Sign in to follow this  
ulez

State Of Helbreath Nemesis

I’m very much interested in the success of this server and here I plan to provide a player’s perspective.

There’s no denying that the average number of players online has been hovering around 80 or so. In light of the saturating amount of suggestions being made, I’ll try to condense the most critical factors that will attract players, while at the same time making minimal changes to “Nemesis” style Helbreath.

________________________________________________________________________________________

First we start with experience.

Let’s face it, this is the 3rd Nemesis, many of these players have been playing for ten years, and these are very real factors that haven’t been considered but need to be.

• The goldie experience needs to be increased to some degree, not so much that the existing players will cry about their time invested, but will instead be happy for the repopulating of the server.

• Promiseland raiders need to be removed temporarily, they are reckless and greedy. They set out to impede new players from training without considering the consequences.

Adding any amount of cool-down time (3 hours) completely disrupts the smooth “d3/d4 party” system where players take the quest, complete it, and immediately re-take it. This was the wrong solution, instead:

• Remove the cool-down time; adjust the quest rewards to something appropriate (less experience, gold, contribution). This way parties can stay continuous. The addition of cool-down time just seemed lazy anyways.

Onto PvP.

Players don’t like to see their warriors hitting damage in the single digits (on mages especially), that is ridiculous.

• PA on DKset (and possibly endurance) needs to be dropped somewhat (for both warriors and mages). Right now all two enemy warriors can do to each other is use harsh language.

AND/OR

• The strength requirement of shields needs to look something like: Tower(100-120str), Kite (60-85), Lagi (40-65), Iron (30-40), Blonde (20-30). Now the strip factor of axes will actually be in effect, and simply Light%/Strong% stats will be marketable on any of these shields.

Mages don’t like playing with full dk either.

• Slightly increase the droprate of 7-28 mp/hp/dr/mr (as well as low ma/pa).

• To counterbalance this I suggest decreasing the droprate of rares which discourage new and existing players (remember this is the ultimate goal).

_______________________________________________________________________________________

That’s pretty much it. On another note you've got a really cool thing going with taming. Some work needs to be done on it, this isn't as high of priority as what is listed above. Also with the new server change there is momentum to come back. Thanks for reading, Sam.

Edited by ulez

pretty much sums up what a lot of different people have been saying, but all together doesn't seem like a bad package since no one feature is an extreme change.

how often do people log on, do 1 d3-d4 quest, get bored and log off? unlock them just reduce exp by 10-20% is great idea!

Edited by Juno_NH

Once again. If nemesis staff intentions was to keep players for 10+ years playing this game like nemesis 2 did well its not possible. Experience in server is kinda crazy if players needs to spend countless days,months playing to max and im meaning (angels+20) once single character. Extending the time to get exp to make players spend more hours to make the server last longer its not the best idea. You have the results right now, from 300 to less than 100 in less than 3 months. The updates are fine, actually their great, Taming and guild stuffs are worth but there are things that were forgotten more importants than updates.

Players should be able to get easy drops from 7-28. In fact all monsters in any map that you can be killed should be able to drop hoses, berks, leathers and this doesnt makes the server fruity cuz with sets 28 all pieces wont make you an invincible char and instead of that it makes ppl to hunt more and more for better items. Why this? Simple, this makes players leave safe zones and go hunt increasing the chance of pvp and this is the main goal of helbreath, at least is the reason i joined helbreath.

One thing that could be considered to take action is removing dk sets from server and recode weapons stats like bbh that does 50% armor strip which i as a war find it crazy. This could be done if well tested like make bbh strip chains in a well thought time. Also for this bbh dmg should have to be reduced and so blizz. This would make manufacturing a must if anyone would want to make better sets.

Believe it or not, nemesis has lost players because of mim spell, its buyable at shop when it should be a manual drop, its a 3x3 spell? It should be like paralize 1x1 since its a pain in the arse for warriors to fight mimed when a warrior needs to land a paralize 1x1 spell if he/she wants to have a chance against a mage when they encounter 1v1 at any map. Also the time a person is mimed its crazy, should not be more than 10 seconds since mim doesnt cost much mp.

Please stop this second drops festival before its too late. Think about it.

Thanks for reading.

Even if a single warrior lands the para the mage is just gonna throw on shield mshield ect and stall til it wears off. And thats if the stars align and you land that para while probably mimed or frozen already.

This kind of conversation has always been forbidden here, so be very careful what you say. Any suggestion that is too close to the truth will result a ban.

I already told several people that the damage has already been done. And im saying this the nicest way possible.

what really has to change is the people actitude.. since always the usual hb player actitude sux.... and it seems than after so many years, it didnt change; only a few really help other people, the rest just insult or criticize for free

we are "fine" . meanwhile 80 people online

This.

You have to see that there are some problems when your server loses over 200 players in few months. Sure there's always the few people at the beginning who dont get the start they would like or get destroyed by maxed players, but still 200+ players should tell you something else.

I cant believe the amount of rares there's on the server already, this fact will keep any new players from joining the server. I hate to say this but soon you'll be back at 40 players online tops, and those are the ones with good luck (read: good sets and/or rares)

Theres alot of opportunity for growth too since this is really the only hb server that isn't bad. I honestly don't enjoy trying to fight people with insane gear whilst i can't even find better than an mp 28 shield or trade for anything whatsoever. The hp/mp 7-21 set would help alot. It would help get some drops for newer players.

