Sign in to follow this  
Dilr0y

Instant Level 180 Feature

I agree with white. 100 usd sounds about right for 180 lvl. If you're not willing to grind for 180 then 100usd very reasonable. In fact it should be higher to encourage players to hunt for items along the way. If you grind and hunt as you go and ek on the way, that is what the essence of helbreath should be. If you spend 24/7 raiding and then complain to people why do you have items and I don't....then honestly it's no1s fault but your own.

Think about it this way, 100 usd is probably 2 8 hour shifts minimum wage. That's 16 hours of work. IMO it takes a lot more than 16 hours to max your char so white is being very generous here. IMO it should be double

I got you guys point (white and fyw), but, first of all, im thinking about south american players, which 100 usd isnt easy like this. Since its an international server, we should try to define a reasonable price to fit most of players countries, and south americans are a huge number on nemesis.

I didnt know white based his 180 price on majestic prices, which sounds really logical. But theres a difference between getting majs to upgrade DK weapons and angels, which will help you in pvp, besides pvm, and getting 180, which will make you more confident about training due wearing a DK set and having full stats. When you reach 180 its a "new game phase", and it motivates you to keep going, feeling safe enought to try at least. Not the same as simply upgrading majs, as i said before. Thats why the prices shouldnt be related simply to amount of exp they both would need.

Thank You

Dummies have no power outside barracks (they don't give exp) so I'll gladly make a couple 100 to annoy you :D

Well, the fact that I based it off majestics is simply because the easier way to offer both majestics and 180 in cash shop is by selling lvl 10 exp pots, which give 1 mil exp each.

So selling a lot of 150 of them would be equal to 50 majestics or lvl 180+9majs...

On the other hand making a separated item that can only be used below lvl 180 to lvl up to 180 could be done in order to make lvl 180 cheaper than majestics, but then again there is the issue that this requires development and testing...

And those 2 things are done by me and requires my time investment into them... And I'd rather work on the big PvP Tournament update instead of at this item to earn a couple $$.

Dummies have no power outside barracks (they don't give exp) so I'll gladly make a couple 100 to annoy you :D

Well, the fact that I based it off majestics is simply because the easier way to offer both majestics and 180 in cash shop is by selling lvl 10 exp pots, which give 1 mil exp each.

So selling a lot of 150 of them would be equal to 50 majestics or lvl 180+9majs...

On the other hand making a separated item that can only be used below lvl 180 to lvl up to 180 could be done in order to make lvl 180 cheaper than majestics, but then again there is the issue that this requires development and testing...

And those 2 things are done by me and requires my time investment into them... And I'd rather work on the big PvP Tournament update instead of at this item to earn a couple $$.

Don't let coding get you down, have it be a service that "can take up to 24 hours" and have GMs/admins just edit the character level.

Simple solution. It should be easy for the admin/GM to do, and it's gonna make you guys money you were not making before.

Edited by Dilr0y

I think it should be somewhere in the middle of those 2 prices.. I think 18USD is too little, and 100 is a little too much. I'm thinking about 50-60$ is in the fair range, considering the work that goes into it and the benefits that arise once you get there. I know for myself I would buy at least one at those prices, probably 2. I also have several friends that would come back to this specific server if that service was available, as they all quit because they were sick of the grind.

I agree with dilroy, have it be a "may take up to 24 hours" service, so that it doesn't put any more strain on the coders. You guys really have more important updates to work on, and we all realize that.

Edited by Valium

The cash shop is made so you buy items. Going back to services like Nemesis 2 had them where waiting was always involved takes a lot more effort right now. Only admins could handle such requests, and as I am the coder I am not handling them... So it's only farjat who can do it... But the poor old man asked me to add cash shop to make business life easy... So he's not willing to return and do it the hard way again...

close pls

Is this all you have to say on a topic you don't agree with? How about close your mouth.

I agree with white. 100 usd sounds about right for 180 lvl. If you're not willing to grind for 180 then 100usd very reasonable. In fact it should be higher to encourage players to hunt for items along the way. If you grind and hunt as you go and ek on the way, that is what the essence of helbreath should be. If you spend 24/7 raiding and then complain to people why do you have items and I don't....then honestly it's no1s fault but your own.

Think about it this way, 100 usd is probably 2 8 hour shifts minimum wage. That's 16 hours of work. IMO it takes a lot more than 16 hours to max your char so white is being very generous here. IMO it should be double

It's supply and demand. They can make it 100usd or 200usd all day long, and you can feel good about yourself, but they're not going to sell any lol.

I think this is a GREAT idea, and should be geared in a way so that it can actually be used. There's no good in coding a solution but gearing it wrong so that it simply sits there as if it doesn't exist (shield strip, illusion angels).

Therefore yeah, 40-50usd, it will sell, be great for the server.

We took this and we are adding it soon to the cash shop.

Basicly the scroll will only level to 140 or 180 depending on which u choose.

The prices will obviously turn this into an epic failure or a potentially booming success.

$50 is too high. If the XP rate was x1 then $50-$75 would be reasonable, but come on guys. Let's be realistic. $20 a pop is FAIR. No one is getting gear/items/majs out of this. This is PURELY to skip the bullcrap leveling.

Lo unico que espero qe no vendan son items, sino se frutea.. Cualquiera que no sea Argentino no le cuesta mucho... Pero aca el cambio se va a la mierda !

For 180 scroll will be around 60 or 3x150.

not sure yet.

I do not foresee you getting many purchases if you have it be this high.

not sure yet.

We do not for see to make a huge amount of profit from it.

We only try to sustain the server and keep it self funded for as long as possible.

not sure yet.

We only try to sustain the server and keep it self funded for as long as possible.

Fair enough. Why not make it at an affordable price you sell more therefore you sustain the server and keep it funded? :unsure:

not sure yet.

Fair enough. Why not make it at an affordable price you sell more therefore you sustain the server and keep it funded? :unsure:

We can sustain it with our high-price policy at this point anyway... If not we have our fall-back options which is personal funding... and if needed we can always do discounts for holiday periods or even permanently lower it if needed.