kind of direction. So WE make what WE want because WE are the only ones who will remain and be here for ever and ever. Every game has pros and cons, every game has people who cheer and people who cry... unfortunately nemesis only has a majority of crying people because I can count the number of cheering people on a single hand.

We set a global direction where we want to take the game, and depending on community input one thing gets done before another... (see PvE / PvP poll)

The first post just outlined how we can destroy Nemesis and make it into HB banana.

This pretty much explains it all... unfortunately I can't just write that down simply because people wouldn't accept it and go "why" as they can't see the obvious.

Hb Banana?

I suggested to bring quests to LESS POWERFUL THEN THEY ACTUALLY USED TO BE HERE, and make it so warriors can actually hurt each other.

NO ONE here is crying about not having enough protection from physical damage here (in fact the opposite), so stop bringing it up. Someone will bring up MiM in another topic? Cool. That has nothing to do with this thread. You think our active players are spending the majority of their time posting and not playing? That's delusional. The low%/med% hasn't been touched in 10 years? That's a problem, as you can see the majority of players do not have the morale to to play helbreath the way YOU want it. Open your eyes mate.

Edited by ulez

Hb Banana?

I suggested to bring quests to LESS POWERFUL THEN THEY ACTUALLY USED TO BE HERE, and make it so warriors can actually hurt each other.

NO ONE here is crying about not having enough protection from physical damage here (in fact the opposite), so stop bringing it up. Someone will bring up MiM in another topic? Cool. That has nothing to do with this thread. You think our active players are spending the majority of their time posting and not playing? That's delusional. The low%/med% hasn't been touched in 10 years? That's a problem, as you can see the majority of players do not have the morale to to play helbreath the way YOU want it. Open your eyes mate.

In neme2 nobody said a thing about "warriors can't hurt each other", we added bbh+3, making warriors more powerful and now you complain about "warriors can't hurt each other"... we brought you more power and you complain? Maybe we should remove +3 and downgrade all items back to +0... would stop the complaint about not having power right... since this seems to be reverse universe...

Secondly, not touching the drop chance of low/med/high armors in the past 10 years worked out fine, we gave you increased drop rate and you still complain... maybe because of reverse universe we should remove the drop increase we added and you'll stop complaining...

That you lack morale to play is your own issue, no single change in helbreath can change that lol.

Hb Banana?

In neme2 nobody said a thing about "warriors can't hurt each other", we added bbh+3, making warriors more powerful and now you complain about "warriors can't hurt each other"... we brought you more power and you complain? Maybe we should remove +3 and downgrade all items back to +0... would stop the complaint about not having power right... since this seems to be reverse universe...

Secondly, not touching the drop chance of low/med/high armors in the past 10 years worked out fine, we gave you increased drop rate and you still complain... maybe because of reverse universe we should remove the drop increase we added and you'll stop complaining...

That you lack morale to play is your own issue, no single change in helbreath can change that lol.

>my own issue

>250 players to 54

Doesn't matter if warriors could hurt each other in nem 2 with full hero etc.

Like I said I'm just trying to help here. Unfortunately I'd need a GBH to pound some sense in around here.

Edit: In fact let me make this clear right now, I'm not complaining about any of the conditions here at Nemesis, I would play happily regardless as long as there are players online. I don't give a shit what the exp/droprate/PA is, I simply want to see more players and I'm suggesting to you how to do that.

Edited by ulez

Your suggestions just make the next HB Banana, that is the entire issue.

We (as in the admins) are not going to make the next HB banana based on your suggestions "just to have players".

We will continue doing what we've always been doing, BEING Nemesis, the server that has been here for the past decade and will be here for at least another decade.

Yeah well I'm a lot less fruity then most of your players, just concerned. If nothing else just increase the goldie exp or reduce DK PA, or increase strength req. on shields, or something. Do something relevant, please.

Btw as any character can use a Tower, the shield stripping mechanic on axes goes entirely unused.