U all are doctors. yes.

We are fine doing exactly the settings we want

I have to agree on this...

And to counter some points you guys are making:

- Primary drop rate was raised already during the beta.

- Rates of 7~28% armors didn't get changed since v1.x of helbreath (aka before nemesis started), it's all random.

- All quests have been equally balanced out in experience, gold and contri with a 10% increase for party. Where "any mob" quests use the average ratio of all mobs available in that map. The fact that D3/D4 quests were so massively played is due to the nature that killing "any mob" is much faster in those maps then in any other maps, for such thing we didn't have a factor in our calculations. So we added in our own factor, which is a time-limiter factor. Having it time-limited or reduced exp/gold/contri is the same thing. There are a BUNCH of other quests available you can accept and play as a group or guild, make use of them and don't be retarded and look beyond D3 and D4.

- All your issues like "dk is too strong", "mages don't like DK and want sets", "PA on DK must be reduced", "mim should be a manual" can be simply solved by *censored*ing hunting for items. Hunt for PA/MA shields and armors to counter DK weapons and BBH warriors; go hunt for MP sets; go hunt for lucidity angel (and go hunt for your majestics to upgrade the lucidity angel). But you're all too lazy as *censored* to do something, you want it all gifted on a golden plate served by the waitress of helbreath banana.

if people weren't wearing dk all the time I might actually be able to do some damage with my weapon! haha

Because you dont know how to hunt or farm

ok, ppl don't play nemesis because tower shield required 40 str and blizzard frozen whit pfm

Did you even read the op? Looks like you didn't

The tower shield str increase is a great idea. Why would the heaviest shield be 40 str LOL. How about some diversity

Edited by Iowa

People have to keep in mind that being an old game players get tired and move on.. so there arent many things that can be done to "save" HB

If you want me to be honest i'd tell yall to enjoy the last years of helbreath. Its been a good run, but it can't last forever.

White sorry to repeat this - but please could you just modify party quests so that anyone in the party who gets a kill of that type counts towards on your quest. It's really non-intuitive at the moment.

If my town has told me to kill 150 ice golem. Does it really matter if my friend has the quest. 150 dead ice golems is 150 dead ice golems. IF town has told him to kill 80 ice golems (because he is level 160 or something) does it really matter that I have to kill 150 (and that none of my kills count towards his?).

one other thing ppl over looking to is not many noobs to HB.. most of us are over 10+ years players and some of them had to learn along the way and just getting harder to kill over the years.. cause they horn in on what works best for them. playing style and build.. some better at timing then others.. like it's all ways been.. and some improved timing their own selves. so i don't thinks it's cause of the DK sets.. or lack of armors...it's just we all had then learn a thing or two along the way.. no one stays noobs forever !!!

I blame the drop rates and no i dont want to spend 5 years playing to have a 28 set. Hardly have time to spend 2-4 hours a week to get nothing. Its boring. 5 friends of mine quitted when they saw first month rare drop table :(.

Yeah insult your few remaining players, that's clever. Actually, a lot of us pursued college degrees.

So White I see you misunderstood most of the points made.

• Yes, 7-28% rate hasn't been changed since v1.x. This isn't v1.x anymore. This is 10 years in the future and we've done the grinding a thousand times before. Don't take my word for it, just look at the sharp decrease of players.

• "Time-limit is the same as reduced exp". Try rallying a party through d3/d4, then garden, then icebound, then toh3, not that easy. Even if you were able to do this with parties as large as the old d3/d4 ones, you'd still have another 1.5 hours to wait. The addition of the time-limiter to d3/d4 is just lazy and insulting.

• Hunt for PA/MA shields and armors to counter DK weapons and BBH warriors - This has nothing to do with anything.

• go hunt for MP sets - What exactly do you think people are doing when they're online, standing in the warehouse?

• lucidity angel - I didn't even mention MIM, I made this thread to condense what is actually important and it's disrespectful for you to counter irrelevant suggestions in order to gain momentum. Besides the idea of finding and upgrading an angel as a valid adjustment to MIM is... comical.

My suggestions really wouldn't change the game very much or even be hard to do. The very reason I made this thread is to escape the overwhelming amount of suggestions pouring in, and focus on a few key points. Please be respectful and address this separately from the mass, extreme suggestions. Keep in mind my only intention is for the server to succeed.

Edited by ulez

I have people saying drop is low and people saying its high.

same with exp

same with everything.

So we just do whatever WE want, to keep, at least, ourselfs happy!

Cause at the end only us will stay forever.

I'll agree zem, x, and m, drop way too often from slimes, skells, etc.

having safe +3 counter acts this somewhat since everyone can +3 everything (and fail a lot too) so x stones are burned through pretty fast keeping x-stone value good.

I'm supporting Ray-Ban in this thread, but its annoying to read when anyone puts "this is my idea, as you can see server is losing players, so must be because of this, do my idea". Everyone should make suggestions because they would either enjoy the game more (not made easier) if suggestion was acted, or it would help something where its unfair for someone/unbalance, like a bug almost.

I'm playing mage at the moment, nearly max lvl. IF I can get 50 ek and no death with BS item I will screenshot the char, bag, and ek list, and offer this as evidence to re-think balance.