Edited by ulez

Yeah well I'm a lot less fruity then most of your players, just concerned. If nothing else just increase the goldie exp or reduce DK PA, or increase strength req. on shields, or something. Do something relevant, please.

Btw as any character can use a Tower, the shield stripping mechanic on axes goes entirely unused.

If you think exp is too slow, get an exp booster. They're there to help you. and "I have no money" is no excuse, sell items in AH to get money to buy boosters. I've seen items got there for 300$ !

As "everyone can use a shield", having axe strip it is a good counter mechanic for the fact that "everyone can use a shield". That people don't USE this mechanic is their issue, we can't change people same way as we can't give morale to people. It's their loss and their issue that they don't use the full potential of axes. You're complaining that people don't use it, complain to the people, not to the staff for that issue lol... go complain in-game to your fellow player that they don't use the mechanic.

Well, the sad fact is that you'll have to learn it the hard way, again. You guys kept the server going untill you had 20 players online tops last time, and it'll have to come to that again it seems.

The updates your doing sound great, and the ones you've done so far are good too (with some expections ofcourse), but there are some serious problems that made the server lose 200 players and that should be very alarming to the staff.

There's still hope i think, and i hope it doesn't need to come down to 20 players online before you open your eyes to suggestions.

As ulez said, you should respect the remaining players you have, like we respect the staff. (Ofcourse these suggestions might seem like they're ment to be insults but really we all are here to make the server better)

Im glad everyone is debating and not just insulting, so i'd like to keep that feeling going!

Tower shield endurance is massive, 40 str can use, and takes a long time for 1 person to break through, please test this with any bs axe and see how this is (I can only test with warx because low str).

Are some mages really complaining that bbh is over power or stripping their dk fast? i'm not hammer user but I have yet to see a single dk piece strip in a battle, even long ones.

I am enjoying the game, even if im always on here with new comments, complaints, or suggestions. I don't want easy-mode, but I would like to para a warrior and not just slap air for 15 seconds when a mage can ek in 2 blizz during sade.

As "everyone can use a shield", having axe strip it is a good counter mechanic for the fact that "everyone can use a shield". That people don't USE this mechanic is their issue, we can't change people same way as we can't give morale to people. It's their loss and their issue that they don't use the full potential of axes. You're complaining that people don't use it, complain to the people, not to the staff for that issue lol... go complain in-game to your fellow player that they don't use the mechanic.

You think we haven't tried stripping shields? You seriously think that if shields aren't stripping it's because we haven't tried, that's the problem?

We're not stupid lol, the tower shield endurance is so high that it doesn't strip in any practical amount of time. Like I just said goes entirely unused BECAUSE OF THIS.

close pls

close your mouth pls

Edited by ulez

TBH axe stripping is very good, all decent wars used it at neme 2, right now noone has schooled the new warriors on how it is done.

Please keep in mind a war with items its pretty much unkillable where a mage is always weak =(

Btw jun on your last statement. 90% of the times elv actually fights I get atleast my chain stripped =(

Look I understand you guys have to read a lot, but I'm try to keep it concise so please actually read it.

we do read it...and we do post . u just dont like what we post.

But keep posting. we like to read.

And we will take what WE consider.

TBH axe stripping is very good, all decent wars used it at neme 2, right now noone has schooled the new warriors on how it is done.

Please keep in mind a war with items its pretty much unkillable where a mage is always weak =(

Btw jun on your last statement. 90% of the times elv actually fights I get atleast my chain stripped =(

=/ i'll have to watch more carefully

war in mass mr is still going to get hit some of the time against good hp wand, and in MR gear he is weak to the clicking!

remember davinci had dr set all 70+ and was untouchable to all but my fistings =P

anyway, 200/200 intmag should be kinda fragile right? 200/200 strdex is hard to complain because you know you are glass hammer.

In most games mages are very powerful with magic and weak vs phys dmg we all know that. But in neme mages are very powerful and have great defense which it shouldnt be the case. Wars dont have any of these. Unless you announce that warriors cant kill a mage 1v1 if not with mass crits boxing while a mage really can fak any war 1v1 regardless his armor. :). Just watch any normal pvp at any map:

Mage: Mim + blizz spam spam. Run amp. Mim + blizz spam spam. Ek

Warrior: AMP me, zerk, run like crazy cast tons of para, omg its parad crits : 15s- 10s, 20s 50s 23s. Amp gone = Amp me!!! 2 blizz dead. :wacko: << Wars life

When warriors gets decent mr/ma that doenst means hes not gonna die. Most mages will have full hero :glare:. Play a mage ? Dont like mages. Get amp? Mages dont fight amp wars, they scream and bitch in global if you become an amp war. They recall << this was tested.

I hear jimmies rustling from all directions. Well, as a relative newb (to Nem 3 anyway) everything seems fine aside from the server population and exp dropoff at ~120. I've had a ton of M stone drops, ~49 statted shields/rep7 weaps. I still think 70 players is a decent amount, but it should be much higher during sades.

this all seems like it will be moot once the PvP changes that White announced are released, since maxing should become a lower priority. PL raiding just isn't worth keeping a character at 140, actual arenas and tournaments etc. would definitely make this server appeal to newcomers a ton.

just my .02

I actually agree with this white. How about then that if person HAS the quest for same monster type it counts. E.g. If I have to kill 80 IG, and Friend has to kill 150 for a quest. Can we make his kills count towards mine and vice versa? THen still planned.

Also if my friend is finished as he started earlier, and does his 150th IG, and I have some to go, can still make his kills count if he holds the quest.

What do you think about that?

I actually agree with this white. How about then that if person HAS the quest for same monster type it counts. E.g. If I have to kill 80 IG, and Friend has to kill 150 for a quest. Can we make his kills count towards mine and vice versa? THen still planned.

Also if my friend is finished as he started earlier, and does his 150th IG, and I have some to go, can still make his kills count if he holds the quest.

What do you think about that?

Mixing 80 & 150 kill quests is somewhat difficult as the system currently isn't made for that mixing. It would require the extension in the code base to "link" quests together, then we need to link the 80 IG and 150 IG together as a pair and whenever a kill is done, we need to validate all pairs and add count towards them. Such extension would take more time to develop then the amount of benefit it could possibly bring as this change would change the fundamentals of the quest system's structure. (Not impossible, but too much effort for a too low reward IMO)

When both have 150 IG, and one finish before the other, it should allow the 2nd guy (who's finished) to keep killing and make counts for the other guy as long as the 2nd guy (who's finished) keeps the quest in his quest list and doesn't take its reward yet.

The biggest problem in HB is that the game is just old.

Eventually helbreath in general will end, since ppl who used to play it are getting old and dont have enough time to come back and do it all again. The new player base isnt enough to deal with it either. Theres no solution for it.

But i guess 80 players online is kinda low and idk why its happening, since the server still new. For me nemesis has the most professional staff and server i ever played, thats why i thought it would have 100-150 players for some years.

From all ppl said i gotta agree that one factor for it may be the warrior "weakness" against mages.

Since ppl dont play much and the drop rate isnt high, a warrior will always be underpowered against a mage (i always played warr and mage). Lots of mages are DK15 and MIM is buyable at magic shop. Its just too easy for a mage to mass blizz your *censored*, even with pfm, and make you run like a bitch. In case he faces you and dont feel comfortable to fight, he can always mim and you done. MIM should be a manual i guess or 1x1 spell, but i think changing it now just would make more ppl quit than attract new ones.

So, at the end, my conclusion is that theres no solution for it. Its just natural. The staff on here already did huge decent changes, including the last one which was the host change. Besides that, not much can be done to change helbreath reality. I will be playing it until the end tho.

Thank You